Thread: Helicobacter Pylori-my Rosacea has cleared

Default Helicobacter Pylori-my Rosacea has cleared

First of all, I would like to say that my heart goes out to all of you. I am a 30 year old woman and was diagnosed with Rosacea two years ago. I know what it feels like to sit in a movie theatre and feel your face heating up. Holding your Coke against your cheek, knowing you will have to walk out in those bright lights and have your friends stare at the red patches spreading over your face.

Dreading summer, warm restuarants and crying in front of the computer when you read the Rosacea forums, because you fear it will be worse and worse.

I read about Demodex mites, weak face veins that just deteriorate for no reason, Chinese theories that I have a "build up" of heat that only Acupuncture can fix. You name it, I researched and tried it.

The thing that kept bugging me, is why Rosacea " comes and goes". Surely, if I believe wat the doctors say, the veins in my face are shot, so why do they sometimes heal by themselves so I go into remission for a month or two?

It felt cyclic to me, like something builds and builds, reaches a tipping point and creates havoc with my face. After a while, your veins ARE screwed up, so they no longer close at all.

My husband is a doctor and we sat down to figure this out. It resembled an attack on your immune system, where the body tries to fight back at something, loses the battle and imflammation sets it.

We discovered research on something called Helicobacter Pylori, an ugly bacteria that lives in the lining of your stomach and releases a protein called Bradykinin. This protein is known to be a vasodilator (makes your veins expand). Sure enough, when we did blood tests, I had raised Creatinine levels, and creatinine is the stuff that gets left over after your body breaks up a protein (in this case Bradykinin).

We decided to try eradication therapy of H Pylori:

1. Amoxicillin (2 capsules twice a day)
    2. Clarithromycin (2 capsules twice a day
    3. Omeprazole (1 capsule a day)

For the first three days, nothing happened. On the fouth and fithy day, the Rosacea plaques I had on my cheeks started going away. It cleared up by day six. And on day seven, I put myself through the ulimate test- n stayed in a hot bath for an hour, WHILE drinking a glass of red wine, Two big no-no's.

No red cheeks, no burning, no nothing. I will report on this thread for the next three weeks, an update every second day, to see if this lasts.

Much love to all of you fellow sufferers out there....

So is this treatment based on the same SIBO idea? I'm planning on getting a breath test for SIBO, but wondering if i should also test my blood for creatinine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello IWillBeatThis

The Helicobacter Pylori bacterium like the Demodex mite has been right up there on the top 10 list of the main suspected culprits for the cause of rosacea but nobody has ever been able to confirm that it does plays a part.

If you Google “Helicobacter Pylori” and “Rosacea” you will find various information on studies etc: This is taken from one link:

In a study by Turkish researchers, 25 helicobacter pylori-infected rosacea patients were given treatment for H. pylori consisting of the oral antibiotics amoxicillin and metronidazole for two weeks as well as bismuth subcitrate for four weeks.(1) The severity of rosacea symptoms showed a significant decrease at the end of treatment compared with the initial scores.

"It should not be surprising that rosacea symptoms may improve during treatment for H. pylori, since antibiotics have long been successfully used to treat rosacea in all patients," said Dr. Larry Millikan, chairman of dermatology, Tulane University. "Smaller dosages of oral antibiotics are routinely prescribed to bring rosacea under immediate control, along with long-term use of topical antibiotics to maintain remission."

In a more recent controlled clinical study of 44 rosacea patients with H. pylori infection in the United States, half of the patients were treated for H. pylori and half were not. When examined two months after treatment, there was no statistical difference in rosacea symptoms between the treated and untreated groups.(2)

Anyway the good news is that your treatment is helping and I would stick with it. It sounds like though it’s the anti-inflammatory effect of the antibiotics which is the reason rather than anything else.

Regards

Peter

Default H Pylori

Hello, I Will Beat This

Still awaiting your further news. How are you getting along?

Sally

I was prescribed Amoxicillin before (2 caps a day for 7 days) for a non-rosacea ailment, and a month later my rosacea symptoms were decreased (not completely erased but significantly improved). The improvement lasted a few months and then the rosacea (and the acne that comes with it) were back in full force.

