Best Laser for Redness / Flushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Laser for Redness / Flushing?

This forum is great, but can be a little overwhelming at times because of the sheer volume of information available. What is the best laser for treating redness (face, neck and ears) and flushing (persistent low grade flushing)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You know how your face has discoloration from the rest of your body? Like a permanent red or pink color?

Which laser is best for that?

Comment

This Q and A will answer your questions.

http://rosaceagroup.org/QandA/Dr_Pet..._Interview.php

Q. What treatment would you recommend for occasional flushing/blushing?
      I treat occasional flushing/blushing with alternating Intense Pulsed Light and Nd:YAG Laser. The theory behind this approach is that the IPL treats the blushing and the Nd:YAG tackles flushing. Every patient is unique however and advice should always be sought from an experienced laser physician who has had the opportunity to take a full history from and examine the patient before recommending treatment.
      Q. What treatment would you recommend for permanent redness?
      I would personally recommend Intense Pulsed Light using an in-house developed blend of three wavelength ranges of intense pulsed light combined with a medication called clarithromycin ~ provided that the patient has skin that is suitable for IPL treatments (and can take Clarithromycin). (For more information about the T.R.I.P.L.C. protocol, see http://www.triplc.info). Patch testing is often advisable/ and for some skin types it is essential. If a patient does not respond to patch testing (or is resistant to increasing doses of Intense Pulsed Light treatments) then I would recommend a trial of treatment with the 585/595nm Pulse Dye Laser (e.g. Nlite / Photogenica V Star / Candela VBeam etc.). It may not be absolutely necessary to cause bruising (purpura) to obtain clearance (see answer to another question below). I find that the results with the pulse dye laser may be less even i.e. less smoothed out when using the laser compared to an Intense Pulsed Light machine. The KTP laser (532nm) can be used for very diffuse redness but you have to use extreme caution with certain skin types as this wavelength can permanently destroy skin pigment. Every patient is unique however and advice should always be sought from an experienced laser physician who has had the opportunity to take a full history from and examine the patient before recommending treatment.

Comment

I recommend the vbeam Perfecta laser for redness and flushing. It works great, is reasonably priced, and the treatments can be done in about 20 minutes without gel.

Meg

Comment

Laser

I'm having v beam perfecta at the moment for redness and flushing. I had my second of 4 treatments nearly 2 weeks a go. Haven't noticed any major improvements maybe slightly less colour. I still get alot of colour in my face when I go outside in the cold or walk really quickly and still flush if I walk in a warm room and hang around. Anxiety definitely makes it worse though. My derm is increasing the setting everytime I go. Haven't bruised or anything just swelling and redness for two days then it goes away. The Yag laser seems the best for flushing I might consider that in the future. Also thinking of going on Remeron helps anxiety, depression, insomnia and flushing for many.

Comment

Working...
          X