No announcement yet.

Timoptol-LA 0.5% stops my cheeks flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried timolol for 3 applications, but it might have lost potency (no difference).

A (non-rosacea) friend kindly tried it too haha, also no difference

Might try to get another rx

Comment

Hi, I mostly have redness that comes and goes but in the last year roughly the redness stays more often than the paleness. I can still get pale randomly but it's more and more rare and I haven't been reeeallly pale in a while
      Yes, I wrote here about my nose issues. It is currently the worst part of my face because it is almost always more or less red and really reactive.
      I didn't try timolol on my nose just in case it does something bad.
      I'll be honest - for the past days I've been lazy with my timolol applications. It's because I couldn't see any real, stable difference and decided that maybe the concentration is too small. I have an appointment with my derm on 12th of March, then I'll ask if I could try 0,5%. I'll keep you updated!

Speaking of it not working after 3 tries, I think this is supposed to be more of a long term drug which shows effect (hopefully) after about a month or more of application. In the studies with infantile hemangiomas, the lesions regress for months and the patients keep applying beta blockers even for 6 months and longer.

Comment

Hey, so probably no one's following this but I will update anyway. I was supposed to visit derm 2 days ago and ask for a stronger timolol solution BUT stupidly by mistake I missed the appointment LOL and now have to wait another month to see my derm.
        Now I've restarted using 0,1% timolol on my right cheek twice daily (previously i used it 3x daily on the same cheek and the results were no change to slightly worse).

I began doing this like 2 days ago, will update.

Comment

Originally posted by eIegantsquatIobster View Post
          Hey, so probably no one's following this but I will update anyway. I was supposed to visit derm 2 days ago and ask for a stronger timolol solution BUT stupidly by mistake I missed the appointment LOL and now have to wait another month to see my derm.
          Now I've restarted using 0,1% timolol on my right cheek twice daily (previously i used it 3x daily on the same cheek and the results were no change to slightly worse).

I began doing this like 2 days ago, will update.
          I´m following, so please feel free to update

Comment

Working...
          X