Rosacea almost gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosacea almost gone

Just would like to update, my Rosacea is almost all gone. It has been slowly healing. I think in the next few weeks it will be completely gone. I achieved this by doing whole30 first, but then switched to plant based whole foods diet 80% of the time because I feel its healthier. Whole30 is not meant for long term anyway. Its more of to reset your body. I learned that wheat definitely makes my rosacea flare. I also cut out dairy mostly. I did allow myself pizza one night after a month and did not notice any flare ups. But dairy is not great for you, so I will continue to avoid it and only have it once in a while as a treat. I am feeling great. The first few weeks when I was more strict it felt so boring, but I noticed improvements so it made me keep going.

If you are interested check out forks over knives website. I also read The china study, how not to die and medical medium. It helped me stay motivated.

Originally posted by Mamabear2012 View Post
    Just would like to update, my Rosacea is almost all gone. It has been slowly healing. I think in the next few weeks it will be completely gone. I achieved this by doing whole30 first, but then switched to plant based whole foods diet 80% of the time because I feel its healthier. Whole30 is not meant for long term anyway. Its more of to reset your body. I learned that wheat definitely makes my rosacea flare. I also cut out dairy mostly. I did allow myself pizza one night after a month and did not notice any flare ups. But dairy is not great for you, so I will continue to avoid it and only have it once in a while as a treat. I am feeling great. The first few weeks when I was more strict it felt so boring, but I noticed improvements so it made me keep going.

If you are interested check out forks over knives website. I also read The china study, how not to die and medical medium. It helped me stay motivated.
    That's great news. What sort of symptoms did you have, redness and burning, or was it more acne rosacea? I have been paleo for months but tempted to do Whole30 to see if it helps.

Comment

It was redness and some tiny bumps. The redness was in between my eyebrows, cheeks and started spreading to chin. Sometimes I was not sure if it was eczema or rosacea. I never went through a flushing phase. It would look like I had sun burnt. It was so frustrating and mostly made me wonder what the heck was going on with my body.

If paleo is not working for you, perhaps trying plant based for a few months. Google forks over knives. Plant based is different from vegan, as there is a lot of vegan junk foods. I think plant based is a bit extreme, so aim for a couple weeks and then keep going if you can or add some fish or meat a few times a week.

An example of what I eat in a day is: huge plate of brown rice, tofu, aubergine, carrots, avocado and broccoli. two apples, bowl of blackberries and blueberries. lemon water. green tea. coffee with oat milk. cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus and potatoes cooked in the oven. oatmeal with banana.

Comment

Forgot to mention, whole30 is similar to paleo I think, with just a few small tweaks....that is why I think if paleao does not work for you, better to try plant based whole foods. I think I would have done this before whole30, but I stumbled upon whole30 and was two weeks in when I stumbled upon the forksoveknives website and then became more interested in the plants based diet....I do not think I could give up meats and fish completely, which is why I have it 3 times a week. But try to keep mostly to plant whole foods.

Comment

Forgot to mention, whole30 is similar to paleo I think, with just a few small tweaks....that is why I think if paleao does not work for you, better to try plant based whole foods. I think I would have done this before whole30, but I stumbled upon whole30 and was two weeks in when I stumbled upon the forksoveknives website and then became more interested in the plants based diet....I do not think I could give up meats and fish completely, which is why I have it 3 times a week. But try to keep mostly to plant whole foods.
          So you mostly vegetarian now ?

Comment

I would say whole foods plant based, as vegeterian can still mean processed junk food. I still have some fish or meat, but not every day and not more then once in the day if I have it. For example during the week I might have one serving of fish and then the other meals get protein from tofu, beans, etc. During the weekend I will allow myself a burger with beef or roast chicken etc...I had gluten free pizza with cheese...bc I have to live a little and my face has slowly been improving. I would say in a few more weeks my rosacea will probably be gone. But it could take longer...it really is trial and error. When I added wheat back in my diet a few days, I had a flare and cut it right out again, which calmed it straight away. I allowed myself to have a burger with a wheat bun during the weekend and that was fine....but if i have wheat for breakfast and lunch for a few days then I get more red. Everyone is different and its about figuring out what works for you. I would say I try to eat plant based whole foods 80% of the time....but I am not ready and do not feel I need to go 100%

Comment

Thanks. My girlfriend is a nutritional scientist so would never go fully plant-based as it's not optimal for health. You miss out on so many vital nutrients from wild fish and pasture-raised meat. I'll give Whole30 a go though and see if it helps.

Comment

Good luck and dont be afraid of fruits. I eat a lot of fruits. I do not cut fish/meats out completely, as you see I eat them sometimes, just not daily. I think the problem with paleo and keto is it is too much meat, which is not the best for your health either. I think in moderation fine. Let me know how it goes. When I did whole30 I saw a reduction after a few days so it def helps. And I learned from it that I am sensitive to wheat, even though a blood test did not reveal that. I know because after a few weeks I tried eating wheat again and had it a few days and my face got more red...then I stopped and again its on the way to being almost clear. I think if I perhaps stop coffee again it would be clear, but that is my ultimate guilty pleasure....I am so addicted. I managed to stop coffee for 4 days....but then had to have it again.

Comment

Good luck and dont be afraid of fruits. I eat a lot of fruits. I do not cut fish/meats out completely, as you see I eat them sometimes, just not daily. I think the problem with paleo and keto is it is too much meat, which is not the best for your health either. I think in moderation fine. Let me know how it goes. When I did whole30 I saw a reduction after a few days so it def helps. And I learned from it that I am sensitive to wheat, even though a blood test did not reveal that. I know because after a few weeks I tried eating wheat again and had it a few days and my face got more red...then I stopped and again its on the way to being almost clear. I think if I perhaps stop coffee again it would be clear, but that is my ultimate guilty pleasure....I am so addicted. I managed to stop coffee for 4 days....but then had to have it again.
                  I?m trying to do the same thing have done for four months no change yet. I?m hoping to do the Zoe Test when it comes out

Comment

Glad to hear that your almost free

Veg, tofu, apples and at least a liter of water a 3/4 day really cleared up my rosacea. One hamburger (no cheese) a week is allowed as a treat

Comment

Update

Originally posted by Paul Landon View Post
                      Veg, tofu, apples and at least a liter of water a 3/4 day really cleared up my rosacea. One hamburger (no cheese) a week is allowed as a treat
                      I mean one liter of water a day, not with each meal

Comment

When I became vegan and started to drink a lot of water I cleared up my rosacea as well

Comment

Working...
                        X