Thread: Calendula Cream, great stuff

Default Calendula Cream, great stuff

Hi fellow rosaceans,

I've been using this cream for a week now and I LOVE it.

http://www.californiababy.com/calendula-cream-2-oz.html

It seems to have a tremendous anti inflammatory effect on my skin. Soothes and calms it. It even seems to lessen the redness and flushing a bit. Works much better than the pyratine-6 that cost $130 a tube and made my face break out and feel tight.

I love this California Baby Calendula cream. It's fluffy and light yet it moisturizes well. It doesn't irritate my skin. It seems to help heal it, as well.

Here's hoping it helps somebody else as much as it seems to help me.

-wc

I have this in my arsenal! I got it with a sample pack of CB stuff I ordered for my kids. I've been afraid to try it, though, b/c I seem to have reactions to some natural products. Maybe I'll do a test patch and see if it works. It's supposed to be good for dermatitis, which I have, so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. Or, with my luck, cause more irritation that needs to be rescued with heavy chemical topicals!!!

Glad it's working for you!

~J

It also seems to have totally knocked out a few small patches of seb derm on my chin that have been bothering me for ages.

This cream is good stuff! I really recommend it!

I wonder if it would cause a similar reaction for me as the calendula gel does which is hives. So crazy but I break out in hives to aloe vera and calendula gel both of which are supposed to be healing and soothing. I am almost tempted to try this but I will wait and see. Thanks for sharing the info.

Melissa

Melissa, you are probably allergic to plants in the daisy or aster family (which includes chrysanthemums, ragweed, calendula and chamomile). If you've previously had hives when in contact with calendula gel it seems unlikely that this cream would help, which is a shame because calendula is supposed to be very nice. I wish I could try it but I have a ragweed allergy and have to stay away from all sorts of nice skin products containing chamomile as a result.

Sounds like a good product for those with no ragweed allergies, though.

Thanks for the info Nathini.

I am definitely very allergic to ragweed and hate chamomile tea
    I do love daisies though..figures I am probably allergic to them. They are one of my favorite flowers.
    Too bad though as the calendula cream does sound nice.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I've been doing a test patch of the calendula cream for the past three days. (Knock on wood!) So far, so good! Interesting, too, b/c I seem to have problems with a lot of natural stuff.

I have a lot of environmental allergies and get shots for trees/grasses/pollen, but I don't think ragweed was ever mentioned.

I've put the cream on two areas twice a day for the past three days. Both areas are smoother and less itchy (dermatitis spots). If that keeps up I will try it on my face as a whole and see if the little bit of pink in my skin lightens up.

Fingers crossed!

~J