Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finacea /azelai acid, does it worsen Rosacea?!?!?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finacea /azelai acid, does it worsen Rosacea?!?!?!

    Hi everyone! pls. help me with this...

    I started to use finacea/Azelaic Acid 15% for about 1 week ago and it REALLY
    burns, stings and it makes my face RED like a tomato, more red than ever! I flush a lot
    other times to but Finacea make me think that maybe i dont tolerate it??

    What your experience...

    did u get red on the cheeks to???
    I dont have so many P&p.s... many small bumps only... my problem is
    red cheeks mostly and flush attacks...

    shall i give finacea a chance or does it WORSEN my rosacea because it makes me totally RED
    in 1hour or so...

    please answer, im really sad about this and want the cream to help =(
    I take Tetralysal antibiotik tabletts to.

    sorry for my bad english.

  • #2
    If your medication is painful/uncomfortable, go back to the prescriber and get it changed.

    You should not have to suffer even more from the thing(s) that are supposed to help your condition.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
      If your medication is painful/uncomfortable, go back to the prescriber and get it changed.

      You should not have to suffer even more from the thing(s) that are supposed to help your condition.


      Hi!

      Thank u for your answer... I ask because i read that the symtomts in the beginning when usin finacea can make your skin red and itchy... and maybe i have to be patient?

      have anyone had that experience, that u took Finacea and that it didnt sting and burn after some weeks?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tjejjen View Post
        Hi!

        Thank u for your answer... I ask because i read that the symtomts in the beginning when usin finacea can make your skin red and itchy... and maybe i have to be patient?

        have anyone had that experience, that u took Finacea and that it didnt sting and burn after some weeks?
        When I first used finacea it tingled when I put it on, I wouldn't say it burned but did sting a bit. After a couple weeks of nightly use I no longer felt that sensation or maybe just a slight tingle but it was not uncomfortable. I've tried finacea several times for 2 or 3 month intervals and it just didn't seem to help me in the long run. Each time it seemed to help for a few weeks and then things just got back to the normal P&P outbreaks. I seem to experience that with most topicals or wash, they seem to help for a couple weeks and then my skin goes right back to its old behavior.

        -Dave-

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Finacea

          Originally posted by Tjejjen View Post
          Hi everyone! pls. help me with this...

          I started to use finacea/Azelaic Acid 15% for about 1 week ago and it REALLY
          burns, stings and it makes my face RED like a tomato, more red than ever! I flush a lot
          other times to but Finacea make me think that maybe i dont tolerate it??

          What your experience...

          did u get red on the cheeks to???
          I dont have so many P&p.s... many small bumps only... my problem is
          red cheeks mostly and flush attacks...

          shall i give finacea a chance or does it WORSEN my rosacea because it makes me totally RED
          in 1hour or so...

          please answer, im really sad about this and want the cream to help =(
          I take Tetralysal antibiotik tabletts to.

          sorry for my bad english.
          Hi Tjejjen:

          Just wanted to tell you, I used Finacea about 16 years ago and it burned me pretty badly! Only Noritate and Metrojel are well-tolerated. I also wash with Selsun Blue shampoo and it clears up my face with only two large, red patches left! Nothing works
          to totally clear me up.

          You might want to try something new, what about Lasers or tetracyclines?

          P.S. Where do you live? Scandinavia?

          Thanks
          Jasmine

          Comment

          Working...
          X