Do you feel thirsty alot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you feel thirsty alot?

I was just wondering if this is a symptom shared by other roasaceans.

It seems like I always need to carrrry a bottle of water with me
    wherever I go. I was thinking maybe we aren't properly absorbing
    water and nutrients.

Has anyone done any pH testing of their skin?

Skin pH over 6.5, less acidic, causes two problems. First, the normal protective barrier breaks down and skin cells are pulled away from one another. The skin becomes irritated and susceptible to further damage by environmental irritants. Second, there is an increased risk of infection because the growth of bacteria and yeasts is no longer controlled by the normal acidity on the skin.2

I am thirsty at all times, but I don't know if that's caused by rosacea. I keep drinking almost non-stop during the day.

Comment

I wake up 3-4 times during the night to drink water and then wake up 2-3 times to pee.
      take care,

John

Comment

Originally posted by stevee View Post

water and nutrients.

Skin pH over 6.5, less acidic, causes two problems. First, the normal protective barrier breaks down and skin cells are pulled away from one another. The skin becomes irritated and susceptible to further damage by environmental irritants. Second, there is an increased risk of infection because the growth of bacteria and yeasts is no longer controlled by the normal acidity on the skin.2
        I do carry a bottle two, at all times. I'm constantly drinking water and having to pee for tha matter

Can we control the ph with topicals, some products say so
        31 year old male from Puerto Rico
        Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
        Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
        Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
        Metrogel 1%
        DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
        DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
        SOLODYN 65mg:
        Supplements
        Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
        Probiotic 60 Billion
        Zinc
        Selenium
        Dry Vitamin E
        Vitamin D

Comment

I carry water everywhere - more as a safety blanket than for thirst though. That is, if I feel a flush coming on, some water can often help cool me down and relax.

Still, I would say I am one of the more thirsty people I know

Comment

Me too. I've always drunk loads and loads of water, to the extent that my mother-in-law (a retired nurse) thought I might have diabetes when she first knew me! I don't though - have done the fasting blood glucose tests and I'm always fine, and don't think I have any diabetes risk factors. The thirst predated my rosacea by many years, and I doubt very much there's any connection there for me.

Kristina

Comment

I'm always thirsty as well and I drink a load of water everyday. Maybe I should get my ph levels tested, any idea where one goes to conduct these tests?

Comment

you should be able to just go to a pharmacy and buy some ph sticks if you want to test your urine.

Comment

hahaha! I'm just the same. I often feel to have a dry mouth. When I tell people I drink around 2.5 litres of water everyday they think I'm mad... but 2 litres is the recommendation isn't it?

Comment

thirsty

I am always thirsty, or have a dry mouth. My eyes are always dry too and sore, my skin is dry and sore.

I have had all the tests for other ailments, but they show up clear?

Comment

Originally posted by stevee View Post

water and nutrients.

Definately man. I drink TONS of water...It was also suspected that I was diabetic. I'll feel sick if i am not constantly drinking water, I've always felt so hot (burning up flares) since ive gotten the rosacea so its a way to cool down

Comment

Well, I'm just the opposite. I have to make it a point to drink water because I so rarely get thirsty. I can easily go all day without drinking a thing, although I'll get some liquids by having milk in my cereal, or eating a piece of fruit.

Comment

Working...
                        X