Trigger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger question

Learning my triggers, and so far the usual: sugar, hormones, visits to my in-laws (not kidding!), cold temperatures. But here is one that has me puzzled: Lead paint.

I bought an old house a while back, (1920's) and am renovating it. It's a lot of work, and it has tons of old paint that I am removing.
    I am of course protecting my lungs with a serious mask, protecting my eyes, cover my body as much as I can, but every time I am scraping and sanding, I have a bad case of P&P's the next day.

Anyone experience with that?

Went to a new dermatologist, who put me a new meds regimen, starting tomorrow:

Sulphur face wash (so not only do I look like a tomato with pimples, now I also will have to smell like a witch?), metrogel at night, finacea in the morning and a topical antibiotic. We'll see how it goes.

WKZ
    CURRENTLY:

*5% Sulfur facewash twice a day
    * Finacea in the am
    * topical antibiotic twice a day
    * Metrogel 1 % in the pm

Diet and supplements
    * No refined sugar
    * Triphala
    * Zyrtec

PREVIOUSLY - NOT SUCCESSFUL:
    * Doryx 75 mg
    *Topical: Eurax 10 %
    --
    * Butt paste (Yes, that stuff for diaper rash) at night
    * Sun screen, SPF 40.
    --
    * B-Complex
    * Zinc
    * Lysine
    * Pro-biotics
    --
    * Eucerin Redness Relief
    * Clinique Redness Relief mineral powder.

It might be, as you think, that the lead paint is a very specific trigger (for you).

Certainly, paint fumes will cause me to flush. As does, quite often, a lot of dust (the flush here, perhaps oddly, is not immediate but comes hours after exposure). As does, wearing a mask..(the choice: lung cancer in twenty years or a red face right now prompts much deep thought)

Of course, the sheer exasperation that accompanies the sort of montonous preparation work you're doing might explain quite a lot...

If you can afford it..even if you cannot..my advice: get someone else to do it.

Comment

Thanks GJ,

In that case, well, I'll be accepting donations to hire someone, or am inviting anyone on this forum who has no Rosacea reaction to lead paint, paint dust, masks, or monotonous sanding and scraping, to help me finish this house!

WKZ
      CURRENTLY:

*5% Sulfur facewash twice a day
      * Finacea in the am
      * topical antibiotic twice a day
      * Metrogel 1 % in the pm

Diet and supplements
      * No refined sugar
      * Triphala
      * Zyrtec

PREVIOUSLY - NOT SUCCESSFUL:
      * Doryx 75 mg
      *Topical: Eurax 10 %
      --
      * Butt paste (Yes, that stuff for diaper rash) at night
      * Sun screen, SPF 40.
      --
      * B-Complex
      * Zinc
      * Lysine
      * Pro-biotics
      --
      * Eucerin Redness Relief
      * Clinique Redness Relief mineral powder.

Comment

Working...
      X