Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Vbeam - is this normal?

Hello!

I have a question regarding post beam healing process. I had my first vbeam two days ago. I woke up the morning of the procedure quite flushed, and was pretty flushed right before the procedure since I was a bit anxious/nervous. I figured this was probably better, since the laser would have more redness to target. It wasn't too painful but definitely not pleasant, and I left there looking very very red and patchy. As directed by the doctor who performed my procedure I iced my face on and off throughout the day to reduce swelling.

The thing is, I find myself still pretty flushed looking and red, it's more patchy and on the areas hit by the beam. It's much better than it was, but I look a bit sunburnt to say the least. Is this normal? I know the healing process takes weeks, I'm due for my next treatment in a month. I'm just a little worried I made things worse

The doctor said that the beam wouldn't reduce flushing per se, but it would make flushed less intense and less painful. I know it's too soon to tell but any comforting words from people who have had similar experiences would be nice

Thank you!

Hi
    What you're experiencing is quite normal and you can expect increased flushing for up to 6 weeks post laser. There are good days and bad. Try to relax as much as you can. I recommend balmex at night or if you're not going out. It's soothing.
    Arlene

Comment

Originally posted by arb161 View Post
      Hi
      What you're experiencing is quite normal and you can expect increased flushing for up to 6 weeks post laser. There are good days and bad. Try to relax as much as you can. I recommend balmex at night or if you're not going out. It's soothing.
      Arlene
      Balmex? Interesting, I will look into it. Thanks!

Comment

Its basically zinc oxide. It's used for diaper rash so you can find it in the baby section of a supermarket or online

Comment

Arb, would zinc oxide be useful 3 months after IPL? My skin is still reactive and unpredictable.

Comment

I use it all the time. When i work out (at home of course) to decrease exercise flushing, and at night when body heat rises and I get flushy. Actually I'm currently using the Aveeno soothing relief diaper rash cream. So is my granddaughter! More organic, but harder t find. Buy it from Amazon

Comment

Do you have pictures of your skin before treatment? i'm curious cause i'm going for a V-beam treatment to soon.

Comment

Originally posted by antrax View Post
                Do you have pictures of your skin before treatment? i'm curious cause i'm going for a V-beam treatment to soon.
                I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not, but yes I do. They take a picture before each treatment to track progress. Like I said when I went in for the procedure I was much redder than usual, so it does not show my baseline skin tone. I can ask for a copy of the photos at my next treatment and post them if you'd like. I know it's nice to see some real before and after photos so you can have reasonable expectations...

Comment

Originally posted by Aze View Post
                  I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not, but yes I do. They take a picture before each treatment to track progress. Like I said when I went in for the procedure I was much redder than usual, so it does not show my baseline skin tone. I can ask for a copy of the photos at my next treatment and post them if you'd like. I know it's nice to see some real before and after photos so you can have reasonable expectations...
                  Yes that was directed to you ;)

I would really appreciate if you upload before and after photos!

Comment

Working...
                  X