Sound familiar? Ha, of course it does pretty much everyone on here has described these symptoms at one time....Let me narrow my case down a bit.
It all started like 5 years ago now maybe around my chin and then upper lower skin folds around the mouth. The skin turns bright red when mouth stretched as in smiling or eating! Even with moisturize from lotion, the red skin is still there and gets dark red when skin is moved. Also, this has spread upwards around the nose and onto the cheeks.
Basically, it looks like I have been sun burnt but with sunglasses on..ya know the redness under the eyes and down from the nose. The forehead is the same thing...everything is localized to the T-zone. There are very few pustules, but I have noticed enlarged pores..almost like a few blackheads where the skin is red.
Like I have said, whenever I stretch my skin it turns insanely red! Here are a few things I have tried:
1. Prascion cleanser (supposed to treat rosacea and seb derm....yet nothing. I have been using this off and one for years...)
2. Tazorac (shed skin off, just made it worse)
3. Minocycline, tetracycline, eurthymcin (a few years back I took these...redness not gone)
4. Proactive/multiple OTC products
5. Clindamycin- this does get ride of acne for me, but the redness is unaffected
* I am currently using ZNP bar and nizoral off and on because I thought I may have a fungal infection. To be honest, I don't think it is having much of an impact.
To recap, There is a PERFECT outline of skin around my chin/mouth area and lower nose that has ALWAYS been red for years! Has also spread to immediate area surrounding nose and the forehead has same isolated patch of skin that is red.
someone please tell me where to go....I don't know what to try right now. I have gone cold turkey for many weeks and months with the redness still there. Thanks for reading!