Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Yogurt & Seb Derm

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NASHVILLE, TN
    Posts
    201

    Default Yogurt & Seb Derm

    Ok I know this sounds stupid but here goes. Yogurt is suppose to be a natural cure for women with yeast infections. If seb derm is caused by yeast then wouldn't yogurt also work on the face?

    I am not suggesting to wear it all day but you could put it on as a mask for a few minutes then wash it off.

    Does anyone have thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Buster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I dont think it will be very helpful for your seborrheic dermatitis.
    I say this because the biggest problem is sebum production and over active immune defense and hormones.
    But anyways, yoghurt is not a good delivery vehicle, so the active stuff in the yoghurt will not reach into the skin to where it can be effective.

    I do not think there are simple solutions like this for seborrheic dermatitis. If there was, seborrheic dermatitis would not be a problem.
    I have read that crude honey applied topically can be better than placebo for seb derm, and I think there might be something in that since honey contains a lot of active substances and the propolis in the honey is one of the most potent anti biotics in nature.
    Aloe vera I have read also can be helpful.

    Of those three I think a pure aloe vera gel will be the best choice.

    But I will put my money on the CCC from dermadoctor or a similar good topical lotion any day (well, there are not too many good topicals , but the CCC is one of them)

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster
    I dont think it will be very helpful for your seborrheic dermatitis.
    I say this because the biggest problem is sebum production and over active immune defense and hormones.
    But anyways, yoghurt is not a good delivery vehicle, so the active stuff in the yoghurt will not reach into the skin to where it can be effective.

    I do not think there are simple solutions like this for seborrheic dermatitis. If there was, seborrheic dermatitis would not be a problem.
    I have read that crude honey applied topically can be better than placebo for seb derm, and I think there might be something in that since honey contains a lot of active substances and the propolis in the honey is one of the most potent anti biotics in nature.
    Aloe vera I have read also can be helpful.

    Of those three I think a pure aloe vera gel will be the best choice.

    But I will put my money on the CCC from dermadoctor or a similar good topical lotion any day (well, there are not too many good topicals , but the CCC is one of them)
    Over-active immune system? I thought that seb derm was an immunodeficiency disorder, that is, an innate, acquired, or induced inability to develop a normal immune response. That's why around 85% of HIV(human immunodeficiency virus) patients have seb derm. Does anyone know for sure?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NASHVILLE, TN
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Hi Buster,

    It is wishful thinking on my part to hope that something as simple as yogurt could be helpful.

    I keep hoping that one day someone will find a cure for rosacea and seb derm and it will be as simple as taking an aspirin.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Well taking an aspirin doesn't cure anything, like virtually all western medicine it just masks the symptoms and furthermore puts great stress on your liver.

    When it comes to treating seb derm it is best to avoid western medicine because the topicals are so harsh and can cause especially long term/permanent damage to your skin. And anyway, again western medicines just tries to cover up the problem; it doesn't attack the underlying cause.

    It is much safer to treat seb derm from a natural/holistic point of view and you are much more likely to gain long term benefits from doing so.

    Firstly you need to assess what is causing the underlying problem. Ruling out candida albicans is a good start. Try taking extra virgin coconut oil, caprylic oil, olive leaf extract and garlic all for one week each in rotation so as the yeast does not build up an immunity against these natural anti-fungals. At the same time you need to avoid all refined, processed, hydrogenated and pre-packaged foods as well as high carbohydrate foods like pasta, rice, noodles etc. because the yeast love these type of foods. The optimum diet would be one high in fruit, vegs (no potatos), fish, white meat and nuts/seeds.

    After following the above for 1-3months including the supplements, you can follow up with a parasite cleanse that mostly consist of Black Walnut Hulls as well as other ingredients to kill any problem causing organisms.

    Now your body has removed the bad yeast, it is time to rebuild it with the good microbes. Avoid buying store-shelved probiotics that are on the whole pretty useless. You need to make your own. You should start drinking Kefir, Kombucha Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar. These three items will replenish your system totally with probiotics and maintain a healthy intestinal flora which is what you ideally want. The first two items can be made easily at home while the ACV can be store bought but should be organic and "with mother".

    If you don't see any improvements with this then you it's likely you have an underlying hormonal problem that needs rebalancing. But it would be surprising if you didn't see any improvements as the above method is extremely powerful and has been used for centuries.

  6. #6
    This user has been banned from this forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    836

    Default Re: Yogurt & Seb Derm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but here goes. Yogurt is suppose to be a natural cure for women with yeast infections. If seb derm is caused by yeast then wouldn't yogurt also work on the face?

    I am not suggesting to wear it all day but you could put it on as a mask for a few minutes then wash it off.

    Does anyone have thoughts on this?
    Do women put yogurt up their...?

  7. #7
    This user has been banned from this forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Now the big thing in Italy is cometic chocolate, people go to spas to be covered in chocolate infused with vitamins and other stuff

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NASHVILLE, TN
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Thanks Bradley for all the info. I am pretty sure my main problem is hormonal and also stress related.

    A couple of days ago I got very mad and about blew my top. The next day my face looked horrible and still does. Hopefully it will be better in a couple of days.

    One natural thing that I have been trying is the extra virgin olive oil. I use it every night after washing my face. I can't believe that it hasn't made me break out but it hasn't. The big surprise is that it doesn't make my face oily. It seems to sink in and leaves your skin softer. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I think that it is helping the seb derm a little. I also use it on the top of my hands and they don't look as dry. I think that I will bath in it, haha.

    Someone asked me the other day what I had done because they said that I looked rested. I thought well maybe it's the olive oil.

    I never get my hopes up anymore because I know what works this month or week probably want the next.

    Take care.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NASHVILLE, TN
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Yogurt & Seb Derm

    Quote Originally Posted by fanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but here goes. Yogurt is suppose to be a natural cure for women with yeast infections. If seb derm is caused by yeast then wouldn't yogurt also work on the face?

    I am not suggesting to wear it all day but you could put it on as a mask for a few minutes then wash it off.

    Does anyone have thoughts on this?
    Do women put yogurt up their...?
    Yep that is what I have read.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Yes women can/do apply yoghurt in that area because it contains probiotics. The only problem with yoghurt is that the number of probiotics is relatively small and normally big name brands don't even have any "live" bacteria at all so it is pointless in the end.

    Kombucha Tea, Kefir and ACV are far better because they contain both "live bacteria" (the probiotics) and also the relevant microbes to create the right environment for them to live in (the prebiotics).

    An analogy for the yoghurt method would be like trying to remove water with buckets from a boat that has a hole in it. You can remove as much water as you want but it's still going to fill up again. Patching the hole up would be what the prebiotics do.

    Anyway even if it doesn't solve the problem, it's still great for your overall health and extremely cheap

    Bonnie, the olive oil will moisturise your skin so it will help reduce flakiness but it won't do anything for redness. Rose Hip Oil is by far a better oil to use because it contains essential fatty acids, vitamin e and vitamin a which are great for healing the skin.

    Have you tried using a small amount of tea tree oil because it has good anti-fungal properties so that might help as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach
    By Brady Barrows in forum Diet, lifestyle and relationships
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th October 2012, 07:00 PM
  2. Plain yogurt
    By Mister88 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th June 2012, 05:19 AM
  3. Yogurt mask
    By mojo in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th November 2010, 11:11 PM
  4. Danone Activa yogurt helping
    By TheRedGuy in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2nd October 2008, 12:20 AM
  5. yogurt and your immune system
    By kmegan in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th January 2007, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •