Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have stage 2 rosacea - Which laser treatment is better, AFT or Perfecta (V beam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have stage 2 rosacea - Which laser treatment is better, AFT or Perfecta (V beam)

Hello,
    I have stage 2/ level 2 rosacea acne and have been fighting it for 2 yrs with topical creams to no avail. I am breaking down and getting a laser treatment but I do not know which laser treatment to get? Can anyone tell me if there are studies that have been done laser treatments on rosacea??? I have not found anything on the internet ina medical journal or anything...

Thank you!

Heya

It could be a better solution to look into Oracea or low dose Doxycycline combined with Probiotics to get the Acne Rosacea under control. Another alternative is low-dose (e.g. 10mg day) or ultra-low dose (e.g. 20mg or 10mg per week) isotretinoin/Accutane if your case warrants it, and you go into treatment knowing the potential risks.

I don't think laser will give longterm results, though I know vbeam helps with any left-over scarring.

Best, Shantelle
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Comment

I think you may be on the right track suggesting the perfecta. If you have pale skin and an educated doctor the risks are ver minimal. The results really show when you pass the purpura threshold but that requires considerable downtime. Doxycycline and minocycline(anti-inflammatory) are both a good first step toward reducing any ance component, but do zilch for full blown rosacea.

Comment

Working...
      X