Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redness on cheeks, no dryness or lesions, symmetrical, sporadic episodes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BVokey
    replied
    Joe,

Is your face still doing better? I think I have more Rosacea than KPRF but like you I have permanent redness on my cheeks and no p&p's. Something that has worked for me is diet (eliminating gluten, sugar, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, sulfites, and many other things), eating a lot of organic and unprocessed whole foods like vegetables and gluten free oats, organic meats, etc., and ingesting a ton of probiotic rich foods on a daily basis - plain kefir, plain Greek yogurt, homemade sauerkraut. I also have sinus problems that I found are tied to my facial redness. I found that gut and sinus health (replenishing the good bacteria into the gut and sinuses) has significantly improved my symptoms. Also taking vitamin d3 as I am deficient, a multivitamin and Astaxanthin. Also I am using a physical sunscreen vs chemical and it's significantly more effective at protecting my skin from redness due to sun exposure. I have a post I made on the newbie forums that goes into detail about all my treatment. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• SRT150
    replied
    Originally posted by gab123 View Post
    hi joe, i know it been a year since u responded but please i need ur help.O k so im just got 18 now and my kprf look similar to yours, mostly on the front cheeks and a little bit redder.will it get worse with time?and does yours have improuved with age? please hope you will respond because im ****ing sick of this. **** just want to end this.Its pretty hard you know, no girlfriend , almost no friend, ****y job....
    Your best bet is either prescription medications or laser treatments. VBEAM Pulse Dye Laser is the best option available at the moment.

KPRF is truly a horrible condition, I have it too, but luckily not as severe as the OP.

Leave a comment:

• gab123
    replied
    hi joe, i know it been a year since u responded but please i need ur help.O k so im just got 18 now and my kprf look similar to yours, mostly on the front cheeks and a little bit redder.will it get worse with time?and does yours have improuved with age? please hope you will respond because im ****ing sick of this. **** just want to end this.Its pretty hard you know, no girlfriend , almost no friend, ****y job....

Leave a comment:

• davekelly
    replied
    Originally posted by J1992 View Post
    Hi thanks Iwemm,

Basically I replaced my normal oats with gluten free oats, and replaced my normal pasta with gluten free pasta.

I noticed when I got home from work at 4pm, eating a big bowl of cereal or heavy carb meal, within 1 hour I would get a flush lasting for 2-3 hours. I read up on Hypoglycemia regarding excessive carb intake causing a heat response / histamine response, and decided to make some tweaks.

In full:

I replaced my Oat milk with Cows semi-skimmed milk (Calcium actually ofsets the Pyric acid in carbs)
    I replaced my Tesco Scottish Rolled outs with Tesco 'Free-From' (Gluten, wheat, diary, soy free) Pure Oats
    I replaced my Tesco Durum Pasta with Tesco 'Free-From' Pasta.
    I began eating Lamb Mince once a week for the red meat i.e Iron.
    I began eating Potatoes once a week for the B Vitamins.
    I began eating Smoked Mackerel once a week for the Omega-3
    I began drinking vegetable juice for the leafy green vegetables.
    I also stopped taking all medications i.e Lymecycline for the folliculitis / pimples on legs.
    I stopped taking Cod Liver Oil Capsules.
    I changed my cleanser from Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser that was actually causing spots and dryness to Simple Hydrating Cream Cleanser
    I stopped washing with Imperial Leather Soap and started using Imperial Leather Hydrating Body Wash.

One big thing I noticed was causing me great discomfort was an air purifier I bought about 3 months ago. I noticed the right side of my face, the side the machine was located, was very red when I woke up in the morning. The air purifier was an Ion active one, as soon as I turned this off, my skin improved alot. Not sure why, but it definitely did.

My Body skin is much soften and no longer dry, no flaky skin. The occasionally bumpyness on upper arms is gone completely. The Spots on my legs are 90% gone too leading me to believe my legs where chronically dry, which they definately where, areas around my socks would flake with dry skin.

