Fluoride/fluorine is a bad guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluoride/fluorine is a bad guy.

It's been a while since I've posted here on the forums because I've been focusing on incorporating different diets into my life. For the past 3 years I have experimented with probably every diet known to mankind, from carnivore to veganism, Foodmap , Glutens, Histamines, Salicylates ect. I have been eliminating ingredients or doing provocation tests. I tested my levels of all vitamins and trace elements and visited 20-25 doctors of various specialties. No one could help me.

To return briefly to my story, I have been struggling with my red face for 20 years; dermatologists, ointments, medications, and lasers have been of little or no help. Diet also seemed to help only for a while or not at all.

However, the last time I experimented was not time wasted because I found out that the effects of flushing and red face usually occur after eating, the worst was in the afternoon and evening, and I felt and looked my best first thing in the morning. At that point I couldn't think of anything else because I thought I had exhausted all the sensible ways.
    Another clue for me was that after showers the skin on my cheeks noticeably worsened. So I started to look at tap water. What is added to the water. My first thought was, well, chlorine. So I started experimenting with chlorine but it didn't have much effect, I was still in a pickle.

In my country the water can also contain arsenic from pipes and artificially added chlorine. The former I could not check, but the latter I did. I have significantly reduced the amount of fluoride I consume. I replaced the toothpaste with a fluoride free one and installed a simple activated carbon filter on the shower tap to catch 50-60% of the fluoride as described by the manufacturer. I ordered a jug which is supposed to catch up to 95% of fluoride so that I can drink from it. I have limited the foods that contain high amounts of fluoride, especially tea, which extracts fluoride from the soil. In addition, fluoride-rich foods include water, which accounts for most fluoride intake (especially high fluoride content), spinach, sea fish, milk, walnuts, etc.

Everyone can check which foods are high in fluoride. I have been on this diet for 2 weeks now and I am not restricting myself in anything else and the results are stunningly good so far. In the meantime, although it has been a challenging week, I have not had any flushing. The red on my cheeks has visibly diminished. I am beginning to believe that I have found the answer to a question that has plagued me for 20 years. The next step will be to install a reverse osmosis system on all taps to rid the tap water of fluoride, both the one I drink and the one I shower in, and hopefully in a few weeks the effect will be permanent.

Originally posted by RedMage View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted here on the forums because I've been focusing on incorporating different diets into my life. For the past 3 years I have experimented with probably every diet known to mankind, from carnivore to veganism, Foodmap , Glutens, Histamines, Salicylates ect. I have been eliminating ingredients or doing provocation tests. I tested my levels of all vitamins and trace elements and visited 20-25 doctors of various specialties. No one could help me.

To return briefly to my story, I have been struggling with my red face for 20 years; dermatologists, ointments, medications, and lasers have been of little or no help. Diet also seemed to help only for a while or not at all.

However, the last time I experimented was not time wasted because I found out that the effects of flushing and red face usually occur after eating, the worst was in the afternoon and evening, and I felt and looked my best first thing in the morning. At that point I couldn't think of anything else because I thought I had exhausted all the sensible ways.
    Another clue for me was that after showers the skin on my cheeks noticeably worsened. So I started to look at tap water. What is added to the water. My first thought was, well, chlorine. So I started experimenting with chlorine but it didn't have much effect, I was still in a pickle.

In my country the water can also contain arsenic from pipes and artificially added chlorine. The former I could not check, but the latter I did. I have significantly reduced the amount of fluoride I consume. I replaced the toothpaste with a fluoride free one and installed a simple activated carbon filter on the shower tap to catch 50-60% of the fluoride as described by the manufacturer. I ordered a jug which is supposed to catch up to 95% of fluoride so that I can drink from it. I have limited the foods that contain high amounts of fluoride, especially tea, which extracts fluoride from the soil. In addition, fluoride-rich foods include water, which accounts for most fluoride intake (especially high fluoride content), spinach, sea fish, milk, walnuts, etc.

Everyone can check which foods are high in fluoride. I have been on this diet for 2 weeks now and I am not restricting myself in anything else and the results are stunningly good so far. In the meantime, although it has been a challenging week, I have not had any flushing. The red on my cheeks has visibly diminished. I am beginning to believe that I have found the answer to a question that has plagued me for 20 years. The next step will be to install a reverse osmosis system on all taps to rid the tap water of fluoride, both the one I drink and the one I shower in, and hopefully in a few weeks the effect will be permanent.
    Wouldn't it be incredible if it were possible to gather together say 10K rosaceans together and each donated $1 to conduct a double blind, placebo controlled, peer reviewed clinical study to confirm that fluoride/fluorine is an actual rosacea trigger. If such a group of rosaceans existed and actually had the $10K to offer a reputable clinician to conduct such a clinical study, do you think a reputable clinician would do this? Of course, getting 10K rosaceans to agree on such an endeavor would be a miracle in itself.

We can hope that your personal anecdotal experiment with avoiding fluoride/flourine works out for you. Does bottled water contain fluoride/flourine?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post

Wouldn't it be incredible if it were possible to gather together say 10K rosaceans together and each donated $1 to conduct a double blind, placebo controlled, peer reviewed clinical study to confirm that fluoride/fluorine is an actual rosacea trigger. If such a group of rosaceans existed and actually had the $10K to offer a reputable clinician to conduct such a clinical study, do you think a reputable clinician would do this? Of course, getting 10K rosaceans to agree on such an endeavor would be a miracle in itself.

We can hope that your personal anecdotal experiment with avoiding fluoride/flourine works out for you. Does bottled water contain fluoride/flourine?
      Yeah its great idea. The bottled water also contains fluoride depends on the water kind though it can always be checked at the label.

Comment

I also use a chlorine filter on the shower head. I wash wash my hair over the sink with it. And then only wash face and ears with mineral water from a bowl. Here is the shower filter I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On diet, there was a holistic board certified dermatologist in New York who had some helpful advice, and I use a lot of his advice on supplements etc. He wrote a book 'Radiant Skin' by Alan Dattner. One of the best supplements he recommended was Integrative Therapeutics Similase GFCF which reduces the impact of eating small amounts of dairy and sugar (and in theory wheat, although I try to completely avoid wheat as it is terrible for rosacea).

Comment

Working...
        X