IPL Burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL Burn?

Hello there! I'm just going to dive straight into what's going on.

On May 14th I had my 3rd IPL treatment for a patch of broken capillaries on my face (area just a bit to the side of my nose). When I got home and looked in my mirror the first thing I had noticed that an area that did not used to be red was now quited red. On May 15th I woke up to a small white bump on the area of new redness. After a shower the white bump had disappeared, but the redness remained. Today, the area is still red (perhaps slightly less) and there is a very small dark area which is rough in texture (a scab?) where the white bump used to be.

What I would like to know is: Is this a burn? What should I do to treat it? Will the redness go away?

Additionally I would like to state that since I have undergone treatment I have been putting polysporin (antibiotic ointment) on the area. Also, I will be contacting my esthetician tomorrow.

I am not sure if it is a burn. Could you post a photo of that area? It didnt blister? It could be perhaps to do with the angle of the head if it was in a hard to reach place maybe. You are doing the right thing contacting the person that did it.

When I had IPL i had a seb derm flair brought on by the IPL treatment. This resulted in a 2 bright red, rough patchy areas that ran down either side of my nose/mouth. If you want to dig out my photo thread you will see what I mean.

Comment

Here are some photos, unfortunately my camera is of rather poor quality

Note that only the red circle around the black scaly patch of skin is relative to my current concern, and I know it may be hard to differentiate (near impossible) the newly acquired red area from the already existing one.

Comment

I was washing my face before bed very gently and the black patch came off, the area that it revealed is more red than the surrounding area. Here are some new pics.

Comment

Am afraid that I cant really see from the photos, perhaps try to hold the camera further away and dont blow up the pics quite so big.

Having said that if a patch fell off and it is red underneath then it sounds like a blister. Under blisters you get new skin and this can look very red when it first appears. If it is this then just be very careful not to rub it and leave it alone to heal by itself. It will stop being so red in a few days. This is only a guess though, you might want to go see your doc if you are still worried.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginbuns View Post
            I was washing my face before bed very gently and the black patch came off, the area that it revealed is more red than the surrounding area. Here are some new pics.

wow worlds worst camera!

Comment

Working...
            X