X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch1
    replied
    Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
    The problem with these laser and IPL papers is they are always published by doctors with a direct commercial interest in them as you'll see in the disclosure at the end. The reality of the laser and IPL appears to be a lot of undesirable side effects from people's experience on this forum.
    Yes this is a good point. And I agree, you only have to do a quick scroll through this forum to see that a lot of people have had negative experiences with lasers. But they can be of benefit to some people. I just thought this paper did a good job of distinguishing what laser does what - something that can be very confusing and most dermatologists won't bother properly explaining.

Leave a comment:

• antwantsclear
    replied
    The problem with these laser and IPL papers is they are always published by doctors with a direct commercial interest in them as you'll see in the disclosure at the end. The reality of the laser and IPL appears to be a lot of undesirable side effects from people's experience on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• David Pascoe
    replied
    It is a pretty decent summary of state of the art, and the full text is available for free.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dutch1
    started a topic Paper discussing lasers for erythema

Paper discussing lasers for erythema

This paper on clinical management of erythema was recently posted by the news bot but I thought I would draw attention to it here in case anyone was interested. It contains a good discussion of the various available laser treatments, which at least for me is always a confusing topic. It mentions PDL, KTP, Nd:YAG, IPL, PDT lasers, amongst others.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8197440/
Working...
X