Thread: Raised, Bumpy, Itchy Areas Near Hairline When Sweating...

Default Raised, Bumpy, Itchy Areas Near Hairline When Sweating...

Hey Guys:

Just a quick question as to whether the title of this post sounds familiar to anyone. A bit more of a description. On a rather humid day like to day, just a bit of sweating (bringing some groceries upstairs from the car, not any major exercise) my forehead...more specifically,the areas of the upper forehead, at the corners, near my hairline...will get raised, redder than the rest of my face, and itchy. This "irritation" will go down within an hour or so after I'm not sweating.

The area I'm speaking of never actually goes away entirely as far as being able to see it--a couple areas of my upper forehead that are a bit redder than the rest, kind of like a red stain or even a mild rash, but I can't feel it--it's not itchy or raised, or really bumpy.

Anyway, this is confusing to me. Anyone else have anything that sounds like this? It doesn't really seem with any rosacea description I'm aware of, but what do I know.

yes it sounds familiar....i have it over my whole forehead. It could be a sweat allergy (Cholinergic Urticaria) I have it when i go to the gym. Derm gave me XyZal antihistamines to control it. No reason why it happens....it can also stop just as suddenly as it starts. look it up and see if it sounds like what u have,

Terry

Hey guys!!!
    yeah i also have exactly the same thing.. it has been what has driven me mad over the past couple of months and why i went onto oxytetracycline. I get it when im sweating in the sun or exercising.. and theres no WAY im giving up going in the sun so i decided to go onto the antibiotic. Mine also covers my whole forehead, and the bumps always stay there... most of them have now left after 4 1/2 weeks on the antibiotic, but there still about 6 stubborn bumps (hold thumbs they go!)
    But yea it is pretty common.. the irony is is that people always think that sweating is cleaning out our pores, but in fact its making them worse cos of this allergy
    Yogataz, do you know if claritin helps with them also? Ive been taking those for about 3 weeks now, and dont know if i should brave going into the sun!!

well i saw dr Chu, and he recognised it immediately, and said only thing that could help was antiistamines. Xyzal seesm more specific for this condition, and when i took clarityn, it didn't do much. So i would try and get a prescription for it.

Thanks so much for the info, I honestly think my skin has a number of problems that can't all be dealt with the same way and aren't the same condition. While I may very well have rosacea and/or seb derm and/or who the hell knows, in a way I'd love to tackle this problem first because it is far and away the most uncomfortable thing I deal with.

It happened to my forehead last night, but even more so, I got one of these things (a welt/hive sort of thing...VERY itchy, raised (again, a welt, not a pimple)...it went away within an hour or so, although you can see a reddish area where it was today, but it no longer itches and is not raised. These things are so uncomfortable and especially in the summer can't be avoided. It wasn't like I was running a marathon, I was just carrying two bags of groceries up stairs in 80 degree weather--not exactly extreme exertion.

Anyway, maybe I'll take some Claritin, and I have a derm appointment in about a month and I'll make sure to see if I can get more info or maybe a more specific recommendation from him.

i can totally relate, I have 3 overlapping skin issues atm. Rosacea, demodicosis on my sideburns, and this sweat allergy thing on my forehead. All require different treatment protocols, and just keeping it up is a feat in itself.