READ THIS: There is no Rosacea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• READ THIS: There is no Rosacea!

Hi there. I'll welcome you with some cool news: You don't have Rosacea. Your redness, flushing, visible blood vessels, defuse redness does not originate from any mites, products or sun. There is no such thing. Yes you read this right: YOU don't have Rosacea. It's a big hoax, and let me explain to you why.

You might think I'm crazy. I'm going against the huge stream of all beloved fans of this disease. Just look at the forum itself: It is even divided into Rosacea subtypes, different sections. Here is why I'm not crazy: I have cured my "Rosacea" and six other people as well. I'm well aware that my test group is not big, but I know for a fact that there is no such thing as Rosacea.

I used to think IPL, Light therapy, sugar intolerance, eating things with color etc was the culprit to my rosacea; My red, puffy inflamed face. It was absolute not the way. Sugar (natural) has absolute nothing to do with face redness. Putting cosmetics has absolute nothing to do with redness, unless it's meant to irritate the skin. Sun has nothing to do with redness, unless you easily burn or don't tan. That goes for everyone.

Then what is "Rosacea"? It is Gluten/grain/wheat intolerance. It is. It's not a theory, maybe, let's try this for a couple of day thing. It's real, whether you accept it or not. Science will eventually prove this right. The single reason why Rosacea is not treatable with our 21st century medical equipment is just that: It's not a disease, it's an allergy/intolerance.

I understand there is a huge cult-following; people thinking they have Rosacea. I won't change that, science will. I also understand the importance of this forum and forums in general, it's a nice outlet to talk to people.

Now, if you want to eliminate "Rosacea", simply cut out processed sugar, wheat, grain and gluten. There you have it. If you don't want to, you will have redness. Also, some redness that has been accumulated over time, can not be healed by itself by the body. Diffuse redness, bumpiness and pimples can be healed. Things that can not be healed are enlarged nose, visible blood vessels, scars and enlarged pores. These need laser and IPL/v-veam treatment. HOWEVER, all of your symptoms will STOP when you follow the diet above, and your body will do its best to reverse all the damage.

Isn't it nice? No more Rosacea!

Have a nice day everyone and enjoy the sun and everything you used to!

Best,

I've actually noticed a huge difference when I stay away from sugar. I already avoid gluten like the plague as I can see a reaction on my face and systemically. I've recently started eating more cookies and brownies (homemade gluten free) and boom my face is worse.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Also I think you should know that science is already backing this up. The Human Microbiome Project is documenting how the microbiome of people's intestines have an impact on the overall health of a person (yes including acne and Rosaceae). I'm also a student so I have access to a ton of academic journals. There are a ton of recent studies linking acne and Rosaceae to the western diet. Aboriginal culture that have never has a western diet have never had a facial skin condition and the Inuit reported acne as well as Rosaceae once they started eating our diet. The antibiotics that are prescribed for skin conditions make things worse as they wipe out all of the good bacteria with the bad and the bad are more likely to recolonize on the sugar/ starch diet. I can send you some PDFs if you like but all of this is published in dermatologist academic journals since around 2004 and the HMB is making the evidence more understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by bakersmt View Post
        I've actually noticed a huge difference when I stay away from sugar. I already avoid gluten like the plague as I can see a reaction on my face and systemically. I've recently started eating more cookies and brownies (homemade gluten free) and boom my face is worse.

Hi, I would like to help you. Would you like to mention what your current condition/type is: Skin type, amount of sun exposure and exact diet (even traces of gluten count).

Best

Comment

I know traces of gluten count, my brother is a celiac. Even cooking in an oven that previously cooked gluten counts. I appreciate the offer but I am handling it wonderfully on my own. I was just backing up your claims with more than anecdotal evidence. There are actually medical journals that support your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by elskate View Post
            Hi there. I'll welcome you with some cool news: You don't have Rosacea. Your redness, flushing, visible blood vessels, defuse redness does not originate from any mites, products or sun. There is no such thing. Yes you read this right: YOU don't have Rosacea. It's a big hoax, and let me explain to you why.

You might think I'm crazy. I'm going against the huge stream of all beloved fans of this disease. Just look at the forum itself: It is even divided into Rosacea subtypes, different sections. Here is why I'm not crazy: I have cured my "Rosacea" and six other people as well. I'm well aware that my test group is not big, but I know for a fact that there is no such thing as Rosacea.

I used to think IPL, Light therapy, sugar intolerance, eating things with color etc was the culprit to my rosacea; My red, puffy inflamed face. It was absolute not the way. Sugar (natural) has absolute nothing to do with face redness. Putting cosmetics has absolute nothing to do with redness, unless it's meant to irritate the skin. Sun has nothing to do with redness, unless you easily burn or don't tan. That goes for everyone.

