Confused & Depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused & Depressed

My rosacea continues to throw me for a loop.

After trying countless topicals, and diet changes, I was looking for anything that could help remedy my redness.
    So I decided to try a probiotic, Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 billion. I figured it couldn't do any harm... After taking them for 2 days (only 2 pills) the redness has spread to my chin in multiple blotches Needless to say it really has took a toll on my confidence and mind state.
    I'm not sure if this is coincidence or the Probiotic disagreeing with my gut? SO CONFUSED.

But on the other hand, my overall redness on my cheeks, and nose is down a bit! I still have some spider veins but the redness, and random red areas on my nose have dissipated; I've been eating an excess of blueberries as well.
    I feel so low, and am not sure where to turn

So sorry

Originally posted by key69 View Post
    My rosacea continues to throw me for a loop.

After trying countless topicals, and diet changes, I was looking for anything that could help remedy my redness.
    So I decided to try a probiotic, Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 billion. I figured it couldn't do any harm... After taking them for 2 days (only 2 pills) the redness has spread to my chin in multiple blotches Needless to say it really has took a toll on my confidence and mind state.
    I'm not sure if this is coincidence or the Probiotic disagreeing with my gut? SO CONFUSED.

But on the other hand, my overall redness on my cheeks, and nose is down a bit! I still have some spider veins but the redness, and random red areas on my nose have dissipated; I've been eating an excess of blueberries as well.
    I feel so low, and am not sure where to turn
    So sorry you are having a rough patch. I would consider a different probiotic. The pearl style ones stay in the intestinal track better than the hard pills if that is what you took. It may not be related, but switch it up and see. It is trial and error. Hang in there and maybe keep a food and supplement diary. Green tea compresses (cold) may soothe your skin.

Comment

Hi, I agree with KRC. Try another probiotic. Or you could set this one aside for a week or so until your chin calms. Then try again and see if you get the same reaction.

Comment

Probiotic?

Thanks for replies you guys, needless to say, yes I will be dropping this probiotic.
        I'm hesitant to try another now, but I guess its worth a shot.
        Hopefully it will calm, trying to keep positive!

Any suggestions on different probiotics? Perhaps the reaction is suggesting that I already have excess "good" & not "good" bacteria...
        Or all this may just be a coincidence.
        Last edited by key69; 21 July 2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Last year, I tried a probiotic that was 20 billion, cheap brand. I don't think it did much and I was breaking out - which I hadn't done for a long while. I stopped taking it.

Just over a month or so ago, I began taking Dr Ohhira's brand. I noticed that my face has been calmer.

I guess the only way to see if it helps you is to try again later. If you read some of the older threads here on the forum, you'll find that there are lots of people who have been helped by probiotics. So might be worth a try! Hope your chin calms soon!

Comment

Working...
          X