My facial skin looks much softer and like I said no longer flushing.

I'am now experiementing with a a few things:
    (Right Side) Aloe Vera 100% on a small portion of my face to see if this will improve my possibly sun damaged skin -
    (Left Side) Brulidine (Anti Bacterial Cream) & Canesten Cream (Anti-Fungal) on small portion of skin to see if its a fungal issue -

I'am also going to scan a few pictures later showing when the redness began after a burn on holiday to document where this started for people to see.

I feel if you can isolate the cause of your flushing, and reduce this, laser treatment will be far more successful as you are no longer making your condition worse. I believe that I do have sundamage, possibly sub-dermis layer damage causing vaso-dilation of the blood vessels, i.e constant dilation meaning any factor such as heat will just exacerbate it.

For a short period of my life 14-18 I sunbathed alot, I used a facial sun lamp alot, recommended only 30 mins, I used it for 2-3 hours, about 2 inches from my face, whereas you are supposed to sit over a foot away. If you look at this picture below, I had about 10 minutes before I took this picture been using the sun lamp. I actually got a paper towel and attempted to cover my cheek in order to tan the skin around it, hoping to even it out. As you can see the redness actually happened exactly where I put the paper towel! You can see the triangle shape, which leads me to think potential UV rays, as I don't think a thin paper towel would prevent this. Bare in mind I've never used sun block on my face ever.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3219[/ATTACH]

Joe.
    There you go Joe .

100% that's what triggered your Redness/Flushing ( KPRF )

Do you have ginger hair ?

Leave a comment:

• lwemm
    replied
    Hi thanks Iwemm,

My Body skin is much soften and no longer dry, no flaky skin. The occasionally bumpyness on upper arms is gone completely. The Spots on my legs are 90% gone too leading me to believe my legs where chronically dry, which they definately where, areas around my socks would flake with dry skin.

I'am also going to scan a few pictures later showing when the redness began after a burn on holiday to document where this started for people to see.

I feel if you can isolate the cause of your flushing, and reduce this, laser treatment will be far more successful as you are no longer making your condition worse. I believe that I do have sundamage, possibly sub-dermis layer damage causing vaso-dilation of the blood vessels, i.e constant dilation meaning any factor such as heat will just exacerbate it.

For a short period of my life 14-18 I sunbathed alot, I used a facial sun lamp alot, recommended only 30 mins, I used it for 2-3 hours, about 2 inches from my face, whereas you are supposed to sit over a foot away. If you look at this picture below, I had about 10 minutes before I took this picture been using the sun lamp. I actually got a paper towel and attempted to cover my cheek in order to tan the skin around it, hoping to even it out. As you can see the redness actually happened exactly where I put the paper towel! You can see the triangle shape, which leads me to think potential UV rays, as I don't think a thin paper towel would prevent this. Bare in mind I've never used sun block on my face ever.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3219[/ATTACH]

Joe.
    Hi Joe,

How long has it been since you changed your diet?

I think you are onto something with the bolded statements above. I think dryness and stinging occurs as a result of the flushing. I discovered eggs was a big trigger for me and after a week of eating two a day had a severe flushing episode which was then followed by sore very dry skin all over my body, but especially all over my face and knuckles of hands and feet. Now that I have eliminated eggs, my skin is no longer that dry or sensitive, but I have other triggers that I have not yet completely eliminated from my diet so it goes through short periods where it is drier and suffers more damage from acne and broken capillaries than when I am not eating those trigger foods. I think that in order for the skin and blood vessels to heal themselves fully, the inflammation from flushing needs to be completely eliminated but when there are multiple triggers it is difficult to sort that out. Therefore, I question whether laser would have any lasting effect if the flushing triggers are still present even in minute amounts. In my experience, sun damage shows as you age and more in the form of wrinkles and dark spots that do not fade, but your skin looks very youthful and even in texture and tone disregarding the redness. I think if you continue to find your flushing triggers and completely eliminate them, your skin is going to continue to improve. This is where I am right now as well, but I also question why I have become sensitive to foods. For me, the change seemed to come on suddenly though some of the triggers I suspect I always had some problems digesting them and it was only recently that the digestion became impaired enough that it caused a skin reaction. So I am trying to take a two-pronged approach of eliminating the triggers so skin will heal AND healing the digestion so that triggers are no longer an issue. If I recall correctly, you were not a big veggie and fruit eater and I suspect that if you continue to increase your intake of these foods, not just juice either but in their whole forms for the benefit of the fiber, that you are going to continue to have favorable changes as you get a more well-rounded diet. But yes, I do agree that sunblock or a hat is going to be helpful as well.

