Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zz cream otc???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zz cream otc???

    Is zz cream otc?? if so where can you order it? thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by Steve76 View Post
    Is zz cream otc?? if so where can you order it? thanks

    I haven't used it, but if you are talking about the one people on here use then I think it's the one found at demodexsolutions.com. It is over the counter. I am not aware of any companies that sell this in store, but I'm in America. Maybe it's different somewhere else. Not sure, but I know a lot of people on here use it so maybe someone will offer their two cents

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are some threads for you to read:

      Redness

      John1982

      Lighfy

      his1209

      zzguy
      Brady Barrows
      Blog - Join the RRDi


      Comment


      • #4
        I forgot to mention RedRecluse and there are many other threads mentioning the ZZ cream or ZOSSO, aka Zhongzhou Cream. In Europe, the ZZ cream is known as Demoderm (see my post #96 in this thread).
        Last edited by Brady Barrows; 11 August 2017, 08:28 PM.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi


        Comment


        • #5
          If you are interested in being a trial for Demodex Solutions read this post.
          Brady Barrows
          Blog - Join the RRDi


          Comment


          • #6
            I think I'm going to try ZZ Cream to see if it works for me. I like Soolantra, but I still get some outbreaks, and my skin tends to be a bit on the oily side. So I'm thinking ZZ Cream might be a good thing for me to try in controlling my rosacea pustles.

            Is the Demodex Solutions site the only place I can order it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
              I forgot to mention RedRecluse and there are many other threads mentioning the ZZ cream or ZOSSO, aka Zhongzhou Cream. In Europe, the ZZ cream is known as Demoderm (see my post #96 in this thread).
              Does Demoderm contain the same secret ingredient which is in the ZZ cream?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MariaSt View Post
                Does Demoderm contain the same secret ingredient which is in the ZZ cream?
                Not sure what the ingredients are or if they are different than the ZZ cream. I will try to find out and post.
                Brady Barrows
                Blog - Join the RRDi


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MariaSt View Post
                  Does Demoderm contain the same secret ingredient which is in the ZZ cream?
                  Received this reply to my question from Walter Freyne, Demodex Solutions:

                  "The Demoderm is the cosmetic version from the ZZ cream, there is not much difference regarding ingredientsNo boric acid and no trimethylamine and no fragrance
                  The problem is that I deliver in Bulk packing to Germany so they fill themselves the jars
                  and also it is more expensive in retail than the ZZ ointment but not better, is working the same. (Same factory)"
                  Brady Barrows
                  Blog - Join the RRDi


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you, Brady. The absence of boric acid in Demoderm makes the ZZ cream a better choice, I think. Do you happen to know what's the concentration of boric acid in the ZZ cream?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MariaSt View Post
                      Thank you, Brady. The absence of boric acid in Demoderm makes the ZZ cream a better choice, I think. Do you happen to know what's the concentration of boric acid in the ZZ cream?
                      Not off the top of my head. As I recall the Chinese don't detail the amounts.
                      Brady Barrows
                      Blog - Join the RRDi


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi all,

                        I have some concern about the safety of the zz cream.

                        The formula is said to be protected by a Chinese state patent, and the company has only provided limited ingredient disclosure information about the cream
                        (we know that it contains Zinc oxide, Sublimed sulfur, Menthol, Boric acid, salicylic acid, Chinese medicine herbs, and that the base is a complex formula on its own —whatever this means).

                        Coincidentally, the Acarid removing soap's main ingredient is TCC, which the FDA has recently banned from all antibacterial soap products as it may disrupt hormone cycles and cause muscle weakness, irritation of the lungs, eyes, and skin.

                        Don't get me wrong. I have been pleased with the results of this cream, but how safe is it to use it long term?

                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MariaSt View Post
                          Do you happen to know what's the concentration of boric acid in the ZZ cream?
                          Boric Acid 2%.

                          Also see post number 8 in this thread.
                          Brady Barrows
                          Blog - Join the RRDi


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by atlas222 View Post
                            Hi all,
                            I have some concern about the safety of the zz cream.
                            The formula is said to be protected by a Chinese state patent, and the company has only provided limited ingredient disclosure information about the cream
                            (we know that it contains Zinc oxide, Sublimed sulfur, Menthol, Boric acid, salicylic acid, Chinese medicine herbs, and that the base is a complex formula on its own —whatever this means).
                            Coincidentally, the Acarid removing soap's main ingredient is TCC, which the FDA has recently banned from all antibacterial soap products as it may disrupt hormone cycles and cause muscle weakness, irritation of the lungs, eyes, and skin.
                            Don't get me wrong. I have been pleased with the results of this cream, but how safe is it to use it long term?
                            Thanks.
                            What is TCC? I searched for medical terms and TCC disambiguation and couldn't figure it out. Googling it didn't help either. Never mind, I found it, trichlorocarbonyl aniline. I will do some research on this and get back to you.

                            If you are uncomfortable with the long term use there should be some sign or symptom worth mentioning. For example, some of the long term risks of continuous antibiotics are tooth enamel loss, gastric problems, skin sensitivity to sunlight. Metronidazole (began to be commercially used in 1960 in France) has shown evidence of carcinogenic activity in a number of studies involving chronic, oral administration in mice and rats, however, topical metronidazole (1% METROGEL® Gel, 1% For topical use only - Initial U.S. Approval 1963) has never been assessed for carcinogenic activity. Since with long term topical metronidazole we have no idea what the long term effects are, there seems to be little concern since there are no known long term effects worth mentioning. The same could be true of the ZOSSO topical treatment. ZOSSO has not been around as long as topical metronidazole, and there are no complaints of any signs or symptoms using ZOSSO so far in this forum. Reports about ZOSSO in this forum are either it works or it doesn't. The majority say it works for them.
                            Last edited by Brady Barrows; 25 January 2018, 03:10 AM.
                            Brady Barrows
                            Blog - Join the RRDi


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              trichlorocarbonyl aniline

                              Originally posted by atlas222 View Post
                              Coincidentally, the Acarid removing soap's main ingredient is TCC, which the FDA has recently banned from all antibacterial soap products as it may disrupt hormone cycles and cause muscle weakness, irritation of the lungs, eyes, and skin.
                              Do you have source from the FDA about banning trichlorocarbonyl aniline? I googled it and went on the FDA site and couldn't find anything.

                              Demodex Solutions, the distributor of the Acarid Soap, says the TCC (trichlorocarbonyl aniline) is 'diluted 30 million times' and is "a high-duty, wide-spectrum, safe, and new antibacterial agent....widely used in daily chemical products and medical antiseptics." While there is very limited information on trichlorocarbonyl aniline according to Google I did find this source that says, "2,4,5-Trichloroaniline is a chlorinated aniline used in the preparation of azo dyes, insecticides, herbicides as well as in antiviral agents." I am hard pressed to find what 'insecticides' or 'antiviral agents' use trichlorocarbonyl aniline.
                              Brady Barrows
                              Blog - Join the RRDi


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X