Thread: Yeast/candida olive leaf anyone try this?

Default Yeast/candida olive leaf anyone try this?

Hello all,
    I am new here and have been a rosacea sufferer for some time now. Not much has helped me, but I am trying this in hopes of results. Forgive me if anyone has brought this topic up before...if anyone has tried olive leaf, I'd love to hear the results.
    Read article below:
    Rosacea and the Candida Connection

Rosacea is a chronic disease of the skin of the face that usually begins between the ages of 30 and 50 and affects an estimated 13 million Americans. (30) It is characterized by papular and pustular acne, redness of the face, and, especially in men, of nodular swelling of the nose called rhinophyma. Rosacea can sometimes be eliminated by large doses of MSM, but this is a particularly stubborn problem to treat.

Although no one knows what causes rosacea, I would like to present a theory, based on my own case study. Four years ago, I was diagnosed with rosacea by a dermatologist. Not long afterward, I reluctantly opted to treat the condition with antibiotics and a topical cream, which were ineffective. I discontinued the treatments. Gradually, my rosacea worsened. Since childhood, I also had symptoms and predisposing factors of candida and test results from Great Smokey Mountain Laboratories indicated I had an excessively high yeast level. I began to wonder if rosacea and candida could be connected.

I found several references on Medline drawing a similar conclusion. Although the references were from foreign journals without abstracts, two titles in particular ("Rosacea caused by Candida," and "Are Yeast Infections Important in Rosaceal Dermatitis?") suggest that the researchers did indeed make a connection between the two diseases. (31-32) In another study of 1996 patients, those subjects with acne, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and other skin diseases suffered from a candida infection significantly more often than controls. (28)

As I followed an anti-candida, anti-parasitical supplement program (caprylic acid, an acidophilus, bifidum, and fructooligosaccharides supplement, a multi-vitamin formula that included high doses of vitamin A, garlic extract, berberine (goldenseal), sorbic acid, pau d'arco) and a strict anti-candida diet, my rosacea regressed in stages. Either because my candida was tenacious or because I wasn't using the most effective fatty acid available (undecylenic acid such as that found in VRP's KandidaPlex has been found to be 4 to 5 times more effective than caprylic acid), my symptoms were slow to disappear. However, once I included olive leaf extract, also a potent anti-candida supplement, and beta-1,3/1,6-glucan, I experienced two even more intense die off reactions and a temporary worsening of my rosacea followed by a significant improvement in my skin condition. (33-34) My candida symptoms now are 99% gone, and the rosacea on my face is roughly 97% improved.

Alternatively, researchers have hypothesized that rosacea is caused by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. Olive leaf extract and beta-1,3/1,6-glucan have been shown to exert potent antibacterial abilities, and many herbs that kill candida also destroy H. pylori. Another hypothesis, then, is that I've nearly eliminated my rosacea by eliminating H. pylori. (35-36) However, the intensity of my die off reactions and the near-elimination of my candida symptoms suggest that the amazing improvement in my skin is the result of eliminating the pathogenic yeast from my body.

So, do you mean that you are actually taking olive leaf extract?

You should be able to tell if it is working by whether you are experiencing "die-off" - flu-like symptoms for example.

Wink Olive leaf

Actually, I am wondering if folks have tried olive leaf and if they have had success with it in regards to rosacea. The article wasn't me writing it, someone else who used it in conjunction with other probiotic products.

Well I went straight out last night and purchased Olive leaf extract capsules.

Took 1 last night and 1 this morning. Now I am not sure if it is a coincidence but I feel quite lousy today, almost as if I have a cold.

I have read that some people experience a "die-off" effect and that this is a good thing as it means the toxins are leaving your body.

I will continue to drink copious amounts of water ( it says you should if "die off" occurs ) and keep everybody updated if it appears to help my rosacea in any way.

MD

Hi

Two years ago, I wanted to try and get off my oral antiobiotics, so I decided to replace then with Olive Leaf Extract. I took the recommended dose for a couple of months. First the plain liquid and then the peppermint flavoured one ( which may have been a bad idea).

Anyway, despite my enthusiasm at going natural and healthy, I continued to get lots of pustules.
    At that point I didn't have flushing or much redness as it had been brought under control by IPL, so I can't comment on the effect of Olive Leaf Extract on those rosacea components.

A girl in the office decided to try Olive Leaf to help boost her immune system and help her ward off the many colds she contracted.
    Didn't help her either.

Alas.

Just an added note. I can't remember all the details now, but according to the literature I read, you are not supposed to take Olive Leaf Extract at the same time as taking antibiotics. Something to do with one negating the other.

The herbal supplement, Dida I have benn using to fight candida overgrowth contains olea europaea, (olive leaves) amongst many other yeast busting herbs. It has been effective.