Good probiotic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good probiotic?

Can anyone recommend a good probiotic that they have seen results with? I have been taking Bio Kult Advanced Multi-Strain for well over a year now but I haven't seen much difference in my skin even though the product has a lot of positive reviews. I'm convinced there is a gut link with rosacea so it would be great to be using a probiotic that is effective.

I have bought the expensive probiotic and the cheaper one and I don't see any difference. I think that eating yogurt is just as effective. My current one that tastes incredible and the best one I have ever found is Cabot Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Thanks Brady, unfortunately I can't eat dairy as it causes acne outbreaks which sucks as I love cheese and yogurt! I've tried Kefir but it seems to upset my stomach, maybe I wasn't making it correctly. I think you're right about the probiotics, there doesn't seem to be much difference, at least with any that I've tried. Maybe someone out there has found one that is effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Baboon View Post
        Thanks Brady, unfortunately I can't eat dairy as it causes acne outbreaks which sucks as I love cheese and yogurt! I've tried Kefir but it seems to upset my stomach, maybe I wasn't making it correctly. I think you're right about the probiotics, there doesn't seem to be much difference, at least with any that I've tried. Maybe someone out there has found one that is effective.

Besides Kefir there is Sauerkraut, Tempeh, Kimchi, Miso, Kombucha, Pickles, and Natto that all contain probiotics. I supposed the easy method is to simply purchase different probiotic brands till you find one that helps your gut. Have you read my post on GUT Rosacea?
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
          Besides Kefir there is Sauerkraut, Tempeh, Kimchi, Miso, Kombucha, Pickles, and Natto that all contain probiotics. I supposed the easy method is to simply purchase different probiotic brands till you find one that helps your gut. Have you read my post on GUT Rosacea?
          Thanks Brady! I've read that Sauerkraut is high in histamines which supposedly can aggravate rosacea, do you know if this is true? Excellent post on gut health you wrote. I was on long term antibiotics for acne which I believe totally messed up my system. Sugar too is another thing I think people underestimate, it's hidden in so many foods even ones which claim to be healthy. I try an eat pretty clean but it's so hard to completely avoid sugars.

Comment

Originally posted by Baboon View Post
            Thanks Brady! I've read that Sauerkraut is high in histamines which supposedly can aggravate rosacea, do you know if this is true? Excellent post on gut health you wrote. I was on long term antibiotics for acne which I believe totally messed up my system. Sugar too is another thing I think people underestimate, it's hidden in so many foods even ones which claim to be healthy. I try an eat pretty clean but it's so hard to completely avoid sugars.
            I don't eat Sauerkraut very often but I do with a hot dog and I don't have any issues with rosacea eating it. Don't recall anyone mentioning sauerkraut as a rosacea trigger, but then my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Even the NRS 'holy grail' trigger list doesn't mention sauerkraut. You may enjoy my post on Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach which are all listed on the 'holy grail' NRS trigger list. I too was on long term antibiotics for rosacea for probably ten or more years, taking high dose tetracycline which what was used in the eighties when I was first diagnosed with rosacea in 1985. I finally got off of antibiotics and only taken them occasionally if need for something. Then from August 25, 2020 through Feb 8, 2021 which was a total of 167 days I took 20 mg of doxycycline twice a day on the advice of my dermatologist and indeed it clears up my rosacea incredibly but started to get gut issues with terrible burping and decided to get off it and trying to recover my gut issue and have seen some improvement. Eating a lot of yogurt trying to restore my healthy flora. Yeppers, sugar is the fire that feeds the inflammation. By the way, watch my new TikTok video, just made it today! It is for TikTok brains. I made two others and have a lot of views. Seems this is the new way to reach young rosaceans.
            Brady Barrows
            Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
              I don't eat Sauerkraut very often but I do with a hot dog and I don't have any issues with rosacea eating it. Don't recall anyone mentioning sauerkraut as a rosacea trigger, but then my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Even the NRS 'holy grail' trigger list doesn't mention sauerkraut. You may enjoy my post on Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach which are all listed on the 'holy grail' NRS trigger list. I too was on long term antibiotics for rosacea for probably ten or more years, taking high dose tetracycline which what was used in the eighties when I was first diagnosed with rosacea in 1985. I finally got off of antibiotics and only taken them occasionally if need for something. Then from August 25, 2020 through Feb 8, 2021 which was a total of 167 days I took 20 mg of doxycycline twice a day on the advice of my dermatologist and indeed it clears up my rosacea incredibly but started to get gut issues with terrible burping and decided to get off it and trying to recover my gut issue and have seen some improvement. Eating a lot of yogurt trying to restore my healthy flora. Yeppers, sugar is the fire that feeds the inflammation. By the way, watch my new TikTok video, just made it today! It is for TikTok brains. I made two others and have a lot of views. Seems this is the new way to reach young rosaceans.
              Yup TikTok is where all the kool kids hang out I was on doxycycline also, really believe it messed up my gut health. I love yogurt but unfortunately it breaks me out in acne each time I eat it.

Comment

Working...
              X