Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redness on cheeks, no dryness or lesions, symmetrical, sporadic episodes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

davekelly stop would you . 50-70% of healing is within diet, MANY people have put their rosacea/ facial flushing into remission with diet, mostly cutting grains and dairy . Get tested for as many things as you can J1992. Stool tests, blood tests , allergy and food intolerance testing.

Look into the paleo diet.
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...hp?26405-Paleo

Do you have any digestive issues? any other symptoms ?

I don't think you have KPRF at all.

Comment

Thanks for weighing in Wicky,

I today had a blood test to check glucose, thyroid and liver function.

I'm beginning to visit the GP more frequently now and he's booking me a dermatologists appointment. I will also get an allergy test.

I have once been on an SSRI called fluoxetine from 14-16 years, it was only after stopping this did I notice the redness and flushing i.e 2008 picture above when I was 17, so from stopping the SSRI about 12 months. I remember beginning to blush frequently due to a girl friend at college, that , spicy food flavouring I used to pour on my chicken and trying out a new facewash seem to have triggered an un-ending cycle since then.

I've changed my diet, wash regime and fabric conditions loads of times since then, I cut out milk, diary, sugars, even fruits for a while. The one thing I really found an improvement from was cutting out apples. As weird as that sounds. I used to get red, flushing ears as well as prickly heat when excising, however now after cutting apples out for over a year, its gone.

Ive tried Soya Milk,Rice Milk and Oat Milk which im currently using.

I'm only eating Rice, Pasta, Oats, and Wheat, Tuna, Chicken, Cottage Cheese (Cut this out before, no change), Fruits such as Oranges, Pineapple, Bananas and Grapes, Water, Tomatoes, and Rice Cakes. A really severly limited diet, I';ve been eating like this for almost 5 years now since I was 18. I wondering if its because of the lack of vegetables / vitamins I could be flushing?

I want to try every avenue, like you wicky, I feel this came on spontaeously and I should be able to reverse it. I see photos of me at 12 years old everyday in the living room and wonder...What the hell happened.

I want to go back on the SSRI Fluoxetine and try some anti-inflammatory medication too.

Im currently taking some pro-biotics and Cod liver oil to see if those make a heap of difference.

Joe.
      Last edited by J1992; 11 March 2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Just to note, I've tried cutting out Salt, Tuna (possible mercury poisoning and Rice & Pasta).

I will admit though...

On days when I dont wash my face for say 24 hours, I do feel like I dont flush, as its almost like a trigger. Although not always.

Similarly excersise can or cant make me flush, when it does, it lasts for hours.

The one thing I have noticed with food though is that when I dont eat anything say from 9pm to 10am, I notice my face feels alot calmer, i.e redness wise and flushing wise.

I'm really clutching at straws here, I'm 23 years old and shouldn't be dealing with a red face. It sounds soo trivial, it's my only hang up and the only limiting factor in my life, I allow it to hold me back, because I dont want to accept it.

My only other symptoms or ailments are:

Red Folliculitis on my legs and thighs, I'm taking lymecycline for this though.

I've never ever been ill with a disease or medical condition. I feel like this must be my fault though, ever since 16 I've chosen what I eat, how I wash, when I sleep, and from then on it's almost gone down hill.

Thanks,Joe.
        Last edited by J1992; 11 March 2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Well quick update.

Bloodtest came back normal..

Am now going to shedule a dermatologists appointment and try and get a Urine / Stool / Allergy test done.

I feel like there could be a wheat connection somewhere, I eat alot of wheat breakfast cereal, rice and pasta and so would like to know if this could be an allergen factor due to the large quantities?

I want to go to the dermatologist because I remember on a holiday, my last in 2007 I ended up with sun burn across both cheeks, that blistered slightly on the flight back. I remember being distressed by this and from pictures the burn looks exactly where the redness is on my face now. I wondered if I should have treated my skin with hydro-cortisone or some moisturizing cream as the barrier in my skin could be compromised?

Just to let you know, my skin always feels tight and burning, could be dryness / lack of moisture but there is no visible flakes or signs of dry skin.

Joe.

Comment

Here's a picture of the condition my face used to be in at 14 and 15.

RmNSA4Bt.jpg

Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by J1992 View Post
              Thanks for weighing in Wicky,

I today had a blood test to check glucose, thyroid and liver function.

I'm beginning to visit the GP more frequently now and he's booking me a dermatologists appointment. I will also get an allergy test.

I have once been on an SSRI called fluoxetine from 14-16 years, it was only after stopping this did I notice the redness and flushing i.e 2008 picture above when I was 17, so from stopping the SSRI about 12 months. I remember beginning to blush frequently due to a girl friend at college, that , spicy food flavouring I used to pour on my chicken and trying out a new facewash seem to have triggered an un-ending cycle since then.

I've changed my diet, wash regime and fabric conditions loads of times since then, I cut out milk, diary, sugars, even fruits for a while. The one thing I really found an improvement from was cutting out apples. As weird as that sounds. I used to get red, flushing ears as well as prickly heat when excising, however now after cutting apples out for over a year, its gone.
              Ive tried Soya Milk,Rice Milk and Oat Milk which im currently using.

I'm only eating Rice, Pasta, Oats, and Wheat, Tuna, Chicken, Cottage Cheese (Cut this out before, no change), Fruits such as Oranges, Pineapple, Bananas and Grapes, Water, Tomatoes, and Rice Cakes. A really severly limited diet, I';ve been eating like this for almost 5 years now since I was 18. I wondering if its because of the lack of vegetables / vitamins I could be flushing?

I want to try every avenue, like you wicky, I feel this came on spontaeously and I should be able to reverse it. I see photos of me at 12 years old everyday in the living room and wonder...What the hell happened.

