Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advise, pic showing flushing

20170621_143522.jpg

i have been to the derm, no help.. like she doesn't understand how embarrassing and depressing these flushing episodes are.
    On Clonidine and Doxy.

Gave Mirvaso helps a bit . Any advice is so appreciated.
    Last edited by Gil1978; 21 June 2017, 06:46 PM. Reason: wording

Originally posted by Gil1978 View Post
    i have been to the derm, no help.. like she doesn't understand how embarrassing and depressing these flushing episodes are.
    On Clonidine and Doxy.

Do you get pustules?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRecluse View Post
      Do you get pustules?

No i have never gotten one. Just red red cheeks and hot.

Comment

No i have never gotten one. Just red red cheeks and hot.
        Stay on the Doxycycline and let us know if it helps reduce your redness.
        How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Comment

Stay on the Doxycycline and let us know if it helps reduce your redness.

1 month and i see a tiny bit of relief. But when i went into the hot car today it was red face city all over again until the AC cooled my fave.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4806[/ATTACH]

On Clonidine and Doxy.

Hi Gil,

I totally understand and empathize with you on how deeply demoralizing this condition, esp the flushing aspect can be.
            It is life changing, that is for sure.

Pls read the thread on Mirvaso on this forum before you consider using it again.
            Many have had severe rebound flushing from Mirvaso.
            You can use the search box in the top R of the screen.

Stay well hydrated. Try and discover your triggers and try to avoid them at all costs.
            I would not discontinue your meds right now.
            Be gentle with your skin.
            Keep a food diary to identify any possible food triggers.
            Many have success with dietary changes esp reducing their carbs and/or a Paleo diet.
            Look into low level Red Light Therapy; look at the recent posts of kfranke and Jenn AdeleK , who are finally finding relief with Red Light.
            Do not ever give up hope.
            You will find your answer.

Blessings,
            Bluedog

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
              Hi Gil,

I totally understand and empathize with you on how deeply demoralizing this condition, esp the flushing aspect can be.
              It is life changing, that is for sure.

Pls read the thread on Mirvaso on this forum before you consider using it again.
              Many have had severe rebound flushing from Mirvaso.
              You can use the search box in the top R of the screen.

Stay well hydrated. Try and discover your triggers and try to avoid them at all costs.
              I would not discontinue your meds right now.
              Be gentle with your skin.
              Keep a food diary to identify any possible food triggers.
              Many have success with dietary changes esp reducing their carbs and/or a Paleo diet.
              Look into low level Red Light Therapy; look at the recent posts of kfranke and Jenn AdeleK , who are finally finding relief with Red Light.
              Do not ever give up hope.
              You will find your answer.

Blessings,
              Bluedog

Thanks Blue, that is my focus now. I am going to give the laser treatment a try, this flushing is a nightmare. has any one had any success making the flushing go? Could it be something else?
              frustrating.

Comment

1 month and i see a tiny bit of relief. But when i went into the hot car today it was red face city all over again until the AC cooled my fave.
                Do you know why your derm put you on Doxycycline? It's usually for an infection(s) and I don't think flushing/redness is necessarily an infection (I could be wrong).

I was put on Tetralysal, which is basically the same as Doxycycline, except many people get stomach cramps from using Doxycycline, hence why they use Tetralysal.

This was to fight my pustules (infections), and Tetralysal cleared them up, but I remained red, although less so than before.

I was on Tetralysal for 1.5 years, which was a bad move because one becomes resistant to antibiotics, and they also destroy the healthy bacteria in your gut.

Gut health can often play a role with face/skin issues, so it's important to make sure your gut is healthy.

To me it sounds like Doxycycline isn't helping you. And I don't understand why your derm put you on it. Maybe as a trial?

Then again, most derms are useless/clueless about Rosacea and face problems in general.

Comment

Do you know why your derm put you on Doxycycline? It's usually for an infection(s) and I don't think flushing/redness is necessarily an infection (I could be wrong).

I was put on Tetralysal, which is basically the same as Doxycycline, except many people get stomach cramps from using Doxycycline, hence why they use Tetralysal.

This was to fight my pustules (infections), and Tetralysal cleared them up, but I remained red, although less so than before.

I was on Tetralysal for 1.5 years, which was a bad move because one becomes resistant to antibiotics, and they also destroy the healthy bacteria in your gut.

Gut health can often play a role with face/skin issues, so it's important to make sure your gut is healthy.

To me it sounds like Doxycycline isn't helping you. And I don't understand why your derm put you on it. Maybe as a trial?

Then again, most derms are useless/clueless about Rosacea and face problems in general.

I have no idea im stumped at this.

Derm said i should try a laser treatment called Photofacial.

Comment

I have no idea im stumped at this.

Derm said i should try a laser treatment called Photofacial.
                    Sounds like a drastic last resort when you are still early into your diagnosis. You still have many options to try out. I would go and see another derm. Or keep posting here, posting pics, researching, etc. This forum (and other online resources) is more informative than most derms. I easily spent 250+ hours researching my conditions over a 3 year period in order to find my cure.

Comment

Sounds like a drastic last resort when you are still early into your diagnosis. You still have many options to try out. I would go and see another derm. Or keep posting here, posting pics, researching, etc. This forum (and other online resources) is more informative than most derms. I easily spent 250+ hours researching my conditions over a 3 year period in order to find my cure.
                      Thank you, i did ask to see another Derm last night.

Comment

Thank you, i did ask to see another Derm last night.
                        Also got my first dose of flushing from using Mirvosa..not good

Comment

Also got my first dose of flushing from using Mirvosa..not good
                          Hi Gil,

So sorry to hear that about the flushing as I know how exhausting and heart breaking each flare is.
                          Drinks lots of ice chilled water and ice the back of your neck.
                          I prefer not to ice my face as it dries out the skin so much.
                          Better to keep the skin well hydrated.
                          Try and avoid any extremes of temperature and try going low carb/Paleo.
                          I cannot recall if you had pustules or not.
                          BTW, doxy at low doses, 40-50 mgs per day is thought to be anti-inflammatory without any systemic effect.

Wishing you calmer skin and all the best with the new derm,
                          Bluedog

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
                            Hi Gil,

So sorry to hear that about the flushing as I know how exhausting and heart breaking each flare is.
                            Drinks lots of ice chilled water and ice the back of your neck.
                            I prefer not to ice my face as it dries out the skin so much.
                            Better to keep the skin well hydrated.
                            Try and avoid any extremes of temperature and try going low carb/Paleo.
                            I cannot recall if you had pustules or not.
                            BTW, doxy at low doses, 40-50 mgs per day is thought to be anti-inflammatory without any systemic effect.

Wishing you calmer skin and all the best with the new derm,
                            Bluedog

No Pustules at all just red cheeks..red circles

Comment

Man this is exactly what my flushing looks like and it seems like NOTHING helps. Even splashing a ton of cold water on my face doesnt help, just seems to irritate it more.

I will be keeping an eye on this post as I would love to see a cure to this.

I agree with you man, it is so embarrassing. It happens on both my cheeks very bad and it just makes you feel terrible!

I hope you get er figured out, all the best!!

shyguy

Comment

Working...
                              X