Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Rosex (metrogel) cream

Default Problems with Rosex (metrogel) cream

I first posted on here a couple of weeks ago after I saw my GP and he diagnosed Rosacea. He prescibed me Rosex cream which I have been using on my cheeks and nose for 2 weeks now. I did only suffer from flushing and have little broken veins but since using the Rosex cream my redness seems to have got worse, I am flushing more and now I have a few little tiny spots on my cheeks that were not there before using the Rosex cream My cheeks have been really burning more than normal when I flush and staying dark red for longer than normal.

I just wondered if anyone on here has had the same problems with Rosex cream? I don't know whether to stop using it or if it will eventually improve if I keep using it.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated

Hi Keira,

I am sorry it is not helping your symptoms and I would stop using the Rosex as it is aggravating your skin. 2 weeks is more than enough time to be using it if it is irritating you.

There are other options and in fact metrocream might be more gentle for you to try if you still want to try a topical. Again, for flushing and broken veins I really don't know of any topicals for relief.

Melissa

sorry, I just realized that Rosex might be metrocream so scratch that.

Rosex was still producing papules for me after 2 weeks, which it then stopped doing shortly after (probably some time during the third week, but maybe with the occasional slip). I don't know whether you can tell or not, but are the "little spots" rosacea-spots, or are they due to 'clogged pores' - like acne? If it were the latter (which I doubt), they could be gotten round by just getting a different form of rosex - i.e. the lotion or gel.

Rosex isn't really indicated for flushing anyway so, you know, it might be a bit questionable how much good it was going to do even if this were only a temporary phase.

I would be tempted, though, to carry on for a little longer. One thing you can do is try switching to once per day instead of twice, or miss out the odd day. I did this in the first weeks and it seemed to help with cutting out the extra flushing that, like with you, it was also causing for me (though only in the first week).

Maybe look up some other options (for example the various flushing medications). Then at least if you decide to ditch the metro, you have another horse to ride.

I cant use rosex cream/metorgel,etc. They all make my flushing worse. I find it best just to dab small amounts directly to a spot/papules and leave it at that.

The same happens to me. Most topicals affect my flushing adversely.

Hello Keira

I used the Rosex gel years ago when I was first diagnosed with rosacea over 10 years ago and had a bad reaction to it. Not sure about the cream but the gel contained alcohol which is an irritant for our sensitive skins. I later changed to Clindamycin (Dalacin T lotion) and found that really helped but if you try it then make sure it is the lotion and not the solution, which also contains alcohol.

Itís all trial and error with rosacea until you find something that works Ė but Iím sure you will.

If flushing is your main problem then maybe try a drug like Clonidine (Dixarit) which can be very effective over long term use for calming down the blood vessels.

Good luck

Peter

Thanks very much to you all for taking the time to reply to my post. It is hugely appreciated

I have given the Rosex a rest today and my skin is not burning as much. As my main problem is flushing and broken veins I think I'm going to look into IPL as from looking at the posts on here it seems to have helped quite a lot of people with similar problems to me.

Thanks also for the advice on medication. I will mention it to my GP.

I am really glad I have found this forum and all you lovely helpful people!! I think Rosacea can be quite a daunting condition to have as there is so much conflicting information on what works and what doesn't, it is hard to know where to start! This forum is a great source of info and it is really useful to hear from others in the same situation.

Thanks again

Keira

I think the rozex gel has been reformulated. I had a prescription filled 3 months ago for it and was suprised to find no alcohol in the gel formulation. I can now use it with no probs--in fact it helps my overall inflammation!

When I first tried it 4 years ago it did increase redness and burning

Default Diagnosed rosacea

Today I have been diagnosed rosacea. In my mind I knew there was more to the redness and acne in my face, also because my mother has got couperose. I'm 22 years old and the redness is present since I was 15 years old...
    I'm using rozex - creme metronidazolum 0,75% 30g for the first time now. And also a preparation for my chest (acne), erythromycine 4,000g with buffered cetomacrolcreme tmf 100,00g. I understand that the rozex creme doesn't work for everyone, so I will tell you what it does with my face.
    Although I know it can't be healed completely, I hope it gets better.
    I'm also glad that now I know what it is that I have...because I don't want it to control my life anymore.

Grtz and take care. Elke