Thread: Does anyone have facial flushing that feels red hot to touch?

Smile Does anyone have facial flushing that feels red hot to touch?

Greetings everyone, I am new to the site. And I could really use some advice and support.

First let me say, I do have Diabetes AND High Blood Pressure. I take Glucovance and Lisinopril/HCTZ for my conditions. A few years ago, I started having hot flashes and facial flushing. They tested me for the culprit and ruled out hormones or pre-menopause. Also although I have high blood presssure, they don't think it is high enough to cause these type of symptoms.

My face is very easy to blush and flush. My main puzzling question is:

Does Rosacea actually make the skin feel hot?? Sometimes it gets so hot that I take all my vitals. My blood pressure, blood sugar level and even my temperture. All come back normal.

I do have very tiny bumps on my cheek area. The redness is mostly on my cheeks right next to my nose area. (The apples of cheeks..maybe??) I can also see redness on the forehead and chin as well.

I also have facial dryness with itching that may or may not be related to this condition. Does anyone suffer from random itchy/creepy crawly sensations on the face?

That is about it. All I can think of right now. I am deserate to find some clues as to what I am going through right now. Tired of looking like I have a light sunburn on my face all the time lol.. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for listening.

Sharon

Hi Sharon and welcome to RF.

It is definitely not uncommon to have your face feel very hot to the touch. When I am flushing and burning I feel like I have a fever.

This is a good link to read for a general overview.

http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Since you have high blood pressure you might want to ask your doctor for a beta blocker as that helps some people re their flushing.

The bumps you are referring to might be papules. You should find a good derm to diagnose and help treat you. There are antiinflammatory meds that can help papules and pustules like Oracea which is a submicrobial dose of doxy.

It is important to keep well moisturised as many rosaceans do have dry skin and the dry skin can cause you tolerance for flushing to be lowered. I find myself most flushy when my skin is dry.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

HI

You may also want to have a look at seb derm as it can often go hand in hand with rosacea and the symptoms are often confused/overlap.

With regards the hot feeling, my skin can feel incredibly hot to the touch.

You might like to try taking an antihistamine if this is compatible with your other medication (perhaps best ask your doctor or pharmacist) as it can help calm the skin.

Thanks guys for the responses!! I think that I was a bit confused. Everytime I search information about Rosacea, I can't seem to find anything about the hot feeling in the facial area. So I began to panic thinking "well, It cant be Rosacea after all, cause that doesn't cause a hot sensation"..... Reading your replies helps me realize that it very well could still be a symptom of Rosacea. Please keep your comments coming!! THank you all.

You're welcome.

The burning/hot feeling is the worst symptom for me.
    I find that eating/drinking something cold really helps cool me down so luckily I like ice cream

There are many things you can do to help your symptoms so don't despair and check out the links when you get a chance.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Default Some thoughts I posted

http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_...818#post222818

If youre still around Id be very curious as to your thoughts.

Oh yes, Rosacea can make your skin feel hot.

At my worst, I felt like I had a third degree sunburn on the outside of my skin, hot flashes/fever internally, and then I flushed on top of that! So intense.

Just FYI-I don't know about the particular BP med you are on, but I do know certain ones can exacerbate flushing. I also know Clonidine is indicated for hypertension and it's generally Rosacea friendly, so you might want to discuss that as an option with your doc.

good luck-
    Kristen
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utķliŽ (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantiŽ (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Oh yes, Rosacea can make your skin feel hot.

At my worst, I felt like I had a third degree sunburn on the outside of my skin, hot flashes/fever internally, and then I flushed on top of that! So intense.
    Kristen,

all almost use the same words when I try to explain my flushing to someone. It is like having a sunburn and very high fever at the same time. All I can think of during this flushing episode is finding a bucket filled with icecubes and putting my head into it.

Barbara

At times my face can feel very hot but not look very red. I don't feel as if I am flushing.

For me the throbbing heat is the #1 way to know I'm in a flush.

For me its never really painful, its just really really uncomfortable.