Can V-beam CAUSE permanent redness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya lilbitworried and Statham
    The best course of action if you are extremely stressed about healing so far, would be to politely insist that your Derm gives you 5mins of their time for a very quick checkup, and for piece of mind. There is no point making yourself sick with worry; i'm sure they get lots of questions and concerns from many patients post purpuric laser treatment. Given you are both only nearing or at the half way healing mark it is likely things will improve over the next month... but you need to give it time. Let us know what the Derm says...
    Shantelle
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Comment

Hey Shantelle,

thanks for you advice. My downtime was Going
      very well in The first 2 weeks. Now i have got à
      continue flushing on my both cheeks and THE are
      feelin warm. It is if i went to The gym. This red color is it now

Its strange. What do you think.

Kind regards.

Jip

Comment

Hi there Jip

There have been others on this forum who have mentioned increased flushing/hypersensitivity during the 8 week healing process. That effect should definetly lessen over time, as it did for the people who experienced that hypersensitvity period. You could search under the laser section for information on others experiences during the healing process.

I hope that the Derm can see you and give reassurance asap.

Best wishes, Shantelle
        Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Comment

Hey Shantelle,

I really really appreciate your responses here (you too Statham). I have been very depressed this week because of what is happening. It's important to note, I don't have roscacea, but red marks, which were caused nearly two years ago when I had two prominent beauty marks removed from my face. I know it sounds trivial, but the marks are quite big, front and center on the left cheek, so they have taken a huge toll on my life. I'm pretty sure i have BDD.

Anyways, I've had 2 v-beams, but usually everything resolved within 2 weeks and a few days. Like I said, the marks were bruised, fading, and everything was fine, but then an area in the larger red mark stopped fading. Overall now, the mark looks much worse, the area is significantly darker, like a red/brown. I spoke to my derm, and he said he can't identify why it's is taking longer, but to try not to be too worried about it. This is tough to do though when you fear you've made things worse and see no improvement in the last week or so.

The area was however, slightly scabbed if I remember correctly. Could this mean the laser was even more intense in that area and should take longer to heal? I'm so worried. Can v-beam always improve redness even if the redness was caused b v-beam? How could it instill redness permanently, I don't get it. I'm sorry for the million questions Shantelle, you just seem to know your stuff.

Comment

Some improvement LBW?

Comment

Not really, like I said some it it is fading but the rest remains even worse than before treatment and overall makes the mark look worse. I really regret doing this.

I don't blame myself for wanting and going through with the treatment, it all made sense, I had 2 prior with only positive results, I'm just angry that this is turning out as the outcome.

I have another follow up in 5-6 weeks with my derm. I wonder, if another maybe gentler v-beam would be able to fight off this redness or it it would make things worse.

Comment

This is so stupid

This is so stupid...

I don't mean to aggravate anyone here, I'm just so mad at my skin/v-beam. Here I go, getting a third treatment, thinking it well help and at the very worst not do anything, and it actually puts more redness in. The irony is too much to bear, here I go to get something to take away redness, and it puts more in.

Now to rant about the skin, it was all fading fine. Why? WHY?! Why the hell did this one area just have to stop fading and look worse? I could have been happy I got the damn thing, and now I'm kicking myself for doing it. I could of been near free and now I don't know what I'll do... this is just so stupid it really pisses me off...

Comment

Originally posted by shantelle View Post
                  Hi there

With the Vbeam you cannot expect to see quick results.... especially with the purpuric treatment. In saying that, I had non-purpuric treatment about 5.5wks ago and at this stage, on some days I am still getting a few random little pink patches that come and go during the course of the day. Also, my texture is a little different, and I have experienced some dryness/peeling which is unheard of for me because my skin is natrually combo/oily. I know it is nothing to worry about, it is all part of the healing process. Also take into consideration that some people heal fast and some heal slow. I have always been a slow healer so I knew to expect it before undergoing treatment.

I think being only 3 weeks into healing it is too early to make a judgement on your skin. My Derm said give it at least 8 weeks before making a judgement... possible even 12 weeks if you are a slow healer. And remember, I had the non-purpuric treatment which doesn't cause bruising and I experienced only a few hours downtime with no swelling... so technically your final results may take that long or longer to show as well.

Best, Shantelle

Hi it's been 12 weeks and I'm still red. Are you saying I should wait even longer for it to heel?

Thanks

Comment

I've read this entire thread, and LBW was complaining about still being red where the laser hit three weeks post-treatment.

Three weeks is nothing.

Three months is more realistic.

I'm past three months, and my face is red still, and I had a full face treatment on one side and the cheek area on the other side.

I'm still dealing with these marks and I honestly cannot decide if they are healing (as in fading from pink to a normal colour) or if it's wishful thinking.

This, by the way, is my also my third treatment. I did a keyword search on these forums to see if anyone else experienced this.

I'v been using LLLT for the last week daily, to see if it helps. As I say, I cannot be certain if I'm improving, but I can say for certain I'm much better now than I was a month ago.

About eight weeks post threatment, a moisturizer burned my face, and when it settled down, I looked worse.

The last few nights I've been checking my skin carefully and it looks like the pinkness is changing slowly from solid faint pink (where the laser hit) to a more mottled effect with pale, normal skin showing in its place.

