Thread: Success with sweet almond oil!!

Default Success with sweet almond oil!!

I have had dry skin for ages aswell and tightness after washing.I brought some sweet almond oil from a health shop and started using it as well as my moisteriser.After a week i have had no problems with my dryness!!skin also feels smooth.I've been apply it neat the last few days without using moisturiser.Just wonder if anybody knows if its ok to use this dailey??I know its classed as a carrier oil and is ok to use neat on skin and is also used as a mixer for other oils.Now i just gotta find some oils to mix with it to reduce the redness!!!

Default Re: Success with sweet almond oil!!

I haven't tried sweet almond oil but I have a long list of oils that I will eventually experiment with. It's a slow process.

Two other carrier oils that I have tried are Jojoba Oil and Rose Hip Oil - both are great but I really love the silky feeling that the Rose Hip Oil leaves on my face.

With all the oils I have experimented with, I pop a few drops into damp hands, apply to a damp face and allow to dry naturally on my face.

Other oils I have added to the carrier oil, just one or two drops (small amounts are best with oils) include Tea Tree Oil and Hemp Seed Oil. There are quite a few oils I want to experiment with yet.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

i just brought some jojoba oil i'll give that a try and see how i get on with that.yeh im looking at trying differnt oils.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by evra01 View Post
    I have had dry skin for ages aswell and tightness after washing.I brought some sweet almond oil from a health shop and started using it as well as my moisteriser.After a week i have had no problems with my dryness!!skin also feels smooth.I've been apply it neat the last few days without using moisturiser.Just wonder if anybody knows if its ok to use this dailey??I know its classed as a carrier oil and is ok to use neat on skin and is also used as a mixer for other oils.Now i just gotta find some oils to mix with it to reduce the redness!!!
    Almond oil is fine for reducing dryness but using the lemon oil which is known as miracle oil for skin and hair will be more beneficial. The best thing is you can use it daily without any harmful effect. It can help your skin from both ends internally and externally. The vitamin C found in it will improve your skin internally while it will moisturize your skin externally and retain its elasticity to provide younger and softer skin.

I have tried many different oils as a carrier for a 4% solution of Tea Tree Oil to use on my face and have found Sweet Almond Oil to be the best. Jojoba oil actually made my skin drier... odd, but true.

Sweet Almond Oil has worked very well for me... both as a straight moisturizer and as a carrier for the drops of Tea Tree Oil.