I want to go back on the SSRI Fluoxetine and try some anti-inflammatory medication too.

Im currently taking some pro-biotics and Cod liver oil to see if those make a heap of difference.

Joe.
              You've got KPRF Joe

I agree with the Apples also Oranges ,Fizzy Drinks ,Alcohol ,Chocolate ,Sugar causing Flushing

But Meat ,Dairy ,Bread, Rice ,Potatoes ,Most other vegtables and Fruits , Nuts wont cause you to Flush

You talk about your skin been dry

This is where the don't wash your face idea comes into play .

You need to also take Flax oil or evening primrose oil . Helps a lot of KPRF sufferers

Comment

davekelly,

How does one distinguish between KPRF and Rosacea? I had the goose flesh on the backs of my arms as a kid into my 20s or so. It is gone now but now I have Rosacea. Do people get both conditions? If you have the arm flesh is it more likely you get the face version?

Thanks in advance. I am trying to learn as much as possible from everyone on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by lwemm View Post
                  davekelly,

How does one distinguish between KPRF and Rosacea? I had the goose flesh on the backs of my arms as a kid into my 20s or so. It is gone now but now I have Rosacea. Do people get both conditions? If you have the arm flesh is it more likely you get the face version?

Thanks in advance. I am trying to learn as much as possible from everyone on this board.

Very simple

KPRF is basically red cheeks / jawbone area (curse of the celts ) . look at Joes pictures that's a good example of what KPRF looks like

Subtype 1 Rosacea is basically redness around the nose / cheekbone area

KP( goose flesh) on the arms is something I never had . So the answer to that would be no .

Several other people on here with KPRF never had it either

Comment

Thanks, Dave. I looked at Joe's pics and it looks similar to some of my male friends from high school days and interestingly enough, a few random actors I have seen recently on TV. The thing that they all seem to have in common is a very distinct red to white transition in the area of the lower cheek/jaw. On my high school friend, it appeared almost as if his cheeks had been slapped. Would you say this is an accurate description of how KRPF looks?

Comment

Originally posted by lwemm View Post
                      Thanks, Dave. I looked at Joe's pics and it looks similar to some of my male friends from high school days and interestingly enough, a few random actors I have seen recently on TV. The thing that they all seem to have in common is a very distinct red to white transition in the area of the lower cheek/jaw. On my high school friend, it appeared almost as if his cheeks had been slapped. Would you say this is an accurate description of how KRPF looks?
                      Yes most cases of KPRF would fit that description

Comment

I'am booking a dermatologists appointment very soon,

I'd like to rule out wheat and dairy (cottage cheese and whey) allergies aswell.

I've started applying E45 and Eucerin cream to see if that makes a different and I feel it definitely helps to reduce the dryness and tightness.

The one thing I remember with my face becoming like this was going on Holiday to Croatia in 2007 and getting badly burnt in the cheek areas, there are pictures of me before and after the holiday and you can see where I have been burnt / blistered correlated to where the redness is now on my face. I wondering if there is some damage done and perhaps a jeopodised layer of skin? Hence why I want to go the dermatologists, perhaps for steroid creams e.t.c

Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by J1992 View Post
                          I'am booking a dermatologists appointment very soon,

I'd like to rule out wheat and dairy (cottage cheese and whey) allergies aswell.

I've started applying E45 and Eucerin cream to see if that makes a different and I feel it definitely helps to reduce the dryness and tightness.

The one thing I remember with my face becoming like this was going on Holiday to Croatia in 2007 and getting badly burnt in the cheek areas, there are pictures of me before and after the holiday and you can see where I have been burnt / blistered correlated to where the redness is now on my face. I wondering if there is some damage done and perhaps a jeopodised layer of skin? Hence why I want to go the dermatologists, perhaps for steroid creams e.t.c

Joe.
                          There is nothing anyone can do for you Joe .Don't waste any more money mate

KPRF is Genetic .

You can prevent it .But once you get it its irreversible .

Too much Sun for fair skin , Putting crap on your face as a teenager like acne / spot medications can also kick it off .

And that's why I keep telling people to leave their face alone .

Your face need fats , but get that from food not from moisturisers
                          Last edited by davekelly; 16 March 2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Whilst I acknowledge what you are saying Dave,

I'd like to explore all possible avenues first.

For peace of mind if not for anything else.

I'd also like to point out I'am feeling very aggitated and stressed at the moment. I rarely get more than 3-5 hours sleep a night, sometimes 2 hours, occasionally I don't sleep. My diet is 5600 calories, 804grams of Carbs, 50g Fat, 380g Protein. I might be wrong, but I think my glucose levels could be inhibited by the excessive amounts of carbohydrates and starches. My face also undergoes alot of strain in the gym, possibly causing the dilated vessels.

I want to explore:

Allergies (Wheat / Gluten)
                            Carcinoid syndrome
                            Septicemia
                            Malnutrition (Lack of nutrients i.e rarely any vegetables)
                            Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction
                            Atherosclerosis
                            Mastocytosis
                            Cushing's syndrome
                            Hyperglycemia
                            Homocystinuria

I have been on Fluoxetine in the past and would like to go back on it, also with possible a low does of Propanolol. I'd also like to try quercetin/bromelain , Cromolyn Sodium (oral), and Allegra. Also a mast cell inhibitor and strong antihistamine.

Joe.
                            Last edited by J1992; 21 March 2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

You definitely need to improve your sleep and veggie intake! Good luck with the testing and best wishes for getting it all worked out.

Comment

Thanks Iwemm,

From today I'am going to cut out oats and pasta and anything else I eat that contains Gluten and replace it with Rice and gluten free alternatives to see if that makes any difference.

Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X