Is this just rosacea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this just rosacea?

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum but I reckon if anyone understands what i'm going through then it would be you guys! I've had terrible skin ever since I was a teenager, but unfortunately even after those hormonal teenage acne years my skin was still awful. Its permanently red around my cheeks and nose and very sensitive. The degree of redness tends to vary time to time but i've never had any luck in clearing it up. Makeup is a life saver! Every so often my skin gets really sore, like now for example. My nose and one of my cheeks is really tender and sore to touch. I have little bumps on my face and nose which expel a clear liquid which turns crusty. When my skin gets this bad I can't even cover it up with makeup and i feel really self concious whenever i have to go outside. I also have very dry flaky skin which no moisturiser can seem to help.
    I feel like i've tried everything over the years. I've lost faith in antibiotics and medicated soaps and lotions, Some just made the problem much worse. Currently I eat a healthy diet, avoid all foods I even have a mild intolerance to, no spicy food or junk food and very occasional alcohol.
    So firstly i'm just wondering if the dry red flaky sore skin with the clear liquid is a symptom of rosacea, if does anyone have an idea to what could be causing it. And secondly, what's the simple things you've found that helps out? Thanks in advance for the answers

Originally posted by Roses View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum but I reckon if anyone understands what i'm going through then it would be you guys! I've had terrible skin ever since I was a teenager, but unfortunately even after those hormonal teenage acne years my skin was still awful. Its permanently red around my cheeks and nose and very sensitive. The degree of redness tends to vary time to time but i've never had any luck in clearing it up. Makeup is a life saver! Every so often my skin gets really sore, like now for example. My nose and one of my cheeks is really tender and sore to touch. I have little bumps on my face and nose which expel a clear liquid which turns crusty. When my skin gets this bad I can't even cover it up with makeup and i feel really self concious whenever i have to go outside. I also have very dry flaky skin which no moisturiser can seem to help.
    I feel like i've tried everything over the years. I've lost faith in antibiotics and medicated soaps and lotions, Some just made the problem much worse. Currently I eat a healthy diet, avoid all foods I even have a mild intolerance to, no spicy food or junk food and very occasional alcohol.
    So firstly i'm just wondering if the dry red flaky sore skin with the clear liquid is a symptom of rosacea, if does anyone have an idea to what could be causing it. And secondly, what's the simple things you've found that helps out? Thanks in advance for the answers
    Hi Roses and welcome to this forum. It sounds like you might have Seborrhoeic dermatitis rather than classic Rosacea. Have you seen a Dermatologist to get an accurate diagnosis?

-Dave-

Comment

Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. I seen a dermatologist about a year ago and she diagnosed me with acne rosacea. I cant really say I was pleased with this visit as she diagnosed me while sitting on the other side of her desk Not only that but the acne treatment for my face she prescribed me said Do not use on rosacea sensitive skin. After that i've just been sticking to a healthy diet and skin products for sensitive skin. As long the red bumps and clear liquid are under control then i'm happy enough just to cover it with makeup for now. Unfortunately it's back again and I still can't find a trigger. Is it possible to have rosacea and seb derm?

Comment

Originally posted by Roses View Post
        Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. I seen a dermatologist about a year ago and she diagnosed me with acne rosacea. I cant really say I was pleased with this visit as she diagnosed me while sitting on the other side of her desk Not only that but the acne treatment for my face she prescribed me said Do not use on rosacea sensitive skin. After that i've just been sticking to a healthy diet and skin products for sensitive skin. As long the red bumps and clear liquid are under control then i'm happy enough just to cover it with makeup for now. Unfortunately it's back again and I still can't find a trigger. Is it possible to have rosacea and seb derm?
        Yes, you can have both conditions at the same time. Lucky us.

"Patients with rosacea frequently present with coexisting skin conditions, such as seborrheic dermatitis, acne, perioral dermatitis, and melasma, which may complicate diagnosis and treatment"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21228729

Comment

Working...
        X