Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Tanned /Red skin in the Evening?

hey

background ; accutane induced flushing. started by the end of december 2014. slowly improving it seem. way less reccurent then before. Left me with some redness on cheeks and a lot on nose. (didnt try any meds really except ativan for the anxiety the flushing situation can create)

anyways, ive noticed that these past days. my face look way redder/ tanned in the evening/nigh (but not flushed) when i wake up it look pale, maybe a bit tanned.
    i was on vacation these past 2 week and ive done a lot of walking in the sun almost everyday for 5-6 hours.

could it be that in the morning/day, the light is natural in the bathroom and everywhere, so my skin look paler in the mirror and then in the evening/night its agressive lightning in dark environment so it show more red/tanned skin ? im kinda confused

Your eyes are not deceiving you. Many people notice this pattern, me included. Not sure what causes it.

Comment

Originally posted by lwemm View Post
      Your eyes are not deceiving you. Many people notice this pattern, me included. Not sure what causes it.
      damn, its weird thats is kinda new for me tho ! i never noticed that before, when i wasnt flushed for a day or some days, my skin wasnt redder in the evening/night.

Comment

When people get tired they get these so called bags under their eyes. Aren't these dilated veins? I have the feeling that this happens not only under the eyes but in the whole face.

And what about good night sleep? Isn't the skin more hydrated after that? So it will kinda hide your veins?

Comment

Originally posted by aymerikmd View Post
          hey

background ; accutane induced flushing. started by the end of december 2014. slowly improving it seem. way less reccurent then before. Left me with some redness on cheeks and a lot on nose. (didnt try any meds really except ativan for the anxiety the flushing situation can create)

anyways, ive noticed that these past days. my face look way redder/ tanned in the evening/nigh (but not flushed) when i wake up it look pale, maybe a bit tanned.
          i was on vacation these past 2 week and ive done a lot of walking in the sun almost everyday for 5-6 hours.

could it be that in the morning/day, the light is natural in the bathroom and everywhere, so my skin look paler in the mirror and then in the evening/night its agressive lightning in dark environment so it show more red/tanned skin ? im kinda confused
          The most convincing argument I've heard is that cortisol is (normally) highest in the morning and descends throughout the day. Something about cortisol makes your face pale. So we wake up with a pale face.

I'd love to hear other theories though because I don't think that one is entirely comprehensive. I don't always wake up with a pale face. I was also taking cortisol lowering supplements for a while and didn't notice a difference.

Comment

to be honest i always have good night sleep, between 7-10 hours a day, i wake up with slightly pale skin, and by the end of the day my skin look tanned (not hot to the touch tho), even if i didnt flush, i think its mostly natural lightning versus bathroom light at night. i probably took too much sun these past weeks. plus i dont really wear sunscreen :/

never got a good one that doesnt leave me greasy and kinda not down to put another product on my face, i always wear big hat , like farmer straw hat when i go outside a lot tho ahah

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGables View Post
              The most convincing argument I've heard is that cortisol is (normally) highest in the morning and descends throughout the day. Something about cortisol makes your face pale. So we wake up with a pale face.

I'd love to hear other theories though because I don't think that one is entirely comprehensive. I don't always wake up with a pale face. I was also taking cortisol lowering supplements for a while and didn't notice a difference.
              Highest and descending? I thought it is low in the morning and ascends...

During the night your body recovers and probably there is less inflammation. Besides, probably you sleep in a cool and controlled environment.

As I see it, quite a few factors:
              - Skin hydration is better after sleep
              - Controlled environment calms the skin
              - Growth hormone, testosterone, released during deep sleep.
              - Emotional and physical stress levels decrease.

Comment

aymerikmd, do you mind the tanned look? Nobody wants to look red, I presume, but if you look a bit darker, that wouldn't be a problem right? I mean skin that is tanned, can't look red right? Isn't that why people inject themselves with Melanotan I/II etc?

Comment

Originally posted by White View Post
                  aymerikmd, do you mind the tanned look? Nobody wants to look red, I presume, but if you look a bit darker, that wouldn't be a problem right? I mean skin that is tanned, can't look red right? Isn't that why people inject themselves with Melanotan I/II etc?
                  i dont mind it, but i like paler whiteish skin in general. must be the spring summer too that is playing a role, its gettin warm and hot and really sunny here.

Comment

Originally posted by White View Post
                    Highest and descending? I thought it is low in the morning and ascends...

During the night your body recovers and probably there is less inflammation. Besides, probably you sleep in a cool and controlled environment.

As I see it, quite a few factors:
                    - Skin hydration is better after sleep
                    - Controlled environment calms the skin
                    - Growth hormone, testosterone, released during deep sleep.
                    - Emotional and physical stress levels decrease.
                    Nope...

Normally, the highest cortisol secretion happens in the second half of the night with peak cortisol production occurring in the early morning. Following this, cortisol levels decline throughout the day with lowest levels during the first half of the night. Cortisol awakening response is independent of this circadian variation in HPA axis activity; it is superimposed upon the daily rhythm of HPA axis activity; and it seems to be linked specifically to the event of awakening.
                    You can have a messed up HPA axis...but the normal function is high after the initial awakening response and then decline.

Comment

Working...
                    X