Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have anyone tried active/activated carbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have anyone tried active/activated carbon?

I have interesting observations after a few weeks of testing activated carbon. Discovered completely by chance when I had stomach problems due to moldy blueberries. After 3 days of using activated charcoal, the stomach problems were resolved and the redness in the face and flushing were greatly reduced.

I didn't take it for redness, so after the first use I put the remaining tablets back in the medicine cabinet. Two months later I had stomach problems again and knowing that activated charcoal quickly solved them I used them again for 4 days. The redness effect was amazing. Only then did I realize and combine the facts from 2 months ago.

After putting the activated charcoal aside, the redness returns to its previous state after a few days. I am currently using 150mg tablets once a day for the last 7 days. After 3 days, the effect was satisfactory. However, according to the descriptions, it should not be used without medical supervision for more than 7 days, so today is also the last day that I will use activated charcoal. I expect the redness and flushing to come back slowly. I will watch how quickly it comes back.

After about 10 days, I will probably start using activated charcoal again, at the moment it is the thing that helps me most with redness on my face, especially since the autumn and winter period was associated with a significant deterioration in my condition. If anyone has had any experience or knows what it may be, I will gladly exchange experiences.

Originally posted by RedMage View Post
    I have interesting observations after a few weeks of testing activated carbon. Discovered completely by chance when I had stomach problems due to moldy blueberries. After 3 days of using activated charcoal, the stomach problems were resolved and the redness in the face and flushing were greatly reduced.

I didn't take it for redness, so after the first use I put the remaining tablets back in the medicine cabinet. Two months later I had stomach problems again and knowing that activated charcoal quickly solved them I used them again for 4 days. The redness effect was amazing. Only then did I realize and combine the facts from 2 months ago.

After putting the activated charcoal aside, the redness returns to its previous state after a few days. I am currently using 150mg tablets once a day for the last 7 days. After 3 days, the effect was satisfactory. However, according to the descriptions, it should not be used without medical supervision for more than 7 days, so today is also the last day that I will use activated charcoal. I expect the redness and flushing to come back slowly. I will watch how quickly it comes back.

After about 10 days, I will probably start using activated charcoal again, at the moment it is the thing that helps me most with redness on my face, especially since the autumn and winter period was associated with a significant deterioration in my condition. If anyone has had any experience or knows what it may be, I will gladly exchange experiences.
    Rosacea has been strongly linked to gut issues due to bacterial and fungal overgrowth. Too much H. Pylori bacteria in the gut has been linked to Rosacea Subtype 1. Small Intestinal Bacterial overgrowth and/or Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth have been linked to Rosacea Subtype 2 with papules and pustules. SIBO and SIFO can occur separately or at the same time. Medical tests exist to check for all of these conditions. Medical treatments exist for all 3 conditions. The correct antibiotic can clear bacterial overgrowth. The best antibiotic will depend on which bacteria is causing the issues. Antibiotics used to treat gut issues are different from those typically prescribed for the skin. Antifungal drugs are available to treat SIFO. Some people prefer to try and treat the issues with more natural remedies.

A healthy, well balanced diet rich in fiber and probiotics and low in sugar are vital to keep the gut healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineA View Post

Rosacea has been strongly linked to gut issues due to bacterial and fungal overgrowth. Too much H. Pylori bacteria in the gut has been linked to Rosacea Subtype 1. Small Intestinal Bacterial overgrowth and/or Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth have been linked to Rosacea Subtype 2 with papules and pustules. SIBO and SIFO can occur separately or at the same time. Medical tests exist to check for all of these conditions. Medical treatments exist for all 3 conditions. The correct antibiotic can clear bacterial overgrowth. The best antibiotic will depend on which bacteria is causing the issues. Antibiotics used to treat gut issues are different from those typically prescribed for the skin. Antifungal drugs are available to treat SIFO. Some people prefer to try and treat the issues with more natural remedies.

A healthy, well balanced diet rich in fiber and probiotics and low in sugar are vital to keep the gut healthy.
      Yes taht make a lot of sense. I have Subtype 1 Rosacea, mostly with flushing. I have been using Fluconazole tablets against Candida fungi for several weeks.

I noticed a strange white coating on my tongue, which is one of the symptoms of Candida Albicans. In addition,to this I go to a low-carbohydrate diet.

We'll see how it unfolds, for now the effects are at 50%. In fact, flushing occurs much less frequently, but once it does, it is quite strong.

I was at the Gastrologist, I had a bowel excision for H Pylori, but the result was normal, so I don't suspect these bacteria. But the fungi could be it. In SIFO, I haven't seen symptoms that cause redness or flushing, but there are probably a lot of such nonspecific related symptoms.

Comment

Working...
      X