Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird sensation after ipl

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weird sensation after ipl

    Hi, all!

    Just want to share my experience, hoping there are others in the same situation that can help me.
    Short story: one day after I did my first IPL session, everytime I lay down (especially at night) I feel a weird sensation in my right cheek… It is like I can really feel how the blood flows through the capillaries in that part of the face; how it comes and goes as in a swing; how the capillaries work, dilating and shrinking. That feeling usually comes with burning senation, too.

    I am pretty sure it is consequence of that first IPL treatment, cannot explain why, but I know it. Hoping this could be fixed, I did others IPL sessions. It has not worked, that sensation is still with me.

    IPL has done something in my skin, capillaries, overall inflamation or whatever. **** it.


    Help, please? I really wanna know every theory you have.

  • #2
    Originally posted by 3jun View Post
    Hi, all!

    Just want to share my experience, hoping there are others in the same situation that can help me.
    Short story: one day after I did my first IPL session, everytime I lay down (especially at night) I feel a weird sensation in my right cheek… It is like I can really feel how the blood flows through the capillaries in that part of the face; how it comes and goes as in a swing; how the capillaries work, dilating and shrinking. That feeling usually comes with burning senation, too.

    I am pretty sure it is consequence of that first IPL treatment, cannot explain why, but I know it. Hoping this could be fixed, I did others IPL sessions. It has not worked, that sensation is still with me.

    IPL has done something in my skin, capillaries, overall inflamation or whatever. **** it.


    Help, please? I really wanna know every theory you have.
    Flushing while laying down/sleeping seems to be pretty rare in general but there are definitely plenty of people on this forum that have experienced it (myself included).
    A few things helped me. One was mirtazapine- I take 15mg/day. However, before I started the mirtazapine I had a lot of improvement from just a couple really simple changes:
    (1) propping myself up on lots of pillows, so that my head is super elevated when I lay down to sleep
    (2) not setting the AC in the bedroom too low- 67 F seemed to be good for my face. 65 F was too cold and those couple of degrees somehow made a huge difference
    (3) not having a fan blow directly on my face when I sleep. I set it to the lowest setting and set it on rotate.
    (4) antihistamines

    Unfortunately, my nose still swells up when I lay down at night, but my cheeks are waaay better. Hope you find some relief. Just keep trying things and please report back if you find anything that helps you- it's always good to see what's working for other people.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 3jun View Post
      Hi, all!

      Just want to share my experience, hoping there are others in the same situation that can help me.
      Short story: one day after I did my first IPL session, everytime I lay down (especially at night) I feel a weird sensation in my right cheek… It is like I can really feel how the blood flows through the capillaries in that part of the face; how it comes and goes as in a swing; how the capillaries work, dilating and shrinking. That feeling usually comes with burning senation, too.

      I am pretty sure it is consequence of that first IPL treatment, cannot explain why, but I know it. Hoping this could be fixed, I did others IPL sessions. It has not worked, that sensation is still with me.

      IPL has done something in my skin, capillaries, overall inflamation or whatever. **** it.


      Help, please? I really wanna know every theory you have.
      Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair cream is specifically made to help the skin recover after laser/IPL treatment. It may be that the skin's barrier has been impaired by the IPL treatment, which could for example open it up to demodex mite infestation. Do you get any itching at the sites where you feel the blood flow?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jamoverton View Post
        Flushing while laying down/sleeping seems to be pretty rare in general but there are definitely plenty of people on this forum that have experienced it (myself included).
        A few things helped me. One was mirtazapine- I take 15mg/day. However, before I started the mirtazapine I had a lot of improvement from just a couple really simple changes:
        (1) propping myself up on lots of pillows, so that my head is super elevated when I lay down to sleep
        (2) not setting the AC in the bedroom too low- 67 F seemed to be good for my face. 65 F was too cold and those couple of degrees somehow made a huge difference
        (3) not having a fan blow directly on my face when I sleep. I set it to the lowest setting and set it on rotate.
        (4) antihistamines

        Unfortunately, my nose still swells up when I lay down at night, but my cheeks are waaay better. Hope you find some relief. Just keep trying things and please report back if you find anything that helps you- it's always good to see what's working for other people.
        Sorry you are experiencing the same! And thank you for all your ideas. I had read some of them time before but I think they do not work for me. Also, in my case, I would not like to get to the point of taking any medication to improve this (of course, if someday I can not stand it anymore, I may take whatever could help me... But it is the last of my options, I guess).

        Now I am experimenting with diet (a restric one) in order to improve other health issues and rosacea, of course. I think it is another health condition, autoinmune or not, that is signaling something going wrong in our body. And if you can pinpoint what is happening, the disease remission is possible.

        So if I get to that point in the future, I will share. The thing is, if it is a damage result of IPL, could I fix it? Don't know but hope so. I wish I know what is exactly damaged: skin barrier, capillaries, nerve ending, just inflammation in the area…


        Good luck in your journey!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
          Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair cream is specifically made to help the skin recover after laser/IPL treatment. It may be that the skin's barrier has been impaired by the IPL treatment, which could for example open it up to demodex mite infestation. Do you get any itching at the sites where you feel the blood flow?
          Thank you for your suggestion. I have not used that specific product but others with the same purpose… Maybe they were not the adequate ones and I should give this Epidermal Repair Cream (or other products) a try. I also thought that my skin barrier was really damaged and was the cause of the weird sensation on my right cheek; but I don't know what to think nowadays. Have no idea, but as I said above, I wish I know what is exactly damaged: skin barrier, capillaries, nerve ending, just inflammation in the area…


          I don't get itching at those sites… Maybe once every so often. Guess that if you have demodex mite infestation, the itchiness is a everyday big problem along with other symptoms like p&p, right?

