Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fungal infections, candida, seb derm, blepharitis, tinea versicolor.

Default Fungal infections, candida, seb derm, blepharitis, tinea versicolor.

Hey,

I am finally convinced that some of my skin problems are caused by fungal infections.

Since childhood, I had hyper pigmentation/discoloration at my back. The tests results showed that it was fungal. http://www.medicinenet.com/tinea_versicolor/article.htm

I also get red itchy bumps on my chest which went away with frequent use of nizoral shampoo.

Next, my beard area has always been extremely sensitive. If I shave with razors it gets really red and irritated. Even trimming made it red for several minutes. Its where I had seborrheic dermatitis which is fungi related as well.

I experience eye problems from time to time. Always thought it was ocular rosacea but it got worse when my seb derm was worse, did some online research and found out that it sounds like seborrheic blepharitis. http://www.avclinic.com/blepharitis.htm

In addition, I have been having brain fog for so long, which might be a symptom of candida.

I started an anti-fungal around 2 weeks ago and I feel much better. My beard area doesn't get that red after shaving, brain fog is gone, can think more clearly, redness and bumps on my chest are gone, my eyes feel normal too.

I eat no refined sugars, a little bit of fruits (berries), no bread, low carbonhydrates, chicken breast, salmon fillet, steamed vegetables, lentils, beans, all other greens, green tea along with probitics (around 6 pills /30 billion active bacteria), Vit C, E, B-complex 50*2, Omega 3,6,9 (fish,flax,borage oil) and Digestive Enzymes.

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Forgot to mention, also, Grape Seed Exctract, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, Zinc, Copper and Lutein.

what antifungal are u taking francios..is it prescription? i am also convinced some of my skin issues..esp the itchiness is fungal.

Terry

Hey Terry,

I am currently not taking any anti-fungal medication, but following a strict diet along with supplements I mentioned. That being said, I am intending to do some research about the anti-fungal oral and topical meds.

Would love to hear from people who tried any anti fungals as well.

i tried ketaconozole cream (daktarin gold in the UK) for 2 weeks, and it seemed to help the itch and redness, but i had to stop as the other ingredients are really drying -its an athletes foot preparation.

I am intending to give a try to Bioderma DS. Cleansing Gel and Cream. Supposed to help with Seborrheic Dermatitis.

ketoconazole cream works great for me

Wouldn't let the athletes foot reference scare you too much
    ...I've heard some 'celebrities' use Preparation-H on their face
    to get rid of the bags under eyes from the late night partying

Default anti-fungals

I tried oral itraconazole for 7 days at 200 mg/day. It helped my scalp seb derm but did nothing for my face.

Scalp remained calm for 4 months after taking it but as I can control the scalp with Stieprox shampoo never repeated it. Have heard some people clear completely on it and then can take 1-2 pills a month and stay clear (lucky buggers).

Default Natural alternative

Hey,

You could try organic virgin coconut oil. It's anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Research it and you'll see all the professional research on it. I'm going to try a coconut oil detox (a bit extreme I know) to try and get rid of any candida or fungus causing my eczema and see if this helps my blephartis. I only started today and hope to go for at least 3 days so i'll keep you posted on results.

You should see a doctor and ask them to perscribe an oral antifungal then. Thats what i intend to do