Chemical Sunscreen Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical Sunscreen Recommendations

I am at my wits end with trying to find a sunscreen that my skin doesn’t react to or breakout. I have tried everything, and I mean my house looks like a freaking Sephora, but only filled with sunscreens.

I have switched to physical sunscreens since compromising my skin barrier two years ago (do not try skin peels ever) and coincidentally my pores are so badly clogged. I spent a week “vacation” at home, so I could not wear sunscreen and what do you know…no more clogs and acne that one week. This has taken over my life. I am not enjoying being outside anymore, it is terrible.

Are there any chemical sunscreens that would work for rosacea and hypersensitive skin? I have tried almost all physical sunscreen with various combinations of zinc and titanium oxides but to no relief.
    Please help!

Coconut oil is a natural spf 4, you could try that.

Comment

Look at the EU and French-origin sunscreens. Many of them use only chemical sunscreens. I agree with you that the physical sunscreens are super irritating.

There's no way that coconut oil is a sunscreen.

Comment

I would break out terribly from coconut oil. It is highly comedogenic and I used it one night to wake up with clogged pores the next morning. Also, physical sunscreens are SUPER drying! They suck the life out of my skin.

I will look into the French sunscreens. Thank you for your suggestions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlushingQueen View Post
          I would break out terribly from coconut oil. It is highly comedogenic and I used it one night to wake up with clogged pores the next morning. Also, physical sunscreens are SUPER drying! They suck the life out of my skin.

I will look into the French sunscreens. Thank you for your suggestions!!!
          Hey there, i also struggled alot to find a good sunscreen that doesnt irritate my face, what i have found that not everyone with rosacea are the same, for me all sunscreens that contained zinc oxide and titanium oxide the 2 componets that r supposed to be non irritating for rosacea, caused me to flare up so bad, the only sunscreen that never irritated me and im using it for 2 years now, is neutrogena oil free liquid lotion...so my advice to u that is trial and error thing, and dont stick to one rule,if ur face doesnt respond to physical sunscreens that doesnt mean that chemical will irritae you....there r no rules when treating rosacea, for me my face is so irritaed and very dry red with alot of pimples, i find relief when using topical erythromycin gel followed by rozex gel, both together decrease my inflammation and put my rosacea in remission of i used them regulary, even though they contain alcohol,but i find them decreasing my inflammation so as to the severe dryness and flaky skin......
          Good luck and keep trying im sure u will find relief soon, im still struggling to fond a good moisturzer and i tried tons and will keep trying cause im sure i will find one at the end, i wont lose hope

Comment

Hi, have you tried these?

http://rosaceacare.com/rosacea-skin-...nscreen-spf-30

http://rosaceacare.com/rosacea-skin-...nscreen-spf-20

Comment

Matthew, the OP is asking about the exact opposite.

Comment

Hello Wiry,

Sorry, I realise that. I was more wondering if she had tried them, amongst the many other products already used...

Comment

Oxybenzone isn't as bad for your skin as people make it out to be. It is an organic compound and forms colorless crystals that are readily soluble in most organic solvents. The FDA and governing agencies in Canada and the EU have approved the use of oxybenzone as a safe and effective sunscreen ingredient. The safety of oxybenzone has also been reviewed and confirmed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review expert panel. It is also something that you body creates/processes naturally anyway. Even the CDC has given no indication that it is dangerous, provided the dosage is a correct ratio.

The people claiming that oxybenzone is bad for you are the same people that said cell phones can cause cancer (the EWG likes playing the cancer card to get people to fund their research).

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
                    Look at the EU and French-origin sunscreens. Many of them use only chemical sunscreens. I agree with you that the physical sunscreens are super irritating.
                    Do you have any special brands you recommend? I feel if it is anyone that has had the experience with testing different chemical sunscreens, it is you

There's no way that coconut oil is a sunscreen.
                    This made me laugh really hard, everything considered.

Comment

Working...
                    X