Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going for Cutera Excel V next week.. advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for Cutera Excel V next week.. advice?

Ok... so after my absolutely disastrous go with Veingoh (I got scars on my nose) I am back to lasers, and the Excel V seems to be the new gold standard...

I have red patches / veins on my nose left over from when I used to flush really bad (flushing stopped by ipl and Rosex cream) and am starting to get pustules on my nose again.

I am booked in for the treatment with Dr V Dondos at Medicetics in London next week Tuesday.

Does anyone who has had excel v before have any advice in regard to pre / post laser care?

Many thanks.

Had it and I am pleased of the result. For me it was more painful than IPL and I was really swollen for few days later.
    Nothing scary though
    I had treatment for my cheeks and nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Forsberg View Post
      Had it and I am pleased of the result. For me it was more painful than IPL and I was really swollen for few days later.
      Nothing scary though
      I had treatment for my cheeks and nose.
      Many thanks, how did you prep your skin before and what did you use for aftercare?

Comment

Originally posted by CONTACTMC View Post
        Many thanks, how did you prep your skin before and what did you use for aftercare?
        Hi ContactMC,

I am also interested in Excel V. Please keep us posted on your results.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MissM View Post
          Hi ContactMC,

I am also interested in Excel V. Please keep us posted on your results.

M.
          Will do.... hope this works.

Comment

Nothing fancy. Of course it is obvious that skin cannot be sunkissed, you cannot take some kind of natural herbs and photosensitive drugs.
            Right after I was offered LED therapy for 20 minutes to prevent inflammation of the skin, this procedure is only optional though.
            For few days frozen bag of gel was my friend to help fight swollen face.

Comment

Originally posted by Forsberg View Post
              Nothing fancy. Of course it is obvious that skin cannot be sunkissed, you cannot take some kind of natural herbs and photosensitive drugs.
              Right after I was offered LED therapy for 20 minutes to prevent inflammation of the skin, this procedure is only optional though.
              For few days frozen bag of gel was my friend to help fight swollen face.
              Did you have broken red veins as well as background redness?

Ipl has fixed my flushing pretty much...i just have patches of ruddyness / red veins that the ipl just could not seem to clear.

Comment

Did you have broken red veins as well as background redness?

Ipl has fixed my flushing pretty much...i just have patches of ruddyness / red veins that the ipl just could not seem to clear.
                Almost background redness only as flushing has been killed by IPL so it wasn't a problem anymore.

Comment

Has the first treatment today.

Seems to have gone well, it was a very comfortable treatment, the cooled tip really does work.

I had just the ktp laser today to target telangiectasia on and next to my nose, hard to tell as my nose is a bit red after the treatment, but they seem to be gone for now (hope they stay gone).

I only have one laser bruise next to my nose, all other places I was zapped seem fine.

Will keep you updated as to my progress.

If this works I intend to go back and have the laser genesis all over to even out my skin tone a bit more and hopefully fill in some shallow scars created when I tried the god awful Veingogh (that thing should be banned).

Comment

Forgot to add Dr Dondos was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into and the possible outcomes, she used a special headset with polarised light so she could see the vessels clearly.

Afterward she applied betnovate cream and sunscreen and gave me some vitamin k cream to apply at home.

Very nice lady and very professional.

Comment

Forgot to add Dr Dondos was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into and the possible outcomes, she used a special headset with polarised light so she could see the vessels clearly.

Afterward she applied betnovate cream and sunscreen and gave me some vitamin k cream to apply at home.

Very nice lady and very professional.
                      That is so great to hear! I hope you heal up quickly. If you don't mind sharing, what did she say about the possible outcomes?

Thanks!

Comment

Well....she said it may...or may not work, possibly blisters or burns (but very unlikely as she knows what she is doing) and that I would possibly bruise in places.
                        She also said they (the veins) may disappear and then return soon and need zapping a second time.
                        She made me promise to call her straight away if I get anything other than bruising (like a blister etc) so that she could treat it straight away to avoid a mark on the skin.
                        Like I said she was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into before going ahead with the treatment.
                        That being said she was very confident of a good outcome and seemed very pleased with how my skin responded ... so hoping for the best!

Wish me luck peeps!

Comment

Well....she said it may...or may not work, possibly blisters or burns (but very unlikely as she knows what she is doing) and that I would possibly bruise in places.
                          She also said they (the veins) may disappear and then return soon and need zapping a second time.
                          She made me promise to call her straight away if I get anything other than bruising (like a blister etc) so that she could treat it straight away to avoid a mark on the skin.
                          Like I said she was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into before going ahead with the treatment.
                          That being said she was very confident of a good outcome and seemed very pleased with how my skin responded ... so hoping for the best!

Wish me luck peeps!
                          Thank you, ContactMC!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Wish me luck peeps!
                            Good luck ! Hope you don't get any nasty side effects!

Was wondering why she chose excel v for you rather than vbeam? Have you ever had vbeam before?

Comment

She said they had done a trial of the vbeam perfecta for a few years but found the Excel V to be better...i have to agree....i did a test patch of the vbeam beginning of the year and it hurt real bad, and the veins came back a few hours after I got home, the Excel V hardly hurt at all....the contact cooling is far superior to the cryogen spray the perfecta uses imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X