How long to be outside? Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to be outside? Opinions

I've had rosacea for just over a year now and last summer I was so paranoid about the sun that I stayed indoors all summer! I went on a trip to Seattle when it was +30 and wore spf 41 with a hat and walked in the shade and went inside stores throughout our day. This summer I am suppose to be in an outdoor wedding where there will be a ceremony and pictures that will be taken outdoors. What I am wondering about is how long does everyone stay outside for while wearing spf, being in the shade and wearing a hat? I'm trying to get a rough idea because I instantly get paranoid after 10 minutes! Thanks everyone

That's a good question. I live in the Southeast where Summers are brutal - just getting into a car that's been sitting in the heat all day makes me feel hot in the face and I'm sure I'm pink, I just don't look.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainykite View Post
      I've had rosacea for just over a year now and last summer I was so paranoid about the sun that I stayed indoors all summer! I went on a trip to Seattle when it was +30 and wore spf 41 with a hat and walked in the shade and went inside stores throughout our day. This summer I am suppose to be in an outdoor wedding where there will be a ceremony and pictures that will be taken outdoors. What I am wondering about is how long does everyone stay outside for while wearing spf, being in the shade and wearing a hat? I'm trying to get a rough idea because I instantly get paranoid after 10 minutes! Thanks everyone
      Since starting red light therapy about 2 months or so ago, I've been able to tolerate a bit more heat and a bit more sun. That being said, I don't go outside without a hat unless it's like a quick run to the mailbox or something similar. I can usually be out in 80-85 degree temps for about 30 minutes or so without worry. If it gets hotter than that I have to start sucking on ice cubes and planning to get indoors as soon as I can. Sun for me is never a problem as long as I'm under a hat and/or parasol. If I'm just exposed to the sun, I start to feel it in 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Bumping, in hopes that anybody else can help with an answer to my question.

Comment

I think if you're wearing spf then 1hr shouldn't be too bad but make sure to get out of the heat at times, bring some more suncream to top up during the day. I like to get out now at times maybe for a hour for a hike or working around the garden. Temp is not too high here in Ireland though around 16-20c

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

And I go out a bit to reduce the white below my eyes and even it out with my new skin tone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X