Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me!!!!!!!so desperate for answers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me!!!!!!!so desperate for answers!

To make this short, a year ago i had a small spot of dry skin on my cheek. I was prescribed Promiseb for a possible fungal rash, a steroid for possible eczema, and a Prednisone shot (WAY TOO MUCH Rx!!!). Prior to the information below, i have never had any skin problems until i turned 25. I could use whatever wash, moisturizer i wanted and have as much sun exposure without issues.

This made my skin break out in this hideous rash all over my cheeks and forehead...To calm this down, i was prescribed a STRONGER steroid and another round of prednisone tablets (WTF???)

This all helped on the short term. A few months went by and i wanted a second opinion. Saw a dermatologist, was perscribed another steroid and told to be on my way. I have been to various dermatologists/allergists/physicians only to hear the following. It has now been over a year, where i went from great skin (no redness, rash, pimples) to me not even wanting to leave the house every day. I just want an answer as to what this is so i can treat appropriately. Is it rosacea, seb derm, eczema, steroid rosacea, folliculitis, allergy related, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!. I am never using another steroid or protopic or antifungal again as all they have done is turned my condition from a 1/10 to 9/10. I have been "diagnosed" with the following:

- Rosacea
    - Seborrheic dermatitis
    - eczema
    - folliculitis
    - steroid-induced rosacea
    - steroid acne

Symptoms since using topicals/oral steroid/oral antibiotics
    - tingling on cheeks (i can tell when i am going to have a breakout, little spots on my cheek tingle and the next day i have red bumps)
    - itching
    - burning
    - extreme sun sensitivity (the areas where the dermatitis are get FRIED)
    - sensitivity to all products (lotions, creams, washes)

Test Results
    - Vitamin b12 deficiency (blood work)
    - Dust mite allergen (allergy test)

Treatment:
    - Promiseb (Terrible flare up)
    - Various steroid creams (helps short term, flare comes back worse)
    - Protopic (helped short term, worsening flare ups / acne/ redness after stopping)
    - 1 Kenalog 40 shot (prednisone steroid shot)
    - 4 rounds of prednisone tablets (in the course of 1 year, yikes)
    - 2 rounds of anti biotics (tetracycline and augmentin) - For possible rosacea/folliculitis
    - every hypoallergenic lotion cream antihismamine/allergy pill under the sun

Side effects from prescriptions
    - erythema multiforme all over body (rash from kenalog 40 shot)
    - allergic reaction to tetracycline from the sun (swollen rash all over face, shedding scalp, burning face/scalp
    - Staph folliculitis all over body (unknown)
    - change of texture on cheeks, now shiny red with zits and red bumps all over cheek and forehead
    - permanent rash on face
    - sensitivity to all face wash/sun/topicals/lotions (before i had zero issue with any face wash or the sun)

I will follow with a picture from October 2015 to show the huge difference in texture, acne, redness, and dermatitis. I wish i just had never went to the doctors originally, every time i went a new problem would come up that was not there before that required treatment, and my dermatitis or rosacea whatever it is is 100x worse.

IMG_0632.jpg

Dg0622,

I noticed in this thread that you were prescribed Soolantra in April. You don't mention this is your list of treatments you have tried above. Did you try the Soolantra? What happened? For how long did you try the Soolantra? If you didn't try Soolantra, is it because you skin is too sensitive?

In your list above you mention tetracycline. Does that include the Doxycycline you mentioned in April?

So what are you actually using right now to treat this (not what you have tried in the past)? List everything.

As to getting a diagnosis on the internet please read this.

And in this thread in November 2015 your were recommended Neem oil by Mary522 in post no 6. Did you try it? I didn't see any reply to Mary's recommendation about your trying the Neem oil. Did I miss something?

Did you try the 'daily turmeric face mask as recommended by a thread on this website' recommended by KAH (post #7)?

The point of all these two recommendations is when someone recommends something it would be good to reply that 'I can't take Neem oil or a Tumeric face mask because...." or "I tried it but it made it worse" rather than leaving it hanging and wondering what happened? If you get a reply to your request here, it is a big deal, since there are not the number of posters actively participating in this forum as it used to be. I found that you have had several respond to your inquires, which is a good thing.

I have collected a number of anecdotal reports and papers on treating steroid rosacea here. Might want to spend an hour or so reading what can be done with steroid rosacea and then go back and discuss what you learned with your dermatologist(s).
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26 September 2016, 02:13 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
      Dg0622,

I noticed in this thread that you were prescribed Soolantra in April. You don't mention this is your list of treatments you have tried above. Did you try the Soolantra? What happened? For how long did you try the Soolantra? If you didn't try Soolantra, is it because you skin is too sensitive?

