Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Face Wash?

Default Best Face Wash?

Hello to all,

First, i'm new. I would like to thank everyone in advance for their great posts, pics, advice, etc. Meeting other people with roascea really makes me feel great inside. I feel as if NO ONE has this disease in the state of Missouri (that I have encountered anyway). So to know their are others out there just like me, that get asked the same question just like me, "did you get in a fight?" or "what happened to your face", etc. So to all, thank you!

Anyways, what do you guys feel is the best face wash to use that does not make your rosacea worse, or tones down the redness??

Right now I am currently using "Clean and Clear daily face wash". However I looked at the ingredients this morning and noticed it had "fragerance" in it. If I recall correctly, that is something you want to steer clear of, correct?

Would proactive be a good wash to use?

Sorry to ramble, but, any and all advice is appreciated.

-Matt

Your not alone... Fellow show me state rosacean suffer here also. My dermatologist really tried to sell me on cetaphil products which worked great for awhile but seemed like it really started to dry my skin out (maybe i was washing to much, who knows) I started using face doctor complextion soap and that is all that i use morning and evening. It is rather expensive for soap (i think i payed roughly 35 dollars plus shipping thru amazon) but it lasts forever and i personally get good results. I follow up with Neutrogena Oil free Moisture for sensitive skin and it works well with no after effects. Hope this helps and remember what works for 1 person may not work for everyone but my daily routine of cleansing, dose of oracea followed by metrogel and a afternoon zrtec has got my rosacea seemingly under control with out a flare up for over 3 months now. Good luck and God bless. Steven

Hi-

It's definitely trial and error in finding good skincare products for our sensitive skins. For me, cleansers without sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates or SLS work the best. Yes, sans fragrance would be good too, as fragrance can be irritating. Calming agents, like green and white teas, chamomile, licorice, allantoin, bisobolol, are good for our skin. Avoid products with alcohol, AHA or BHA acids (unless your skin can handle a low amount), witch hazel, menthol, peppermint, etc. I read and check ingredients on anything I buy as my skin is reactive. You can go to cosmeticscop.com and read up on skin care ingredients and what to avoid. Back to the cleanser..... I love SkinMedica cleanser; has green tea and panthenol in it. Reduces my redness a little and doesn't irritate or strip the skin. Free and Clear (on dermstore.com) is another SLS free cleanser for combination skin.

Yvette

Hi again,

I wanted to say to those who are making comments about your face - three big lashes! Obviously, they have no tact or manners. Some people making comments like that are insecure about themselves anyway. They probably have problems of their own and dish out on others. Or, maybe they are just plain rude or oblivious.... Everyone has issues, maybe not with their skin, but everyone has things in their life they wish they didn't or wish they could change. It's hard.... Anyway, if the redness bothers you, you could check around for tinted sunscreen like ZincO or similar or even a concealer. I use makeup and it definitely makes my skin more even toned. Even a light layer can look completely natural but still cover. Also, if you have some $$ you could check into laser treatments: IPL, Vbeam, KTP, etc. A few treatments can help even out and reduce the redness in your skin. A Derm. can give your more specifics based on your skin needs and condition.

Take care.

Yvette

I used to use Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel per recommendation from Dr. Nase's book.

Now I believe that the
    best face wash is no face wash!

This one is very gentle. The ingredients are listed.

http://www.skintique.com/servlet/the...eansing/Detail

Hi Matt

U can try Linda Sy,'s Oatmeal cleanser. Its creamy lather cleans and calms my skin.
    I like Aveeno Ultra Calming as well. I want to try Clinique redness solution cleanser.
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

Hi Matt and welcome to RF.

As you can see everyone has their individual preferences and it is just a matter of trial and error in finding what works well for you.

I like Eucerin redness relief cleansing gel
    http://www.eucerinus.com/products/fa..._cleanser.html

and they are giving a $2 coupon right now that is in the link I provided.

Whatever you do try make sure you do a patch test first to make sure you don't have any adverse reaction. It is not always possible to tell right away but this should help avoid any major problems.

Also check out this link as it contains reviews of helpful products.
    http://rosaceagroup.org/review/r/Cleansers.html

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I like Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser plus Blemish Control. It's cooling and healing to my skin...probably because it has a lot of glycerin...and the salicylic acid helps with the p&p's without irritating.

Bactrim (phasing out), Spironolactone 1x/day, Retin-a cream .05% in the p.m., Neutrogena Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, avoid dairy and usual Rosacea triggers.

Default Thanks for the great advice!

Hiball- Fellow Missourian huh?? Where abouts? I stay out in St. Peters area! I myself use Cetaphil lotion after showers in the morning. I do not use their face wash however. Do you see any redness after using your facewash? When I wake up in the morning, I have a pinkish tint, but then soon as I wash my face with "Clean and Clear" face wash it brightens up the redness. This morning I used my girlfriends ProActive! Seemed to work WAY better, toned down the redness and all.

Yvette- I definitely hear ya about peoples morals/manners, or lack thereof! See i've come to the conclusion that, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER! It used to really bother me when someone would ask, "did you get in a fight"? See I work in sales, so I come into contact with hundreds of people, some of them ask, some of them don't even care. It used to really bother me, until this one customer said, "that is YOU, that is what makes Matt, Matt"! Not to mention, my beautiful girlfriend of almost 3 years says it's cute. So that right there makes me feel 100% ok with it. I'm at the point in my life where i'm starting to think about children and my only care is what they will look like, their health, etc. I've looked into laser treatments bad have heard some bad things about them, not to mention they are pricey!

Fut- No face wash huh? Don't think I could do that, I love a clean, fresh feeling face!

Erikson- Let me ask you Erik, at night, when you use your Refining mask. Do you cover your entire rosacea area with it and let sit for 10 minutes?

Melissa- I'm definitely going to try that Eucerin redness relief? Do you still use it? Any side effects? See i've used this Clean and Clear cleanser for probably going on 5-7 years. Since highschool! But i've only now come to the realization that it's affecting my rosacea with the fragerance, acid's, etc.

-Matt