Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best make-up for men which is unnoticaeble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best make-up for men which is unnoticaeble?

Hello, I am a 19 year old men from the netherlands and I would love to hide my rosacea with make-up. Is there any make-up out there which can be used for rosacea and it not noticeable for other people?

P.S. Is it weird to buy make-up us a men being? I think I shame myself when I buy it in a (make-up store?).

Hi there,

I can suggest MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream. You can find it easily on amazon or even cheaper on Ebay. It normally comes from Korea since it is a Korean brand. They have 3 different shades (I personally use N.23) so you might have to try more than one shade to find the right color for your own skin complexion. Not only does it cover redness and p&p but it also has a sunscreen. It also calms my skin so flares are reduced to almost nothing.
    The only downside is that it normally starts to dry out after about 8 hours (depending on the weather) so if you have to be out for more than 8 hours you might find out that you dont look as good in the evening as you did in the morning.

I have discovered that if you start by applying a thin layer of the bb cream mixed with your favorite moisturizing cream, and than you add the bb cream evenly on your face, it will look completely natural as opposed to only using the bb cream! Oh and dont put too much otherwise it'll look fake.

I have no idea why I am the only one using this cream. I have never heard anyone talking about this specific bb cream but it is a damn good product to hide rosacea and help feel more confident. I'd rather not use any make up but until things are really under control this is the only product that ever helped me hide my condition.

My rosacea in pictures
    Currently using :
    "Finacea"
    "SkinActives Canvas Base Cream" (to mix with my bb cream)
    "Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA" to cover up (and it works! no one knows I have rosacea unless I remove my BB cream)
    -----
    Treatments that failed :
    Tetralysal , Flagyl, Brimonidine/Mirvaso (had severe reaction), Oracea, Diane35, Avene creams, Laroche Posay creams, Metronidazole pills AND cream

Comment

thanks for answering

Originally posted by flahflah View Post
      Hi there,

I can suggest MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream. You can find it easily on amazon or even cheaper on Ebay. It normally comes from Korea since it is a Korean brand. They have 3 different shades (I personally use N.23) so you might have to try more than one shade to find the right color for your own skin complexion. Not only does it cover redness and p&p but it also has a sunscreen. It also calms my skin so flares are reduced to almost nothing.
      The only downside is that it normally starts to dry out after about 8 hours (depending on the weather) so if you have to be out for more than 8 hours you might find out that you dont look as good in the evening as you did in the morning.

I have discovered that if you start by applying a thin layer of the bb cream mixed with your favorite moisturizing cream, and than you add the bb cream evenly on your face, it will look completely natural as opposed to only using the bb cream! Oh and dont put too much otherwise it'll look fake.

I have no idea why I am the only one using this cream. I have never heard anyone talking about this specific bb cream but it is a damn good product to hide rosacea and help feel more confident. I'd rather not use any make up but until things are really under control this is the only product that ever helped me hide my condition.

Hey thanks for the reply! I saw ur photo in the google doc, are the photos there of you with the BBcream?

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply! I saw ur photo in the google doc, are the photos there of you with the BBcream?
        Done. Just click on the link in my signature and scroll down to the last picture. Not necessarily my best makeup performance, but I wanted you to see the result right away as it is.
        My rosacea in pictures
        Currently using :
        "Finacea"
        "Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA" to cover up (and it works! no one knows I have rosacea unless I remove my BB cream)
        -----
        Treatments that failed :
        Tetralysal , Flagyl, Brimonidine/Mirvaso (had severe reaction), Oracea, Diane35, Avene creams, Laroche Posay creams, Metronidazole pills AND cream

Comment

Nars tinted moisturizer is also good as a non-makeup , sheer , cover for redness.

Comment

Done. Just click on the link in my signature and scroll down to the last picture. Not necessarily my best makeup performance, but I wanted you to see the result right away as it is.
            Thank you, the BBcreme really does do its work. Tomorrow im gonna look for a bbcreme, cant wait for it.

Originally posted by roz View Post
            Nars tinted moisturizer is also good as a non-makeup , sheer , cover for redness.

Thanks for the tip, will do some reseasch on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by lookoutnoob View Post
              Thank you, the BBcreme really does do its work. Tomorrow im gonna look for a bbcreme, cant wait for it.
              Not all bb cream are equal. I've spent a lot of $$$ before finding one that really hides redness. The ones you can find easily in pharmacies (Garnier, Maybeline ect...) are worthless for rosacean skin.

If you want to try Missha, here's the seller from which I bought last time. Shipping is free (or 2.50 to get a tracking number) and it is normally sent very quickly :
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/MISSHA-M-Per...item3364a7b089

Good luck to you!
              My rosacea in pictures
              Currently using :
              "Finacea"
              -----
              Treatments that failed :

Comment

Not all bb cream are equal. I've spent a lot of $$$ before finding one that really hides redness. The ones you can find easily in pharmacies (Garnier, Maybeline ect...) are worthless for rosacean skin.

If you want to try Missha, here's the seller from which I bought last time. Shipping is free (or 2.50 to get a tracking number) and it is normally sent very quickly :
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/MISSHA-M-Per...item3364a7b089

Good luck to you!
                Thanks for the link, I bought it and it is here with a week they said. I really hope that this will give me some self-confidence. Also hope this isnt bad for my skin.

Comment

You can also try the Avene product line for make-up. I use the green concealer and powder if I have a bad day. It's not the best product out there but it reduces the flushing redness significantly. You can buy those products at Dutch webshops.

Comment

Originally posted by robertze View Post
                    You can also try the Avene product line for make-up. I use the green concealer and powder if I have a bad day. It's not the best product out there but it reduces the flushing redness significantly. You can buy those products at Dutch webshops.
                    Hey Robert, I live in the netherlands too, can you send me a link of what you are using? Monday is my first school day and im actually pretty scared to go, would be nice if I could cover up for that day

Comment

Tried the BBcreme...

I just bought BB creme from garnier and nivea, and they both give my face a lot of flakes, you can definitely see that I wear bbcreme and it doenst look natural at all... How much bbcreme should I use and does it maybe take some times before it looks natural? Do I need more make-up? I also tried to mix it with my metrogel, which has the same effect... im really disappointed

Comment

Bb creams available at the pharmacy really don't give a good finish!

I shared many tips here : http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...283#post301283

Actually you can read the whole thread since it is about the exact same subject.
                        Fingers crossed that missha bb cream will work for you as it does for me! I find Missha products to be WAY above all the other bb creams!!

My rosacea in pictures
                        Currently using :
                        "Finacea"
                        -----
                        Treatments that failed :

Comment

Working...
                        X