          Regards!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 3jun View Post
            Thank you for your suggestion. I have not used that specific product but others with the same purpose… Maybe they were not the adequate ones and I should give this Epidermal Repair Cream (or other products) a try. I also thought that my skin barrier was really damaged and was the cause of the weird sensation on my right cheek; but I don't know what to think nowadays. Have no idea, but as I said above, I wish I know what is exactly damaged: skin barrier, capillaries, nerve ending, just inflammation in the area…


            I don't get itching at those sites… Maybe once every so often. Guess that if you have demodex mite infestation, the itchiness is a everyday big problem along with other symptoms like p&p, right?

            Regards!
            Demodex mites are present on 95% of adults, so you almost certainly have them, the only issue is to what extent they are impacting on your skin condition. I've found the Skinceuticals cream very helpful. I use it, for example, after botox injections for rosacea, as it helps the skin heal quicker where the injections are. I react to most creams, but not that one. Zhongzhou cream can be very helpful to tackle the demodex mites but you may want to improve the skin barrier before you use it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
              Demodex mites are present on 95% of adults, so you almost certainly have them, the only issue is to what extent they are impacting on your skin condition. I've found the Skinceuticals cream very helpful. I use it, for example, after botox injections for rosacea, as it helps the skin heal quicker where the injections are. I react to most creams, but not that one. Zhongzhou cream can be very helpful to tackle the demodex mites but you may want to improve the skin barrier before you use it.
              antwantsclear I don't mean to change direction on this thread but I'm curious about the botox- does that help with redness/flushing or just texture?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jamoverton View Post
                antwantsclear I don't mean to change direction on this thread but I'm curious about the botox- does that help with redness/flushing or just texture?
                Botox helps with flushing, not texture. It works best when used with oral medicines as well. But it is helpful to be able to target the botox specifically on the area where you want to reduce the flushing (e.g. around the edge of the ears or around the edge of the nose) rather than only with oral medications which are less targeted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
                  Botox helps with flushing, not texture. It works best when used with oral medicines as well. But it is helpful to be able to target the botox specifically on the area where you want to reduce the flushing (e.g. around the edge of the ears or around the edge of the nose) rather than only with oral medications which are less targeted.
                  Thanks! Always good to hear of more solutions for flushing. I might try this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
                    Demodex mites are present on 95% of adults, so you almost certainly have them, the only issue is to what extent they are impacting on your skin condition. I've found the Skinceuticals cream very helpful. I use it, for example, after botox injections for rosacea, as it helps the skin heal quicker where the injections are. I react to most creams, but not that one. Zhongzhou cream can be very helpful to tackle the demodex mites but you may want to improve the skin barrier before you use it.
                    Yeah, I know about demodex mites but I dont know if they actually are a problem in my case. I think I will try the SkinCeuticals product you say or another one with similar characteristics. Do you know more products like that one? In order to have more options...
                    In this moment I dont wanna try Zhongzhou cream, it has ingredients that I dont like. In any case, I want to test if I have an infestation before using any product to kill them and hurting my skin.
                    Have you read of anyone that has usted Blue Ice Fermented Cod LIver Oil Beauty Balm? I am really interested because of the vitamin A and D content. It might be beneficial for the skin.
                    Last edited by 3jun; 15 August 2019, 11:55 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
                      Demodex mites are present on 95% of adults, so you almost certainly have them, the only issue is to what extent they are impacting on your skin condition. I've found the Skinceuticals cream very helpful. I use it, for example, after botox injections for rosacea, as it helps the skin heal quicker where the injections are. I react to most creams, but not that one. Zhongzhou cream can be very helpful to tackle the demodex mites but you may want to improve the skin barrier before you use it.
                      Yeah, I know about demodex mites but I dont know if they actually are a problem in my case. I think I will try the SkinCeuticals product you say or another one with similar characteristics. Do you know more products like that one? In order to have more options...
                      In this moment I dont wanna try Zhongzhou cream, it has ingredients that I dont like. In any case, I want to test if I have an infestation before using any product to kill them and hurting my skin.
                      Have you read of anyone that has usted Blue Ice Fermented Cod LIver Oil Beauty Balm? I am really interested because of the vitamin A and D content. It might be beneficial for the skin.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
                        Demodex mites are present on 95% of adults, so you almost certainly have them, the only issue is to what extent they are impacting on your skin condition. I've found the Skinceuticals cream very helpful. I use it, for example, after botox injections for rosacea, as it helps the skin heal quicker where the injections are. I react to most creams, but not that one. Zhongzhou cream can be very helpful to tackle the demodex mites but you may want to improve the skin barrier before you use it.
                        Hi antswantclear, where do you get your botox done?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Momof View Post
                          Hi antswantclear, where do you get your botox done?
                          I'm always interested where other people get their botox done, because it's still a relatively new treatment for rosacea and doctors are still learning how best to perform it, but two places that have done quite a good job for me are:
                          - Discover Laser in Burnley near Manchester - Dr Montero
                          - Eudelo in London

                          Discover Laser is considerably cheaper than Eudelo.

                          Botox for rosacea is more complex than botox for cosmetic reasons, so you want a doctor with experience of using botox specifically to treat rosacea.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X