Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Rosacea Update (4 years in the making)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canada Dude
    Eric The Red, it will help you out a ton. It works well in a warm room or when eating.

Seb Derm does not get hot, rosacea does. Im very sure you haveboth Seb Derm and Rosacea, lots of people do, which includes me as well. It makes it harder to treat but can be done.
    damnit life sucks.. How do you treat yours (something that works for both seb and ros?) Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I LOVE Clonidine, it is a wonderful drug to reduce flushing and redness....VERY effective.

But it does have it's drawbacks. I get dry eyes and a dry mouth and throat, which makes it very difficult to eat certain foods which require a lot of saliva, dryer foods like meats, hamburgers, bread, etc. I literally have to take a drink of water to wash down every mouthful when on clonidine and i'm eating a "dry" food.

I also find that while on clonidine, i have quite an intolerance to even moderately cool rooms and weather. I REQUIRE it to be warm, even very warm for the clonidine to effectively reduce the redness and flushing. So in short, it works very well in summer. It actually makes my facial skin very sensitive to wind and cold.

Seems counterintuitive, but that's just how the drug works for me. Best results when warm. Poor when cold.

Comment

Just wondering if Clonidine was safe with alcohol or exercise?
        It must effect the heart somewhat so would it be safe with Alcohol or exercise?Alot of women use it for hot flashes I hear, but are they instructed to stay away from alcohol while on this?

Comment

Originally posted by ewist
          Originally posted by Canada Dude
          Eric The Red, it will help you out a ton. It works well in a warm room or when eating.

Seb Derm does not get hot, rosacea does. Im very sure you haveboth Seb Derm and Rosacea, lots of people do, which includes me as well. It makes it harder to treat but can be done.
          damnit life sucks.. How do you treat yours (something that works for both seb and ros?) Any advice would be greatly appreciated
          Both my conditions have improved over the last 4 years (Just take a look in the 4 year plan I did) there maybe other good treatments for seb derm I dont know about, just going by how I got mine better. The Accutane works best on attacking the rosacea and Seb Derm at the same time, as long as it is low does (10 mg's a day, or every other day)

Both of these conditions won't kill you, so in the big picture it is not that big of deal if what you think what soem other people have to go through. Stay positive, and results will come.

Comment

Originally posted by ERIC THE RED
            Just wondering if Clonidine was safe with alcohol or exercise?
            It must effect the heart somewhat so would it be safe with Alcohol or exercise?Alot of women use it for hot flashes I hear, but are they instructed to stay away from alcohol while on this?
            I exercise lots, but I don't take it before I workout becaues I don't want anythign to slow my workout down. Since it slows teh heart rate down, I don't want this to happen if im trying to burn cals and bump my heart rate up. If I do take it is later in the day.

As for alcohol, i'm not sure. I think you can take it, but I would not take much of it if I were drinking.

Comment

Working...
            X