Then what is "Rosacea"? It is Gluten/grain/wheat intolerance. It is. It's not a theory, maybe, let's try this for a couple of day thing. It's real, whether you accept it or not. Science will eventually prove this right. The single reason why Rosacea is not treatable with our 21st century medical equipment is just that: It's not a disease, it's an allergy/intolerance.

I understand there is a huge cult-following; people thinking they have Rosacea. I won't change that, science will. I also understand the importance of this forum and forums in general, it's a nice outlet to talk to people.

Now, if you want to eliminate "Rosacea", simply cut out processed sugar, wheat, grain and gluten. There you have it. If you don't want to, you will have redness. Also, some redness that has been accumulated over time, can not be healed by itself by the body. Diffuse redness, bumpiness and pimples can be healed. Things that can not be healed are enlarged nose, visible blood vessels, scars and enlarged pores. These need laser and IPL/v-veam treatment. HOWEVER, all of your symptoms will STOP when you follow the diet above, and your body will do its best to reverse all the damage.

Isn't it nice? No more Rosacea!

Have a nice day everyone and enjoy the sun and everything you used to!

Best,

It may not be that simple. I have been on a Paleo diet for 3 years prior to developing rosacea. Paleo diet is grain,sugar,dairy free. Before I went Paleo I was on a gluten free,organic,all natural diet for almost 10 years (due to other health problems). What helps me to keep my rosacea under control is a low histamine diet. I also avoid night shades. I wish somebody told me about rosacea and histamine connection when I was just diagnosed.
            I agree that there is strong connection between diet and rosacea. Our gut health in general plays a big role. But there are also other factors that need to be addressed.

Comment

Then why did my rosacea getting worse after i forgott to protect a part of my face from the sun? Last summer, I forgott to protect the side of my right cheek, an area that I didn't have any rosacea on before. I burned my skin because of sunlight and afterards the area turned chronic red with bloodvessels that can be noticed if u looking close. Sun should be the reason for me.

Comment

I've been off gluten, grains and wheat and mostly sugar for many years now and still have a red flushed burning face often. It's not as simple as you paint it mate.
                You seem to be overlooking a host of other potential triggers and causes for rosacea, like hormones, auto immunity, general inflammation that's not caused by foods, thyroid disfunctioning,genetic predisposition, weak blood vessels and so on. There are subgroups mentioned, because there áre in fact different symptom profiles and treatments/causes for them.
                Last edited by nat007; 22 November 2016, 09:23 AM.
                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

Comment

It's not gluten for me. Went gluten/what/grain/sugar/dairy free for 4 months. Did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by thin_white_duke View Post
                    It's not gluten for me. Went gluten/what/grain/sugar/dairy free for 4 months. Did nothing.
                    It can take over a year to sort your stomache out, did you get a food intolerance/allergy test? Did you try to sort any possible yeast problems with low carb, probiotics etc? Did you cut out caffeine, smoking other stimulants, histamines/nightshades? I tested positive for an intolerance to EVERY edible nightshade, have you looked at the alkaline diet too? Cutting out all vinegars, etc, cut all sugars including fruit? How about looking into unfiltered tap water causing problems both to drink and wash? Do all the above for a year and see where you are (in line with your previous diet and see where you are) I've been doing all the above for less than a month and am slowly seeing the benefits already (all gas) stomache pains gone too)

Comment

some food for thought

elskate,
                      You are not the only one who has reported improvement or remission in rosacea by avoiding processed sugar, wheat, grain and gluten in this forum. However, there is an X-Factor in rosacea that has been discussed for well over eleven years (just search on the RRDi web site 'What is the X-Factor in Rosacea?' or look for this question in the RRDi FAQs). The nutshell version is why is it that when one rosacean reports success in controlling or improving rosacea with a treatment that it doesn't always work for another rosacean? The answer is the X-Factor. There has never been found one treatment that works for all cases of rosacea.

As for your statement that we don't have rosacea, a good concept that has been proposed by Dr. Draelos is the following:

"Rosacea is probably a collection of many different diseases that are lumped together inappropriately." Dr. Draelos is quite intuitive about this.

The current consensus now concerning rosacea is that it should be classified as phenotypes rather than subtypes which is the direction we are heading.

