Global AD

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you protect your skin in the winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you protect your skin in the winter?

I'm just wondering how people here protect their skin in the winter. Do you wear a scarf? Any sort of facial covering? If so, what material/fabric?

Originally posted by DylanG View Post
    I'm just wondering how people here protect their skin in the winter. Do you wear a scarf? Any sort of facial covering? If so, what material/fabric?
    I try my best not to spend too much time out in the bitter cold because it does damage my skin. But if I do have to be out in it I wear a jacket with a large hood. I zip the jacket all the way up and the hood does a pretty nice job of protecting me from the wind/snow etc. I may look stupid but I really don't care. I probably also look stupid with the big hat I wear when I do yard work in the summer.

Comment

I use a glycerin/petrolatum-based lotion on my face in the winter, and always wear a scarf and hat, too. Also, I have Raynaud's in my feet, so I am never ever the one who does the shoveling in the snow. ;)

Originally posted by flying_er View Post
      I probably also look stupid with the big hat I wear when I do yard work in the summer.
      I carry an umbrella all summer long. I gave up worrying about what people thought long ago. ;)

Comment

I have pretty good results with using a thick scarf to shield my face. I bike a lot in the winter, and this is brutal to my skin without covering my face. For biking, I use a full-on ski mask and that works pretty well. But when I am just out walking around in the cold, I use a thick wool scarf that I wind tightly and adjust so that it forms a nice barrier in front of my face but doesn't rub against it. This helps a lot, and also helps with the extreme flushing that I would always get when I go from the cold to an over-heated (or even normally warm) room.

Originally posted by DylanG View Post

Comment

I am using skin care cream and that of natural because it make our skin glow and has no side effect. I just want to know which will be the best skin care cream to remove wrinkles.

Comment

Apply moisturizer to your skin every morning, and every time after you wash your skin.

Comment

Had this Same question. I was reading that a silk scarf is best for close contact to facial skin and I was about to purchase one but it needs to be hand washed. So I wondered if hand washing would actually be sufficient to get rid of dermodex mites or if I’d just be creating a cozy little ecosystem for them to squish up against my face every day… Rosacea is so overwhelming. Everything is a trigger.

Comment

In winter, people protect their skin by moisturizing with rich creams, wearing scarves made of soft materials like wool or cashmere to shield from cold winds, and opting for breathable facial coverings like balaclavas. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher safeguards exposed areas, while moisturizing lip balms prevent chapping. Indoor humidifiers counteract dry heating, preserving skin moisture. These practices ensure skin remains hydrated, nourished, and shielded from harsh winter conditions.

Comment

Working...
                X