Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no improvement with extremely limited diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no improvement with extremely limited diet?

Hi, I'm new to this group...but anyways I've had rosacea for about three months. Right away, even when i only suspected I had this disease I began seriously altering my diet. NO sugar, NO alcohol, NO red meats, NO diary, NO hot drinks, NO caffeine. Recently I've even given up fruit suspecting that maybe even cutting out healthy sugar might help. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna to try and calm inflammation. Green vegetables, almonds. Occasionally white meat turkey. Even with this extremely restricted and healthy diet, I have seen NO improvement whatsoever. I've heard that an extremely healthy diet can really help, but I'm actually still getting a lot worse. What am I doing wrong...? Three months of this and it's not paying off at all...

Grains. Did you cut grains? the gluten in wheat can kill your face. Other grains have gluten, too.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Comment

Write down the food you do eat. fruits have fructose. there are few other sugars. I had outbreaks from turkey , so try cutting it out. Did you do blood tests?

Comment

Yes I did cut out all grains as well...forgot to mention that haha and no I have not had blood tests done

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear122 View Post
          Yes I did cut out all grains as well...forgot to mention that haha and no I have not had blood tests done
          Oh, boo. I thought that would be the missing link.

I cut them ALLLLLLL out and improvements came like crazy.

did you try "my" topicals? see below.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
            Oh, boo. I thought that would be the missing link.

I cut them ALLLLLLL out and improvements came like crazy.

did you try "my" topicals? see below.
            Topicals scare me because my skin is SOOOOO sensitive...it can barely be touched...the most I've tried is apple cider vinegar, saw some improvement but then it just came back again

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear122 View Post
              Topicals scare me because my skin is SOOOOO sensitive...it can barely be touched...the most I've tried is apple cider vinegar, saw some improvement but then it just came back again
              Mine was really sensitive, too. Really, really. I couldn't wear moisturizer. I started the "borax solution" on a Friday aft, I figured I'd have all weekend if things went wrong. But to my surprise it all got better and better. I mixed up one ounce of it as described and patted it on several times per day. Lightly pat-pat, just finger tips.

Comment

With the right diet you don't have to put anything on your face. Sure it helps to heal and treat it, but I would suggest to do IgG test for the foods you currently eat. Treating your skin won't help to cure the cause, unless it is the skins fault, but if it is Rosacea, then the right diet should work. Write down all the foods you eat so we can see, which could still cause problems.
                I used the cream Brady suggests ZhongZhon in the evenings and some psoria-gold in the morning for treating and healing my skin. but at the moment I don't use anything.
                Last edited by Lamby; 11 April 2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Ghost: I'm afraid to use the borax solution because I don't really have papules or pustules, just redness so I don't know if it will really be effective. What do you think?

Lamby: I am trying SO HARD to find the right diet...but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Comment

-Lamb, which for some reason is the only meat, that is non-alergic.
                    -Fish
                    -Green vegetables (avoiding Brussels sprout, swedes and sweet potatoes, because for some reason I get break outs from those)
                    -Almonds

Do you eat anything else apart from these products?

Comment

Tell us what you eat daily and perhaps there will be a glaring pitfall?

Is your redness constant or is it mostly exercise/emotional/heat related? How old are you?

It's normal to get red doing exercise and as people get old there skin can naturally get redder.

If your in your 20s with these issues, it's more of a cause for concern.

Normally a Low Carb Paleo approach should remove hidden inflammation from the diet and help. If not, I don't really have much added advice. No topical and i've tried tons has ever done anything magical for my skin.

Comment

Originally posted by johny View Post
                        Tell us what you eat daily and perhaps there will be a glaring pitfall?

Is your redness constant or is it mostly exercise/emotional/heat related? How old are you?

It's normal to get red doing exercise and as people get old there skin can naturally get redder.

If your in your 20s with these issues, it's more of a cause for concern.

Normally a Low Carb Paleo approach should remove hidden inflammation from the diet and help. If not, I don't really have much added advice. No topical and i've tried tons has ever done anything magical for my skin.
                        I am 19 years old...my redness is constant. In a given day this is generally what I eat: almonds, salmon or tuna, white onion, lettuce, basil leaves, oregano, occasionally black olives (I've heard they are anti-inflammatory), green vegetables. Honestly, this is about ALL i eat...occasional white meat turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Lamby View Post
                          -Lamb, which for some reason is the only meat, that is non-alergic.
                          -Fish
                          -Green vegetables (avoiding Brussels sprout, swedes and sweet potatoes, because for some reason I get break outs from those)
                          -Almonds

Do you eat anything else apart from these products?
                          Black olives, white meat turkey, basil, and oregano are the only things I eat that are apart from that

Comment

Turkey caused awful redness and out breaks for me. Not sure about olives tho, cause I do not eat those. I use olive oil tho. just make sure the olives ain't in some sort of marinade which contains sugar. How long have you been on the diet?
                            My advice is to save up some money for IgG tests and check the products you are currently eating. Also stick to the diet, because everything else is just short term. If you get really desperate, you can still try to eat only salmon and peas for a month and help your skin to cure. then add per one food slowly. but be warned, it is unhealthy. I lost 15 pounds during 2-3 months of that diet. then I added lamb meat, and now I am back to my normal weight. With those two creams I mentioned and the diet, it took me around 3 months to get rid of all the pimples and itch. I lost skin like a snake. The next 5 months or so I still had red pigmentation, but the itch and pimples were gone. Now it has been 9 months and I look handsome, yet I still have scars as a reminder on my cheeks. Waiting for the summer sun, to see if it affects me. heat(sauna)/exercise did not.

p.s. also be careful with almonds and other nuts. some people are allergic to those.
                            Last edited by Lamby; 11 April 2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamby View Post
                              Turkey caused awful redness and out breaks for me. Not sure about olives tho, cause I do not eat those. I use olive oil tho. just make sure the olives ain't in some sort of marinade which contains sugar. How long have you been on the diet?
                              My advice is to save up some money for IgG tests and check the products you are currently eating. Also stick to the diet, because everything else is just short term. If you get really desperate, you can still try to eat only salmon and peas for a month and help your skin to cure. then add per one food slowly. but be warned, it is unhealthy. I lost 15 pounds during 2-3 months of that diet. then I added lamb meat, and now I am back to my normal weight. With those two creams I mentioned and the diet, it took me around 3 months to get rid of all the pimples and itch. I lost skin like a snake. The next 5 months or so I still had red pigmentation, but the itch and pimples were gone. Now it has been 9 months and I look handsome, yet I still have scars as a reminder on my cheeks. Waiting for the summer sun, to see if it affects me. heat(sauna)/exercise did not.

p.s. also be careful with almonds and other nuts. some people are allergic to those.
                              I have been on this diet for about three months...and I have lost about 15 pounds as well

Comment

Working...
                              X