In your list above you mention tetracycline. Does that include the Doxycycline you mentioned in April?

So what are you actually using right now to treat this (not what you have tried in the past)? List everything.

As to getting a diagnosis on the internet please read this.

And in this thread in November 2015 your were recommended Neem oil by Mary522 in post no 6. Did you try it? I didn't see any reply to Mary's recommendation about your trying the Neem oil. Did I miss something?

Did you try the 'daily turmeric face mask as recommended by a thread on this website' recommended by KAH (post #7)?

The point of all these two recommendations is when someone recommends something it would be good to reply that 'I can't take Neem oil or a Tumeric face mask because...." or "I tried it but it made it worse" rather than leaving it hanging and wondering what happened? If you get a reply to your request here, it is a big deal, since there are not the number of posters actively participating in this forum as it used to be. I found that you have had several respond to your inquires, which is a good thing.

I have collected a number of anecdotal reports and papers on treating steroid rosacea here. Might want to spend an hour or so reading what can be done with steroid rosacea and then go back and discuss what you learned with your dermatologist(s).

Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes, sorry, i should have updated the other threads with results. I have tried neem oil and it inflamed and burned the heck out of my dermatitis. No, the doxycycline was a 10 day pack. The tetracycline was a 3 month course that i had to discontinue after 3 weeks due to the reaction from the tetracycline. The soolantra also inflamed the dermatitis and burned upon applying. I used soolantra 2/day for 1 week before i had to discontinue due to terrible flare and burning. I have also tried raw honey / coconut oil / ACV masks several times and had to discontinue.

Current i use

1. dove sensitive skin beauty bar (wash face 1 AM/1PM with room temperate water
      2. Protopic (as needed, roughly 2/week)
      3. aveeno eczema therapy lotion (if skin can tolerate / roughly 1-2 times a week)

Comment

Dg0622,
        Since you received two out of six diagnosis's stating that you have steroid-induced rosacea or steroid acne, and based upon your ultra sensitive skin, it would seem logical that you may have Facial corticosteroid addictive dermatitis (FCAD) or what some call steroid dermatitis and what most in this forum call steroid rosacea. There a number of reports in this forum how this is a difficult skin condition to treat but nevertheless, is treatable and many report success. As you may already have read, what works for one may not work for you (the X-Factor), but if you continue to read and research this you will probably find a way to treat your particular skin disease. Also googling steroid rosacea or Facial corticosteroid addictive dermatitis will give you plenty to research. It would be good to stick to this thread, or pick one of your many threads you started and stick with it and report back what you have found so you don't leave a lot of missing thread information. This could prove helpful to others who have this same situation. You may become an expert on this in time and assist others. The trick is not to give up and keep searching, keep trying different treatments like you have already done and hopefully one day you will find the treatment that calms your sensitive skin.

One treatment that some have tried is absolutely no treatment for a while, a few days, and letting the skin just heal on its own. You can apply cool filtered water each day to clean your face of any excess oil, but just let it heal on its own for a while, then restarting your regimen.
        Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26 September 2016, 06:03 PM.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Hello!
          I'm a little busy but I'll take a short time to write to you because I have a VERY simillar story. It's almost two years fighting a granulomatous rosacea that was induced by protopic.
          So I will tell you what I would like someone could have told me in the past that I think could made my fate very different.

My short story: ZERO acne, pimple, redness, flushing, etc. Never had anything in my face. God, I was happy. I was precribed Differin, a retinoid, because my facial skin was a little oily (since EVER).

Well, after a month differin left an light irritation on my skin that never went away. I was prescribed TACROLIMUS (PROTOPIC), witch "cured" my face in 2 weeks. But guess what, every time I tried to stop using protopic, my face got worse. Then back to protopic, off it, and it goes on. After 2 months on this, I left protopic for good and my face exploded in pustules, etc.

Biopsy confirmed that I have granulomatous rosacea, but I think I'll make another one as I don't quite trust the first one.
          Well

I'll tell you what worked and what not worked for me, and some things you might consider.

Blood tests: its important to know if you are HIV negative and Lupus negative. I bet you are not, but these are things to check. I had to.

Before things get worse, I would ask for a biopsy, to see if you have overgrowth demodex, a fungus or a bacterial infection.

