Rosacea CURED with Acyclovir !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 months free

Hi guys, its been 11 months now and I have not had a serious rosacea outbreak. My nose would occasionally get a little red and a small bump would start to show signs of appearing but after sleep I would have normal skin again.

A month ago I got the idea to try acyclovir as a cream on my nose and this seems to have fixed the problem completely. I dont even have redness now and consider myself completely cured.

The good news for others who want to try whether acyclovir works for them is that you can just try the cream. Maybe it will help. One user in this thread who tried acyclovir as a pill reported it made his symptoms worse. A cream is most likely sader to do a test with.

I hope this info helps someone. Good luck on your healing journeys. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellukas View Post
      Hi guys, its been 11 months now and I have not had a serious rosacea outbreak. My nose would occasionally get a little red and a small bump would start to show signs of appearing but after sleep I would have normal skin again.

A month ago I got the idea to try acyclovir as a cream on my nose and this seems to have fixed the problem completely. I dont even have redness now and consider myself completely cured.

The good news for others who want to try whether acyclovir works for them is that you can just try the cream. Maybe it will help. One user in this thread who tried acyclovir as a pill reported it made his symptoms worse. A cream is most likely sader to do a test with.

I hope this info helps someone. Good luck on your healing journeys. All the best.
      Hi Nellukas

First off, I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to return and keep us updated with your progress -- I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it.

That's great you are still symptom free! And an interesting idea to trial an acyclovir cream. Are you just using a 'typical' acyclovir cream like Zovirax (5% acyclovir)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1 View Post
        Hi Nellukas

First off, I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to return and keep us updated with your progress -- I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it.

That's great you are still symptom free! And an interesting idea to trial an acyclovir cream. Are you just using a 'typical' acyclovir cream like Zovirax (5% acyclovir)?
        I am glad to do so. I have also been eager to know results and progress, but OP stops posting at some point leaving everyone hanging

Yes, I used just a regular cold sore cream with Acyclovir - Qualimed Acovax cream that I got over the counter. If I should get any flares from now on, I plan to just try the cream instead of taking the pills, like before.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellukas View Post

Hi Nellukas
          So you rub acyclovir cold sore cream directly onto your nose ? you feel this has addressed any redness on you nose ?
          Thanks
          MD

Comment

Wanted to mention some ideas for why herpes anti-viral treatment may help Rosacea.

As we know, Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder. So I think looking at the inflammatory aspect is key.

The reason why low-dose antibiotics like doxycycline are believed to help Rosacea at sub-antimicrobial levels is because they have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.

70% of the adult population is infected by herpes. Although the OP says they don't have herpes it's very possible that they're asymptomatic (most people are).

Herpes causes an immune response by the body, such as pro-inflammatory cytokines (IL-36g for example is mentioned here).

Pro-inflammatory responses by the body and cytokines are linked with Rosacea.

I'm not a doctor or scientist, but the logic above may be how herpes (or any inflammatory immune response trigger) could be linked with Rosacea.
            Last edited by redward; 3 December 2020, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Virus has never been ruled out in rosacea and there are a few antiviral treatments, i.e., Acyclovir, mentioned being used to treat rosacea. While there are only a few papers on this subject, you can learn more here.
              Brady Barrows
              Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
              X