X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yvette View Post
    Hey fut,

How much do the colonics cost and how often do you get them? How long does it take and is it painful? Do you take any other vitamins or have a special diet? The colonics seem strange but intruiging, kind a bit personal, but hmmm.... if it works might be something to check out. It's awesome you're seeing results.

Thanks.

Yvette
    My colonic costs around 100 dollars a session. There are cheaper, but my colon therapist had the best reviews on the net. I'd like to give her a huge thumbs up as well. She's already supplied me her e-mail so I can keep her updated on some things she recommended me. I went my second time two weeks after the first, the third one 3 weeks after, and I will go to my next one a month after. I will probably maintain this around once a month.

The session is 1 hour. It's not painful, it's a little surprising when the tube first goes in (there are lots of nerves around that area). Please note that the tube goes into maybe an inch.

Intriguing to say the least...personal, yes - my colon therapist's make the process as comfortable as possible.

Melissa,

Cate certainly did look good! She had this aura about her, famous or not. I guess that's what contributes to her becoming so huge.

Comment

Originally posted by melissawohl View Post
      Yes Peter it is a good idea to see what has helped others and what has not remembering all the while we are all individuals reacting differently.
      BTW Please note this thread started back in January

Best wishes,
      Melissa
      Hello Melissa

Yes I know it did but I was commenting on this one which uses the same theme but is locked although it provides the link back to here:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...244#post189244

As you well know yourself it's not always possible to find the time to join all the threads when you are a contributor to both Forums, so I think it is useful to provide links cross referencing ones of the same or similar topics. Here is the success Forum from the RSC which started last year:

http://rosacea-support.org/community/viewforum.php?f=24

and another one from there which had good advice called "My Top 5 for 2007"

http://rosacea-support.org/community...php?f=24&t=286

When I get round to adding my story I'll provide a link back to here, as you can never have too many success stories and positive stuff with this condition - can you? By the way how is your RLT going?

Bye

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

That's true! I haven't enough hours in the day and find myself unable to keep up with everything.

My RLT is going well Peter as I think it is allowing me to extend the time between Perfecta txs. My new unit is making a difference for sure. Thanks to IowaDavid's instructions and Greg's determination to make this happen
        http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=15166

I hope you are doing well. Do you still do the RLT on a regular basis?

Best wishes,
        Melissa

PS I am very much looking forward to you sharing your story as I believe it will be an inspiration to many here!

Comment

Hi Peter,

I'm going to add links to a couple of the threads in the RSC into the success stories thread you refer to. Is this OK? From what I can interpret, this is what you were suggesting? I think its a fine idea.
          Last edited by TheMediumDog; 25 June 2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Hello MediumDog

Yes it would be great if you can do that because it gives more overall coverage to the success stories, plus it also enables people to identify what treatments appear to be the best ones for the particular type of rosacea they suffer from. I always think you can never have too much information on rosacea treatments especially when they focus on the ones that actually work.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by melissawohl View Post
              Hi Peter

That's true! I haven't enough hours in the day and find myself unable to keep up with everything.

My RLT is going well Peter as I think it is allowing me to extend the time between Perfecta txs. My new unit is making a difference for sure. Thanks to IowaDavid's instructions and Greg's determination to make this happen
              http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=15166

I hope you are doing well. Do you still do the RLT on a regular basis?

Best wishes,
              Melissa

PS I am very much looking forward to you sharing your story as I believe it will be an inspiration to many here!
              Hey Melissa

I thought the internet was supposed to make our lives easier?

That’s great news about your improvement because I know when you first started using RLT with your first lamp then it didn’t seem to help and you were a bit skeptical about this treatment. It does seems a long time but I’m sure after a year or so the improvement will be even better. Well done. David is a good guy and has helped many with his self build plans.

I’m fine thanks and I did put some pictures up on the RSC if you wanted to have a look. You might have to scroll around a bit but I am there somewhere.

http://rosacea-support.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=460&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=10

Yes I still use my lamp but I find I can get away with every other day or probably even once or twice a week now. When I go away on holiday I don’t bother and probably now I could stop using it and see what happens but as you know it prevents those wrinkles

My story is hardly an inspiration but I will contribute to Aurelia’s treatment thread on the RSC, so that those interested can see what helped me and maybe it can do the same for them.

Take care

Peter

Comment

does anyone kno how much Finacea costs?

Comment

Hi lifesnoteasy,
                  If you have insurance your copay (US) may range from $20 to $35 but without insurance I have no clue. You can call your pharmacist and they should be able to tell you exactly.

Hey Peter,
                  Great photos!
                  I only wish there were more photos of you in them but I loved the one you were in. Very handsome

Best wishes,
                  Melissa

PS On one hand the internet does make our lives easier but on the other hand it makes it much more complicated!

Comment

Purpuric Vbeam (stacked has faster results) has a success rate of over 95%. This is CLEARLY the best treatment for all forms of redness and flushing. IPL is most of the time a waste of time and dangerous as it will thin out your beard.

The next best treatment is LLLT.

Combine 5-6 purpuric Vbeams with LLLT after and you'll be virtually redness-free.

Comment

Hey Melissa

You brazen hussy Are all the NY women like this because if so I'm on my way

Actually you were supposed to be commenting on my skin but thanks for that.

The internet still amazes me especially when searching for information on a particular subject and I have to use it extensively in my job when comparing prices etc. If one day it disapeared we would all be lost and think how long everything would take again. Suppose the downside is that it can be addictive in all sorts of ways and unfortunately not everybody you come across are genuine.

Take care

Peter

Comment

Hey Peter,

Yes, we are.
                        So I guess I'll see you soon

Missy

PS yes, your skin looks good too

Comment

Hello Melissa

Maybe one day I'll manage to cross the Atlantic and take a look at NY

Been a bit busy of late but I just finally got round to posting my treatment comments on the RSC thread, so here is the link if it helps anybody?

http://rosacea-support.org/community...9&p=5256#p5256

Bye

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter!!

PS NY will be here when you are ready

Comment

This is a reply to lifesnoteasy:

I use Finacea, and it costs a little over 100 dollar without insurance. Not wonderful on the pocket book, but you don't have to use a generous amt of it on your face, and so the tube usually lasts me a few months. Hope this helps.
                              Dxd at age 21
                              Treating with Finacea
                              No antibiotics
                              Soon to do red LED therapy trial

Comment

Originally posted by fut View Post
                                I've been a sufferer for a quarter of my life. For every single thing that has worked for me, there were three others that did nothing or made it worse. I've learned the ins and outs, and it is now gone from the #1 priority in my life down to somewhere in the teens. 8) I've educated myself so much on this topic, I consider myself an expert. These have been the three most effective treatments for me.

Please post your most effective treatments (and for what symptoms they treat) and we'll get a big list going!

For the chronic redness, burning, flushing and blushing:
                                Intense Pulsed Light - I got 3 sessions with the Vasculight IPL and it made a dramatic difference. My severe Rosacea became somewhat manageable. I'm sure the new lasers of today are just as good, if not better.
                                >>Educate yourself on Intense Pulsed Light

For the slight burning, flushing, and blushing
                                Red Light Therapy - Hours of total time under LLT put much of the palpable symptoms of Rosacea at bay.
                                >> Educate yourself on Red Light Therapy

For the remaining butterfly shaped light redness that never seems to go away since Rosacea first plagued me!
                                Melanotan - The final knockout punch to this disease. Cover redness, makes us pale folk look healthier, and cover any acne scars (big plus for me!)
                                >>Educate yourself on Melanotan

Do you still use the red light along with melanotan, or has the melanotan made it pointless to use it?

Comment

Working...
                                X