IPL resistant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL resistant...

I used to be a firm supporter of IPL and for several years had regular treatments with great results and no adverse side affects/effects?? whatsoever.

However after one particular treatment I found it made my flushing much worse and did not help at all. I had a couple more, hoping it was just a hiccup, but it just got worse and worse, so I stopped.

I then tried treatment with the gemini yag, as I heard it was good for flushing. Thankfully I found this treatment very good, with no side effects. Although I'm still baffled why I should suddenly have a bad reaction to IPL.

Anyone else has a similar experience?

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
    I used to be a firm supporter of IPL and for several years had regular treatments with great results and no adverse side affects/effects?? whatsoever.

However after one particular treatment I found it made my flushing much worse and did not help at all. I had a couple more, hoping it was just a hiccup, but it just got worse and worse, so I stopped.

I then tried treatment with the gemini yag, as I heard it was good for flushing. Thankfully I found this treatment very good, with no side effects. Although I'm still baffled why I should suddenly have a bad reaction to IPL.

Yes, I had virtually the same experience.
    IPL worked wonders for me intially and put my very bad rosacea into complete remission.
    After that I had regular maintenance treatments, but in my case I had too many. The doctor kept treating my P&P outbreaks, which was the wrong thing to do. I didn't have any redness, nor flushing at the time. Turned out I had a secondary bacterial infection.
    All those unnecessary IPL's made me resistant.
    Then, when I developed severe rosacea due to using topical retinyl palmitate, IPL only served to really irritate my skin and push me further into a very inflamed, swollen state.
    Also, I developed huge welts and when they subsided they took fat with them.

I have learned that when the face is very inflamed it is probably best to reduce that via drugs before treating with IPL. This doesn't always work though.

At one point, I had one treatment with a different IPL machine and responded better. I was told this is not uncommon.

It is good you have found another modality of treatment which is of benefit to you.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistica View Post
      Yes, I had virtually the same experience.
      IPL worked wonders for me intially and put my very bad rosacea into complete remission.
      After that I had regular maintenance treatments, but in my case I had too many. The doctor kept treating my P&P outbreaks, which was the wrong thing to do. I didn't have any redness, nor flushing at the time. Turned out I had a secondary bacterial infection.
      All those unnecessary IPL's made me resistant.
      Then, when I developed severe rosacea due to using topical retinyl palmitate, IPL only served to really irritate my skin and push me further into a very inflamed, swollen state.
      Also, I developed huge welts and when they subsided they took fat with them.

I have learned that when the face is very inflamed it is probably best to reduce that via drugs before treating with IPL. This doesn't always work though.

At one point, I had one treatment with a different IPL machine and responded better. I was told this is not uncommon.

It is good you have found another modality of treatment which is of benefit to you.
      Jenny so u received your fat loss after the retinyl palmitate,Trying to treat your sever rosacea with ipl??

How many treatments of ipl have you tried since the sever out break??

I must have misunderstood u i thought the damage was created before the rp outbreak,

I also received huge welts in my first treatments(settings are just to hot)

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post

Some times when ipl doesn't work its good to get rejuvenation from either v beam /yag etc,Then go back to ipl for good results,

People need to understand that there are so many different settings/variables with ipl that sometimes it just doesn't work/Once again it does help to leave your face for a year or two then go back to ipl and get rejuvination,

Ipl destorys blood vessells, the rejuvination process will always take place,Its just if its a better reult or a worse result,It does also depend on the machine and the practicinor,Ipl is no wonder cure.

Comment

Jenny so u received your fat loss after the retinyl palmitate,Trying to treat your severe rosacea with ipl??

How many treatments of ipl have you tried since the severe out break??

I must have misunderstood u i thought the damage was created before the rp outbreak,

I also received huge welts in my first treatments(settings are just to hot
          Actually, I received some damage prior to developing severe rosacea. On my left cheek. Crinkly skin with etch type lines. This was due to having a touch up treatment six days after a full face. I didn't go to the clinic for treatment. I went to show the doc my numerous outbreaks, hoping for a different antibiotic. He wouldn't even think about my suggestion and wanted to zap them. I didn't want him too, but suddenly I felt overpowered and was laying on the treatment bed before I knew it. All cognitive thought sailed out the window. Not only shouldn't I have been treated, the energies should have been much lower.
          Lord knows what possessed me to feel I had to comply as I am usually very outspoken.
          I paid the price for stupidity. Dearly.
          That large area partially healed with S&S use. Fat loss is permanent though, as you know.

I can't remember off hand how many treatments I tried after developing severe rosacea. That part of my life is one huge blur of hell now. IT was enough to determine it wasn't working anyway. I do recall my lumenis one treatment in May 2008. Pity the operator left.
          Previous Numerous IPL.
          Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
          Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
          Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
          Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

This same thing happened to me several years ago. I had 10 or so IPL's and the first five worked, but after that there was no improvement. Actually, I developed hyperpigmentation on the left side of my face from all of the treatments.

Right now I am trying Vbeam with little success.

Comment

Working...
            X