Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Identify the Root Cause of my P&P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel, I am thrilled you are roascea free and enjoying life! You must feel so happy and free now.

I sent you a PM yesterday. Just thought I would mention it here, as I know you forget to check your messages!
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

Good luck with the trial Mistica

Comment

application--how often?

Originally posted by rachzon View Post
        Hi Melissa,

I have spoken to the Derm that was running the trial and asked him all the questions that you just did. He is unable to give me the topical dose I only know that it is a 1% preparation, there is a patent on the product. I also asked him about taking it orally, I work as a nurse so I wondered why you couldn't just take an oral dose and be done with it. He believes that taking it orally dilutes the Ivermectin and it doesn't work on the surface of the skin which is where the mites are. From what I have read here and on other forums no one has had a positive experience with oral Ivermectin.

I read on another post that Mistica has had a preparation made up by a Pharmacist using Ivermectin. It would be really interesting if there were others in Australia who suffered from the P&P's that could get some of that preparation. Like I said the results almost happened overnight.

The topical preparation is really soothing, I do not use another moisturiser. Prior to this my skin was extreemly sensitive, I could only tolerate Cetaphil as a cleaner and Dr Hauskcha products to moisturise. I would love to know what they use as a base as it would make a wonderful moisturiser on it's own.
        Did you apply the cream all over your face, or just your "trouble" spots? And how often, just at night or daytime too?

This is very interesting! I am having a bad, bad flare and have an appointment next week with my derm. I'm going to bring this up. Thank you!
        Cathy (Subtype II)

Comment

How often, please

Um....hello?

My derm is checking to see if this can be compounded for me here in the states, but I would like to know how often you applied and all over or spot-treat?

Thanks!
          Cathy (Subtype II)

Comment

Hi Cathy
            Sorry no one has answered your question yet.
            I think it is overall application but cannot find the answer to application frequency.
            I am sure either Mistica or Rachzon or someone who knows will answer your question now that this thread has been bumped up again.

Best wishes,
            Melissa

Comment

I only use it at night just before I went to bed. I washed my face and then applied the cream with nothing else.
              I used it all over.
              I have stopped the cream now for 2 weeks. I have one papule which has been persistent and red. I was in the garden yesterday and it was quite hot and I could feel only that spot burning.
              It is peeling today. Never mind, hopefully I can go back on the cream when it gets bad again. I am not looking forward to a life without it after the trial.

Comment

I found the root cause of my acne, which may be similar. I no longer have any pimples, which is awesome for my self confidence!

You can see the post I made on the topic at 'The Most Effective Treatments for Rosacea'

Comment

Originally posted by rachzon View Post
                  I only use it at night just before I went to bed. I washed my face and then applied the cream with nothing else.
                  I used it all over.
                  I have stopped the cream now for 2 weeks. I have one papule which has been persistent and red. I was in the garden yesterday and it was quite hot and I could feel only that spot burning.
                  It is peeling today. Never mind, hopefully I can go back on the cream when it gets bad again. I am not looking forward to a life without it after the trial.
                  You have one papule now, but how many did you have before you went on the cream? Even though you're off it do you find it's better than before you started it? I would think 2 weeks not using the cream would already go back to normal or if it helped solve the demodex mites by killing them off, then it would be okay?

Comment

fut can you check the link it doesn't work and I am interested in your discovery. Ta.

Comment

You have one papule now, but how many did you have before you went on the cream? Even though you're off it do you find it's better than before you started it? I would think 2 weeks not using the cream would already go back to normal or if it helped solve the demodex mites by killing them off, then it would be okay?
                      I had a face full. At least 20 on each cheek, and 20 on my forehead. My face was bright red, bumpy and peeling.
                      Without a doubt my face is 100% to when I started the trial. To look at know you would never say that I have suffered from Rosacea apart from some broken capillaries around my nose. I think it would take some time for the Demodex mites to repopulate. My husband probably has them as well but he doesn't react to them. He may be reinfecting me. If that is the case I'll have to treat him some how too.

Comment

Working...
                      X