Leave a comment:

• J1992
    replied
    Hi thanks Iwemm,

Basically I replaced my normal oats with gluten free oats, and replaced my normal pasta with gluten free pasta.

I noticed when I got home from work at 4pm, eating a big bowl of cereal or heavy carb meal, within 1 hour I would get a flush lasting for 2-3 hours. I read up on Hypoglycemia regarding excessive carb intake causing a heat response / histamine response, and decided to make some tweaks.

In full:

I replaced my Oat milk with Cows semi-skimmed milk (Calcium actually ofsets the Pyric acid in carbs)
    I replaced my Tesco Scottish Rolled outs with Tesco 'Free-From' (Gluten, wheat, diary, soy free) Pure Oats
    I replaced my Tesco Durum Pasta with Tesco 'Free-From' Pasta.
    I began eating Lamb Mince once a week for the red meat i.e Iron.
    I began eating Potatoes once a week for the B Vitamins.
    I began eating Smoked Mackerel once a week for the Omega-3
    I began drinking vegetable juice for the leafy green vegetables.
    I also stopped taking all medications i.e Lymecycline for the folliculitis / pimples on legs.
    I stopped taking Cod Liver Oil Capsules.
    I changed my cleanser from Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser that was actually causing spots and dryness to Simple Hydrating Cream Cleanser
    I stopped washing with Imperial Leather Soap and started using Imperial Leather Hydrating Body Wash.

One big thing I noticed was causing me great discomfort was an air purifier I bought about 3 months ago. I noticed the right side of my face, the side the machine was located, was very red when I woke up in the morning. The air purifier was an Ion active one, as soon as I turned this off, my skin improved alot. Not sure why, but it definitely did.

My facial skin looks much softer and like I said no longer flushing.

I'am now experiementing with a a few things:
    (Right Side) Aloe Vera 100% on a small portion of my face to see if this will improve my possibly sun damaged skin -
    (Left Side) Brulidine (Anti Bacterial Cream) & Canesten Cream (Anti-Fungal) on small portion of skin to see if its a fungal issue -

dQCiQiTm.jpg

Joe.

Leave a comment:

• hg24
    replied
    Hi Joe, what do you eat now in place of oats and past? How has your diet changed? Is that how you reduced your flushing by 85 percent? Must be a great relief!

Leave a comment:

• lwemm
    replied
    That's great you've found some improvement! I hope you continue to have success.

Leave a comment:

• J1992
    replied
    I'm looking into potential severe sunburn / damage of the blood vessels now.

I've noticed if I taut my face i.e stretch the skin, my face returns to its normal colour. I.e Blood vessels being stretched.

What I'am going to do is apply aloe vera at night, SPF50 during the day with concealer.
    I work outside all day so to block against potential UV damage, even during overcast days.
    Perhaps if I get IPL it will reduce the dilated blood vessels due to sun damage I experienced one past holiday.

I have also reduced my flushing by 85%, my face is now cool all day practically. I'am now on a gluten free diet, only had to replace the Oats and Pasta, but its made a real improvement. Only now have to deal with the redness due to constant flushing and potential sun damage.

Normal:
    g3L5Y8Km.jpg

Taut:
    7AAQBGQm.jpg

Joe.

