Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPL - Facial hairloss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IPL - Facial hairloss

    Is there a chance facial hair will grow back after one IPL treatment ?

    I used to have a nice beard but after my first IPL (End of February 2018, whole face) it seems that my beard has almost gone in some areas
    the dermatologist told me it wouldn't be an issue and the hair will grow back. but i guess he was wrong. after 1 month of treatment it hasn't been a lot better and my dermatologist said that it's really strange that i lost hair because the settings were for redness and not for hair removal. i'm considering to take a serum for facial hairgrowth.

    Does it need time to regrow or are those hair follicles gone ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by samoht View Post
    Is there a chance facial hair will grow back after one IPL treatment ?

    I used to have a nice beard but after my first IPL (End of February 2018, whole face) it seems that my beard has almost gone in some areas
    the dermatologist told me it wouldn't be an issue and the hair will grow back. but i guess he was wrong. after 1 month of treatment it hasn't been a lot better and my dermatologist said that it's really strange that i lost hair because the settings were for redness and not for hair removal. i'm considering to take a serum for facial hairgrowth.

    Does it need time to regrow or are those hair follicles gone ?
    You might want try red light therapy. It really stimulates hair follicles.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by samoht View Post
      Is there a chance facial hair will grow back after one IPL treatment ?

      I used to have a nice beard but after my first IPL (End of February 2018, whole face) it seems that my beard has almost gone in some areas
      the dermatologist told me it wouldn't be an issue and the hair will grow back. but i guess he was wrong. after 1 month of treatment it hasn't been a lot better and my dermatologist said that it's really strange that i lost hair because the settings were for redness and not for hair removal. i'm considering to take a serum for facial hairgrowth.

      Does it need time to regrow or are those hair follicles gone ?
      Had a strong IPL 3 years ago and also lost most of my facial hair in the treated area. Sorry to tell you, it never came back

      Comment


      • #4
        i really don't get how a dermatologist can say it grows back normally when i doesn't

        it's just straight lying into your face...!!! i mean not all of them are gone but a lot of them and i think i won't grow my beard to nice beard again !!!
        i should get some money back for my hairloss i guess.

        did you hear about this : minoxidil ??

        Comment


        • #5
          It doesn't surprise me that a doctor has made a mistake. They're always so confident in their statements but the chances are they're just regurgitating what they've seen on marketing collateral.

          I've had two derms be dishonest with me, and it has resulted in me with a permanently burn face (Mirvaso) and having to pay a small fortune to correct the skin (laser).

          Here's the problem with doctors: an excess of certitude and a lack of humility.
          I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.


          T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by samoht View Post
            i really don't get how a dermatologist can say it grows back normally when i doesn't

            it's just straight lying into your face...!!! i mean not all of them are gone but a lot of them and i think i won't grow my beard to nice beard again !!!
            i should get some money back for my hairloss i guess.

            did you hear about this : minoxidil ??
            Yes, Minox will help you growing more beard. I also thought about giving it a try. However Minoxidil is going systemic, so it has an effect on your whole body and not only the areas that you apply it to. Also it is not really clear what happens to your hair, if you stop with Minox after a long time... I´m afraid to loose hair on my sculp.. then I´m bald and without beard

            Comment


            • #7
              I went for a consultation at a dermatologists office and they told me that they usually have male patients shave right before treatment and somehow that makes the hair less likely to be targeted. Ive been doing research on laser and Ipl in my area and although v beam would not cause hair loss, I have read that ipl is better for diffuse redness/pinkness which is why I'm disappointed so many males have this issue. Also I use an electric razor because my skin is sensitive. I'd rather not have to use a regular razor. Did you shave before your treatment?

              Comment


              • #8
                yes i shaved i 2 hours before treatment. i should have known better

                i'll guess only time will tell which beard hairs will make their way back...hopefully a lot

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by timo View Post
                  Had a strong IPL 3 years ago and also lost most of my facial hair in the treated area. Sorry to tell you, it never came back
                  hi timo...what do you mean with strong ipl treatment ? red spots etc..?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by samoht View Post
                    hi timo...what do you mean with strong ipl treatment ? red spots etc..?
                    Yes, red and blue stripes. It looked like I was burned. My face was swolen for over 3 weeks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by timo View Post
                      Yes, red and blue stripes. It looked like I was burned. My face was swolen for over 3 weeks
                      oh my god...that sounds cracy i guess the person who did it wasen't experienced ?

                      i just wanted to give you some update about my beard hairs....it's been almost 3 month since i have done the laser treatment and i have to say a lot of the beard hairs did come back. they aren't that thick like they used to be but i guess they need time to regrow...i think they have almost been put into vellus hairs again when i was 18 or 19. i have no idea why...but a lot of them get darker and thicker again.

                      the doctor said he's to 99.9 % sure that in about 4 month my beard will be the same like before. I'll see....

                      but i was really shocked after the treatment that my beard hairs were almost gone and thought allright the beard is history....at the moment i think the doctor is right. i see improvement while the time goes by.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by samoht View Post
                        oh my god...that sounds cracy i guess the person who did it wasen't experienced ?

                        i just wanted to give you some update about my beard hairs....it's been almost 3 month since i have done the laser treatment and i have to say a lot of the beard hairs did come back. they aren't that thick like they used to be but i guess they need time to regrow...i think they have almost been put into vellus hairs again when i was 18 or 19. i have no idea why...but a lot of them get darker and thicker again.

                        the doctor said he's to 99.9 % sure that in about 4 month my beard will be the same like before. I'll see....

                        but i was really shocked after the treatment that my beard hairs were almost gone and thought allright the beard is history....at the moment i think the doctor is right. i see improvement while the time goes by.
                        Legit man! Glad the hair kinda came back. How was the IPL effect on your rosacea? Redness and stinging better?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Boomtown405 View Post
                          Legit man! Glad the hair kinda came back. How was the IPL effect on your rosacea? Redness and stinging better?
                          it actually helped a lot for those little broken capillaries but i think it didn't help a lot for the diffuse reddness ( maybe just a bit ). i have to say i only had 2 ipl treatments so far...what i've heard you need a couple of treatments till u see the diffuse redness to clear up. i might do another treatment after summer time...it's a bit a pain in the as when u have to stay out of the sun for several weeks i'll see how my skin looks after summertime.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi, I am dealing with exactly the same problem as you did. I am curious, did all of your beard grew back like the doc told you?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X