Sun hats for men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun hats for men

Since being diagnosed with Rosacea about five years ago, I have struggled to find a suitable hat to wear in the sun. That is, one that is fairly modern in appearance, comfortable and effective.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob, I wear a Tilley hat -- it's washable, packable, and maintains its hat-shape. The vented-fabric around the side is perfect for extreme hot weather. They're about $70.

Comment

Outdoor Research have a very big supply of different types of men's sun hats if you look at their website.

I read a feature in The Sunday Times recently with the manager of the UK's oldest hat shop. He said getting the right sun hat for men is very much down to the shape of the man's face. This is why some men are able to easily find a hat with good sun coverage (wide brimmed etc) that they feel comfortable wearing, but others unfortunately (like me) find it hard to get one that looks right to suit your face shape. But Outdoor Research do have a good range to choose from.

Comment

I wear a cricket umpires hat. If you're in the UK (or Oz) they are easily obtainable from Amazon or from many/most sports shops.

You do need to be of "a certain age" to wear one without ridicule but, frankly, it never bothered me.

Comment

I wear bucket hats everyday. They never go out of fashion and there in at the moment. Even the young kids wear them. I work outside sometimes too so there perfect. Not too big and not too small. Find a bucket hat with a larger brim and there perfect. Stick to a nice neutral colour like navy.

Comment

Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
            Outdoor Research have a very big supply of different types of men's sun hats if you look at their website.

I read a feature in The Sunday Times recently with the manager of the UK's oldest hat shop. He said getting the right sun hat for men is very much down to the shape of the man's face. This is why some men are able to easily find a hat with good sun coverage (wide brimmed etc) that they feel comfortable wearing, but others unfortunately (like me) find it hard to get one that looks right to suit your face shape. But Outdoor Research do have a good range to choose from.

I have bought the Outdoor Research Helios sunhat. It has a wide brim, is 50+ UPF and has received good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by RobT View Post
              I have bought the Outdoor Research Helios sunhat. It has a wide brim, is 50+ UPF and has received good reviews.
              Do let us know if it works well for you after a few weeks of using it...

Comment

Outdoor Research has a few different Sun hats with different designs to suite your functional needs. You can often get them on discount from places like Campmor and REI.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
                It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man`s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.
                All the best,Wyanetriy Diceus
                Wyanetriy
                Last edited by Wyanetriy; 13 July 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Coolibar sells a few very stylish SPF sun hats.

Comment

wow, so good quesetion.

Comment

Working...
                    X