Leave a comment:

• J1992
    replied
    Thanks Iwemm,

From today I'am going to cut out oats and pasta and anything else I eat that contains Gluten and replace it with Rice and gluten free alternatives to see if that makes any difference.

Joe.

Leave a comment:

• lwemm
    replied
    You definitely need to improve your sleep and veggie intake! Good luck with the testing and best wishes for getting it all worked out.

Leave a comment:

• J1992
    replied
    Whilst I acknowledge what you are saying Dave,

I'd like to explore all possible avenues first.

For peace of mind if not for anything else.

I'd also like to point out I'am feeling very aggitated and stressed at the moment. I rarely get more than 3-5 hours sleep a night, sometimes 2 hours, occasionally I don't sleep. My diet is 5600 calories, 804grams of Carbs, 50g Fat, 380g Protein. I might be wrong, but I think my glucose levels could be inhibited by the excessive amounts of carbohydrates and starches. My face also undergoes alot of strain in the gym, possibly causing the dilated vessels.

I want to explore:

Allergies (Wheat / Gluten)
    Carcinoid syndrome
    Septicemia
    Malnutrition (Lack of nutrients i.e rarely any vegetables)
    Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction
    Atherosclerosis
    Mastocytosis
    Cushing's syndrome
    Hyperglycemia
    Homocystinuria

I have been on Fluoxetine in the past and would like to go back on it, also with possible a low does of Propanolol. I'd also like to try quercetin/bromelain , Cromolyn Sodium (oral), and Allegra. Also a mast cell inhibitor and strong antihistamine.

Joe.
    Last edited by J1992; 21 March 2015, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davekelly
    replied
    I'am booking a dermatologists appointment very soon,

I'd like to rule out wheat and dairy (cottage cheese and whey) allergies aswell.

I've started applying E45 and Eucerin cream to see if that makes a different and I feel it definitely helps to reduce the dryness and tightness.

The one thing I remember with my face becoming like this was going on Holiday to Croatia in 2007 and getting badly burnt in the cheek areas, there are pictures of me before and after the holiday and you can see where I have been burnt / blistered correlated to where the redness is now on my face. I wondering if there is some damage done and perhaps a jeopodised layer of skin? Hence why I want to go the dermatologists, perhaps for steroid creams e.t.c

Joe.
    There is nothing anyone can do for you Joe .Don't waste any more money mate

KPRF is Genetic .

You can prevent it .But once you get it its irreversible .

Too much Sun for fair skin , Putting crap on your face as a teenager like acne / spot medications can also kick it off .

And that's why I keep telling people to leave their face alone .

Your face need fats , but get that from food not from moisturisers
    Last edited by davekelly; 16 March 2015, 07:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J1992
    replied
    I'am booking a dermatologists appointment very soon,

I'd like to rule out wheat and dairy (cottage cheese and whey) allergies aswell.

I've started applying E45 and Eucerin cream to see if that makes a different and I feel it definitely helps to reduce the dryness and tightness.

The one thing I remember with my face becoming like this was going on Holiday to Croatia in 2007 and getting badly burnt in the cheek areas, there are pictures of me before and after the holiday and you can see where I have been burnt / blistered correlated to where the redness is now on my face. I wondering if there is some damage done and perhaps a jeopodised layer of skin? Hence why I want to go the dermatologists, perhaps for steroid creams e.t.c

Joe.

Leave a comment:

• davekelly
    replied
    Originally posted by lwemm View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I looked at Joe's pics and it looks similar to some of my male friends from high school days and interestingly enough, a few random actors I have seen recently on TV. The thing that they all seem to have in common is a very distinct red to white transition in the area of the lower cheek/jaw. On my high school friend, it appeared almost as if his cheeks had been slapped. Would you say this is an accurate description of how KRPF looks?
    Yes most cases of KPRF would fit that description

Leave a comment:

Working...
X