Default H. Pylori

Hello IWillBeatThis

I contracted a severe form of H. Pylori in Pakistan in 1986. I looked like I was on Chemotherapy. The edema, heartbeat irregularities, weight gain, anxiety, excruciating heartburn, joint swelling and fluid retention were awful. When the skeptics all died, and they finally admitted that anti-biotics could CURE H. Pylori infections, my doctor gave me a prescription which cured my H. Pylori infection. I had it for 18 years of un-needed misery and suffering.

The legacy of this was that I am now sensitive to gram negative bacteria, and my auto-immune system is in a deranged state. But, my rosacea did not go away, and only responded to theraputic use of Doxycycline which I needed even after getting rid of the H. Pylori.

But I am convinced, that for me - Intestinal flora, and the body intolerance of certain foods are two key components which reside in the chain of activity which leads to rosacea, for me.

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by IWillBeatThis View Post
    First of all, I would like to say that my heart goes out to all of you. I am a 30 year old woman and was diagnosed with Rosacea two years ago. I know what it feels like to sit in a movie theatre and feel your face heating up. Holding your Coke against your cheek, knowing you will have to walk out in those bright lights and have your friends stare at the red patches spreading over your face.

Dreading summer, warm restuarants and crying in front of the computer when you read the Rosacea forums, because you fear it will be worse and worse.

I read about Demodex mites, weak face veins that just deteriorate for no reason, Chinese theories that I have a "build up" of heat that only Acupuncture can fix. You name it, I researched and tried it.

The thing that kept bugging me, is why Rosacea " comes and goes". Surely, if I believe wat the doctors say, the veins in my face are shot, so why do they sometimes heal by themselves so I go into remission for a month or two?

It felt cyclic to me, like something builds and builds, reaches a tipping point and creates havoc with my face. After a while, your veins ARE screwed up, so they no longer close at all.

My husband is a doctor and we sat down to figure this out. It resembled an attack on your immune system, where the body tries to fight back at something, loses the battle and imflammation sets it.

We discovered research on something called Helicobacter Pylori, an ugly bacteria that lives in the lining of your stomach and releases a protein called Bradykinin. This protein is known to be a vasodilator (makes your veins expand). Sure enough, when we did blood tests, I had raised Creatinine levels, and creatinine is the stuff that gets left over after your body breaks up a protein (in this case Bradykinin).

We decided to try eradication therapy of H Pylori:

1. Amoxicillin (2 capsules twice a day)
    2. Clarithromycin (2 capsules twice a day
    3. Omeprazole (1 capsule a day)

For the first three days, nothing happened. On the fouth and fithy day, the Rosacea plaques I had on my cheeks started going away. It cleared up by day six. And on day seven, I put myself through the ulimate test- n stayed in a hot bath for an hour, WHILE drinking a glass of red wine, Two big no-no's.

No red cheeks, no burning, no nothing. I will report on this thread for the next three weeks, an update every second day, to see if this lasts.

Much love to all of you fellow sufferers out there....

I know this is an older post, but my Rosacea was cured with antibiotics also almost 13 years ago. I still have the damage with broken blood vessels which I work on everday naturally. But the Rosacea is gone. The antibiotics were so strong it almost messed me up somewhere else. I couldn't even take the last dose it was so bad. But it did cure Rosacea and my ulcers. I had it so bad. I looked like I had a very bad sunburn and my friends couldn't even look at me. I think everyone should get a test for the H-Pylori. I only went to get rid of the H-Pylori because I was getting ulcers for years. I was a real mess with ulcers. I was sick of being on Zantac to keep the acid down. I knew this stuff was going to hurt me in my later years. I wanted so bad to get healthy again. I couldn't believe it!! It killed two birds with one stone. I couldn't believe it cured my rosacea, I was thrilled beyond belief. I even discussed this with a dermatologist and he agreed with me that rosacea was connected to the H-Pylori. I've been cured for 13 years now.

what kind of rosacea are we talking about?

just general flushing or more severe?
    cheers