Swelling around the mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swelling around the mouth

For the longest time I've had swelling around the mouth, mostly under the corners of the lips. I have allergies to foods and also environmental allergies so don't know if it's from an allergy to something or just from the rosacea. Zyrtec doesn't help because I take that every day. Does anyone else have problems with swelling and do you know what causes it? It can drive you nuts trying to figure out what it's from! This week I've cut out food dye but it's not helping.

Yep I have swelling in the face, including the lips and around the mouth when I eat the wrong thing. I seem to react to dairy, citrus, gluten, tomatoes, yeast, and "high histamine" foods. Antihistamines do not help this problem.
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Queta! So for you it's certain foods that cause the swelling around your mouth? Maybe that's it for me too because I know high histamine foods do cause problems. Guess I better try cutting some of them out to see if it helps. I do eat some things with dairy in them, so maybe that's a problem like it is for you too. I read on one of your other threads that you were taking histame. Is it still helping?

Comment

does high dose vitamin c help?
        Doug

Comment

Yes, it seems to.
          Queta
          "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

how long after starting high dose Vit C did your allergies get better?
            Doug

Comment

I'm not sure because I was using other things (antihistamine, steroid spray once in a great while) when I first started the Vit C then I stopped the other things and monitored my swelling-it was better with the Vit C but I am also using quecetin, magnesium, and Histame. The addition of Vit C helped but it wasn't the only thing that is helping. If you decide to try it start slowly because it has a laxative effect. I won't be on the computer for a few weeks so I suggest you do some research if you have more questions. Let me know if you decide to try it!
              Cheers
              Queta
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

thanks! I decided to try high dose vit c and see what happens.. i have read to keep increasing your dose until your stools are loose (diarhea). Then drop the dose 1000-2000 mg. For some this could be as little as 1000 and for some as high as 15000mg.. I will keep everyone updated.
                Doug

Comment

Hi
                  I figured out that I can now take 2000 mg of the buffered Vit C powder and 200 mg magnesium twice daily and am okay with my digestion. Please be careful when taking large amounts of Vit C because I have read that your body gets used to large amounts and if you stop taking the Vit C suddenly it can lead to malnutrition. Also, am finding that Nasalcrom spray (OTC) is helping my facial swelling.
                  Regards
                  Queta
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                  X