Second V Beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second V Beam

Just had my second V Beam Perfecta(non bruising) this morning. In talking to the doc, he noticed a decrease in redness. I had mentioned that I had seen a 35 -40% decrease and he agreed. I had gotten the first V Beam (two months ago) while rebounding from Mirvaso, which was a nightmare. I was very very red after the first treatment. This time much better. He was able to increase the laser strength this time. (I don't know the settings) It hurt much more this time than the first time for some reason. But I feel much better than last time. Three plus hours after treatment and the redness has really gone down and I'm just dimpled and puffy. I have not used ice as of yet as I don't feel any pain or discomfort. The nurse did cover my whole face with Aquaphor.

Overall - I'm very happy with the treatments - I see a difference and more importantly feel a difference!

Matty

Glad you saw a difference.

Wish you knew the settings

Comment

I will make it a point to find out next time. I'm gonna do a total of three treatments to start off. The Doc said first treatment would yield a 30-40% decrease in redness and this time I should see a 60-70% decrease. I've seen the progress. Last treatment I was dealing with the rebounding from Mirvosa and this time not having that has me feeling much better and it's looking like a better recovery, fingers crossed.

9 hours post treatment and more dimpling/swelling than redness.

Comment

Awesome to hear, Matty. I go in for my second V-beam (Perfecta) tomorrow. Like you, I have also noticed positive results following my first treatment. I'm hoping for no/minimal bruising tomorrow.

Keep us posted on your progress

Comment

Cool to hear. Just could you add more information about you : mild /moderate / severe erythma, P&P or not...
          After how much time you see the results?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by FaceRouge View Post
            Cool to hear. Just could you add more information about you : mild /moderate / severe erythma, P&P or not...
            After how much time you see the results?

Thanks in advance.
            Thanks all. I would say that I had mild permanent redness and an overall ruddy complexion. With stress I would flush. It got worse right after Superstorm Sandy. My wife and 1.5yo were in the house when we were flooded with over 12ft of water in the basement and punishing winds that came close to blowing the roof off. Luckily after a very long night we saw daylight. The next couple of months being without a home while we repaired and dealing with the government and insurance and the cold that settled in did a number to my face. Unfortunately, the doctor prescribed steroids which I didn't know could end up causing more harm than good in the long term. Although, it did help immediately with my face that was punished by working outside in the raw cold following the storm, often times 12-14 hours at a time with no place to warm up. So it was pretty bad. I never had pimples or anything like that. Just redness. And it hurt. That was the major decider for my decision to go with V beam.

A year later I switched doctors. She was concerned and put me on Doxy and metrogel/metrocream and suggested VBeam. A couple of months later she prescribed me Mirvaso. I switched docs again because her other office had the Vbeam and was too far away. The new doc had it in his office and was recommended. The Mirvaso wrecked my face. I'd never seen it that red before. It was alarming. Then I got my Vbeam.

I would say I saw results the first time in about a month. I had bouts of minor flushing but would recover so much more quickly. At times my skin would look very normal and almost neutral toned. My skin also felt better and was much tighter (in a good way).

This morning my swelling is down and the redness level is the best I've seen it. I can still see the effects of the Vbeam but they are very quickly dissipating. I am very happy that I'm seeing this much progress so soon. Hopefully its not too good to be true. But I know it will be nothing like the Mirvaso.

So, as I write this I'm getting ready to go on vacation with my family and friends. My wife said I look very back to normal this morning save for the slight puffiness. A good day!

Josef - good luck with the 2nd treatment today and thanks to all for the positive feedback.

Comment

Thanks very much for sharing Matty, glad you're getting results, that must feel pretty good!
              Your post has made me feel more positive about getting my first ever VBeam tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by fed_up View Post
                Thanks very much for sharing Matty, glad you're getting results, that must feel pretty good!
                Your post has made me feel more positive about getting my first ever VBeam tomorrow.
                My pleasure. There is hope. Good luck!

Comment

Cheers mate

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I just shaved tonight in preparation for tomorrows V-beam and took a photo. Then I compared it with a photo of when I shaved before my first V-beam.

Pretty happy with the reduction in redness!

Before First and Second V-beams.jpg

Left = Before First V-beam (26/02/2014)
                  Right = Before Second V-beam (17/04/2014)

Comment

So how'd it go? I hope you're recovering well.

Comment

Originally posted by Josef61 View Post
                      Cheers mate

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I just shaved tonight in preparation for tomorrows V-beam and took a photo. Then I compared it with a photo of when I shaved before my first V-beam.

Pretty happy with the reduction in redness!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2370[/ATTACH]

Left = Before First V-beam (26/02/2014)
                      Right = Before Second V-beam (17/04/2014)
                      Looks great. I'm seeing like results. Are you gonna do a third?

Comment

I am booked in for a third at the end of May. I'm not sure whether or not to be concerned about my second V-beam though. The doctor told me that she only raised the settings by half a joule.
                        If anything it was less painful than the first time, and I was less red afterwards (but still pretty swollen). My face still felt very warm afterwards, like the first time.

I have some slight indentations this morning, but I think I'll be back to normal by tomorrow/Sunday.
                        I hope the settings weren't too low :/

Comment

Originally posted by Matty78 View Post
                          So how'd it go? I hope you're recovering well.
                          Hi Matty,

Well after my treatment my face was slightly redder than usual as expected, but within a few hours my skin looked and felt wonderfully calm, smooth, cool and un-flushy. I could really feel a difference in my skin and it stayed like that all evening. As you can imagine I was feeling very optimistic at that point! However, I wake up the next day to a pretty bad flare-up - an intense, angry patch of redness on one cheek. So that brought me back down to earth.

I still have this patch of redness 2 days later and it's slightly worrying, but I know it's way too early to panic so I'm trying to stay positive.

Comment

Hi Matty,

Well after my treatment my face was slightly redder than usual as expected, but within a few hours my skin looked and felt wonderfully calm, smooth, cool and un-flushy. I could really feel a difference in my skin and it stayed like that all evening. As you can imagine I was feeling very optimistic at that point! However, I wake up the next day to a pretty bad flare-up - an intense, angry patch of redness on one cheek. So that brought me back down to earth.

I still have this patch of redness 2 days later and it's slightly worrying, but I know it's way too early to panic so I'm trying to stay positive.
                            Sorry to hear that. I find that when the flare ups happen, and they do, they do not last as long and I get back to base faster. It's a rough road for sure. Hope you are feeling better.

Comment

Working...
                            X