Br J Dermatol. 2016 Oct 8. doi: 10.1111/bjd.15122.
                      Updating the diagnosis, classification and assessment of rosacea: Recommendations from the global ROSacea COnsensus (ROSCO) panel.
                      Tan J, Almeida L, Bewley A, Cribier B, Dlova N, Gallo R, Kautz G, Mannis M, Oon H, Rajagopalan M, Steinhoff M, Thiboutot D, Troielli P, Webster G, Wu Y, van Zuuren E, Schaller M.
                      Brady Barrows
                      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

What a stupid thread - just because it works for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

For example, I find I can drink a certain beer (Brooklyn Lager) with no reaction. Whereas Guiness for example is terrible for me.

Where are people having their food intolerance tests done?

Comment

Always open to holistic measures

so thank you for initially posting the subject and opening up the path for others..

I don't think anyone should call this a "stupid" thread (as above did) because by believing it so successful for yourself and being passionate about sharing it means that others can at least have HOPE and try the regime and maybe a great many ARE cured by monitoring gluten/wheat intolerance.

Thank you for the positive approach - I'm going to try to implement it..

Comment

Originally posted by skullmcrex View Post
                            It can take over a year to sort your stomache out, did you get a food intolerance/allergy test? Did you try to sort any possible yeast problems with low carb, probiotics etc? Did you cut out caffeine, smoking other stimulants, histamines/nightshades? I tested positive for an intolerance to EVERY edible nightshade, have you looked at the alkaline diet too? Cutting out all vinegars, etc, cut all sugars including fruit? How about looking into unfiltered tap water causing problems both to drink and wash? Do all the above for a year and see where you are (in line with your previous diet and see where you are) I've been doing all the above for less than a month and am slowly seeing the benefits already (all gas) stomache pains gone too)
                            Let's unpack what you are asking.
                            • You say it can take over a year to "sort out my stomach". Why 1 year? Do you have a study or any evidence that backs that up, or is that just your best guess? 1 year of a restrictive diet is a massive part of my life.
                            • I have not gotten an allergy test. Can you name the specific tests that I could have done? I often see people on this forum say "get tested", but they can't name specific tests that are helpful.
                            • I was ketogenic so low carb is part of what I did. It didn't help.
                            • Probiotics didn't help, but I suppose there are many strains. Which one worked for you?
                            • I don't smoke. I don't drink. I stilll drink coffee but it doesn't make me flush.
                            • I tried a low histamine diet, but only for a few weeks. It's difficult to follow and clashes with my other diets. I did try "Histame" pills which came recommended in this forum. But that didnt do ****.
                            • Never tried the alkaline diet. Can you point me to a good resource?

I have to do all of the above for a year and hopefully I will see slow results? hahaha. I have been on this forum a while I have tried quite a few things. I have spent quite a lot of money. They problem is that there are so many people giving advice and telling you to do things. It's impossible to get to everything, but worst of all, it's almost impossible to measure the results. You will see 90% of people say "I have had a slight improvement", but I can never tell whether that is just the placebo effect. I never see a change from any of the tips on this forum. I am still going to keep trying, but after 8 years it's really getting me down.

Oh, and stay away from IPL. I've ruined my skin with it.

Comment

Originally posted by thin_white_duke View Post
                              Let's unpack what you are asking.
                              • You say it can take over a year to "sort out my stomach". Why 1 year? Do you have a study or any evidence that backs that up, or is that just your best guess? 1 year of a restrictive diet is a massive part of my life.
                              • I have not gotten an allergy test. Can you name the specific tests that I could have done? I often see people on this forum say "get tested", but they can't name specific tests that are helpful.
                              • I was ketogenic so low carb is part of what I did. It didn't help.
                              • Probiotics didn't help, but I suppose there are many strains. Which one worked for you?
                              • I don't smoke. I don't drink. I stilll drink coffee but it doesn't make me flush.
                              • I tried a low histamine diet, but only for a few weeks. It's difficult to follow and clashes with my other diets. I did try "Histame" pills which came recommended in this forum. But that didnt do ****.
                              • Never tried the alkaline diet. Can you point me to a good resource?

I have to do all of the above for a year and hopefully I will see slow results? hahaha. I have been on this forum a while I have tried quite a few things. I have spent quite a lot of money. They problem is that there are so many people giving advice and telling you to do things. It's impossible to get to everything, but worst of all, it's almost impossible to measure the results. You will see 90% of people say "I have had a slight improvement", but I can never tell whether that is just the placebo effect. I never see a change from any of the tips on this forum. I am still going to keep trying, but after 8 years it's really getting me down.

Oh, and stay away from IPL. I've ruined my skin with it.
                              What is the "IPL" that you mentioned?

Comment

Working...
                              X