If I hadto put a number on it, at this rate, I'd say it's going to be another three months to see a full resolution. There's no hyperpigmentation by the way: no PIH, just PIE.
                    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

Originally posted by darren1 View Post
                      I've read this entire thread, and LBW was complaining about still being red where the laser hit three weeks post-treatment.

Three weeks is nothing.

Three months is more realistic.

I'm past three months, and my face is red still, and I had a full face treatment on one side and the cheek area on the other side.

I'm still dealing with these marks and I honestly cannot decide if they are healing (as in fading from pink to a normal colour) or if it's wishful thinking.

This, by the way, is my also my third treatment. I did a keyword search on these forums to see if anyone else experienced this.

I'v been using LLLT for the last week daily, to see if it helps. As I say, I cannot be certain if I'm improving, but I can say for certain I'm much better now than I was a month ago.

About eight weeks post threatment, a moisturizer burned my face, and when it settled down, I looked worse.

The last few nights I've been checking my skin carefully and it looks like the pinkness is changing slowly from solid faint pink (where the laser hit) to a more mottled effect with pale, normal skin showing in its place.

If I hadto put a number on it, at this rate, I'd say it's going to be another three months to see a full resolution. There's no hyperpigmentation by the way: no PIH, just PIE.
                      The problem with Vbeam, more common than actual burns, is that it can encourage the growth of new visible veins, which can be both unsightly and potentially increase the flushing problem in rosacea. The thing that can ameliorate this redness and extra visible veins is medications - moxonodine, mirtazapine, hydroxychloroquine, gabapentin, botox etc. But then the best thing is to try these medications before laser and then people won't experience the extra problems of laser/IPL on top of their rosacea. In my experience, the organic redness of rosacea is much easier to treat than the extra redness caused by lasers or IPL. Yes, medications also come with side effects, but they do not usually do the damage to your appearance that laser and IPL can do - which presumably people with rosacea are very sensitive about should they decide to go ahead with laser/IPL. The chances of laser/IPL causing further damage to your appearance if you have rosacea are quite high - just read through the many experiences of people on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
                        The problem with Vbeam, more common than actual burns, is that it can encourage the growth of new visible veins, which can be both unsightly and potentially increase the flushing problem in rosacea. The thing that can ameliorate this redness and extra visible veins is medications - moxonodine, mirtazapine, hydroxychloroquine, gabapentin, botox etc. But then the best thing is to try these medications before laser and then people won't experience the extra problems of laser/IPL on top of their rosacea. In my experience, the organic redness of rosacea is much easier to treat than the extra redness caused by lasers or IPL. Yes, medications also come with side effects, but they do not usually do the damage to your appearance that laser and IPL can do - which presumably people with rosacea are very sensitive about should they decide to go ahead with laser/IPL. The chances of laser/IPL causing further damage to your appearance if you have rosacea are quite high - just read through the many experiences of people on this forum.
                        I've already been on the medication, and I'm still on them.

Also, I'm having Vbeam for lots of PIE caused my a topical medication - Mirvaso.

The Vbeam has been successful thus far which is why I went for a third treatment. It is taking extra long to heal.

You seem quite negative about the whole idea but then I know it didn't work out for you.
                        I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

Originally posted by darren1 View Post
                          I've already been on the medication, and I'm still on them.

Also, I'm having Vbeam for lots of PIE caused my a topical medication - Mirvaso.

The Vbeam has been successful thus far which is why I went for a third treatment. It is taking extra long to heal.

You seem quite negative about the whole idea but then I know it didn't work out for you.
                          Hi Darren, I think you have hit the nail on the head in what you said that the more times you have laser the more you are pushing your luck in the other thread. A lot of people who have had bad experiences with laser had it on their, third, fourth or even tenth experience - especially if they have laser or IPL with an experienced doctor. If I was you I would not have any more given your bad experience this time.

Comment

Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
                            Hi Darren, I think you have hit the nail on the head in what you said that the more times you have laser the more you are pushing your luck in the other thread. A lot of people who have had bad experiences with laser had it on their, third, fourth or even tenth experience - especially if they have laser or IPL with an experienced doctor. If I was you I would not have any more given your bad experience this time.
                            I'm not going to be having any more laser. I do not want to push my luck. From the very beginning I was extremely suspicious about the whole idea, and I'm well aware of angiogensis. The derm who does my treatment is nonchalant about it and I've been critical to him directly because he is head of dermatology at the place that issued me with Mirvaso.

I went into this with my eyes open. I had test patches (they worked) and then full face treatments. If I WERE to have one more treatment, it would be sub-purpuric all over.

Comment

It's almost a year from the Vbeam in 2019, and I still haven't healed. There are marks everywhere and the face is still red. It is redder than before I had the treatment.

2 days ago, I had a full face Cutera Excel V (532nm) to try to clear up some of the marks. So far, I look no different. I'm sure I was given pretty low settings.

I believe it would have been better if I'd be flushed beforehand, like when I had my test patch. That was somewhat effective but the actual treatment was not.

Don't think I would dare risk it with another Vbeam though.

Comment

Maybe it would have been better to have just one area treated at a time.
                                It's crazy to think that we're paying people to make our conditions worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X