A fungus if left untreated and the patient is put to steroid or protopic can become majocchi granuloma, witch can present as rosacea or another dermatitis.
          RESEARCH it. Majocchi’s Granuloma.
          Example:
          https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cridm/2014/507176/
          When the patient came to our clinic for diagnosis and treatment, these diagnoses including corticosteroid-dependent dermatitis, lupus miliaris disseminates, acne rosacea, fungal infective dermatoses, and skin tumour were considered by us. After a series of examinations, MG was diagnosed as being caused by Trichophyton rubrum which was identified by the features of fungal culture.
          Bear in mind that despite the fact that is "common sense" that topical immunomodulators (protopic/elidel) don't have "rebound", they do. I'm a victim. So, if you are using steroids or protopic, DO NOT STOP USING IT AT ONCE. You have to stop using it slowly. Example: If you apply 2x/day, reduce to 1x day for 2 weeks, then 1x day yes day no for another two weeks, etc.

Let me quote an article for you
          Chronic TC application leads to several functional and biological changes within the skin, which alter cutaneous response. Reduction in collagen and elastin synthesis leads to degradation of dermal matrix with reduced structural support for superficial vasculature leading to cutaneous vasodilation, which is visible clinically as telangiectasias and diffuse erythema.[4,10,12,13,26–28] TC-induced alterations in the normal homeostatic balance of chemical mediators, which modify cutaneous blood flow, appears to be a major factor in the pathogenesis of CIRD.[10,12,13] The predominant force in creating symptomatic exacerbations of CIRD that follow discontinuation of TC application appears to be release of accumulated cutaneous endothelial nitric oxide stores leading to exaggerated dilatation of cutaneous vessels.[10,12,13,24] Endothelial nitric oxide (eNO), also referred to as endothelium-derived relaxing factor, is an endogenous vasodilator that is markedly inhibited by glucocorticosteroids, including with TC application.[24] During TC application, vasoconstriction occurs, and release of eNO is inhibited. As a result, eNO accumulates and is stored. Upon discontinuation of TC use, there is a surge of eNO release, which results in vascular “hyperdilation.” As a result, rebound flaring with suffusion occurs characterized by brisk erythema, edema, and symptoms of discomfort—stinging, burning, and pruritus.[10,24] The repeated offset and onset of nonphysiological storage and release of eNO creates what has been described as a “trampoline effect” or “neon sign” effect, ultimately resulting in persistent vasodilatation as a sequelae of repeated episodes of vasoconstriction-vasoldilatation.[12]

I tried accutane, it worsened a lot.

What I would if I were you:

Stop using steroids/protopic, but remember my advice, you cant stop it overnight.
          http://jddonline.com/articles/dermat...45961615P0628X

Ask for a biopsy with the most comprehensive testings in the material. bacterial/fungal scan/culture, look for demodex, etc. This might save you from scars, preserve your mental health, save money and a lot of other things, including a cure.

Ask for a blood test for H PYLORI infection (bacteria)
          https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._a_Pilot_Study
          http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medli..._pantoprazole_
          http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/heli...skin-diseases/

Talk to your doctor about taking ivermectin for demodex.
          If you are using Protopic it lowers you immune system in the skin and overpopulation of demodex in your skin is a possibility.

Rosacea-Like Demodicosis Induced by Topical Pimecrolimus: Immunohistochemical Evaluation of Inflammatory Infiltrate
          http://www.demodexsolutions.com/pdf/170-778-1-PB.pdf

Severe Demodexfolliculorum–Associated Oculocutaneous Rosacea in a Girl Successfully Treated With Ivermectin
          http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/arti...orkReader=True

Accutane/isotretinoin ****ed me up, don't consider it in the short term.

Best antibiotic for me was DOXYCICLINE, fist 2x 100mg for 15 days then 100mg/day. You might consider the 40mg routine.
          Read:
          Safety and efficacy of doxycycline in the treatment of rosacea
          https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3047926/

It made my skin clear while taking it. It came back when I suspended, Im fighting it again but I had H PYLORI and didin't knew, I'll try a new routine of ivermectin for demodex etc.
          But I think my vascular system in the face is ****ed up by protopic as I pointed out in the first quote. Since the initial problem I had a permanent flush.

I don't know about you, but when I was using protopic my face was ULTRA sensitive to heat, cold, etc. Like, when I got inside my car that was under the sun, I could feel in my face where I was applying protopic was super sensitive to the heat.
          After I get back to normal again (I know doxycicline works for me), I'll do vbean to cover this issue too.

Sorry about any english grammar issues, Im not a native english speaker and I'm also on a rush (at work).

You should read this article too:
          http://www.omicsonline.org/open-acce....php?aid=61052

Also, if you are too anxious etc, consider seeking professional help. I got to the point of extreme anxiety, depression and suicidal toughts. I did consider killing myself. Remember that your mind do have an impact on your skin. If necessary, accept the doctors medication, not only for skin improvement but also life quality.

Best regards and good luck. Do your research, talk to the doctors and forget about protopic, that stuff is poison and I regret ever using it as my life and my face was never the same since then.

Comment

Working...
          X